Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Radio: It’s not unreasonable to consider moving on from Allen

Lit has hated Josh Allen form day one. He loves him some Josh Rosen.

Is it time for Miami to move on from Josh Rosen?

Is it time for Cleveland to move on from Baker Mayfield?

Is it time for the Jets to move on from Sam Darnold?

This is anther shit post from the king troll Lit.

• Like 1

Just now, junglesouljah said:

It's not just Lit now. Anyone with half a brain can see Josh just doesn't have it. 

He can't go through more than 1-2 progressions before tucking and running, can't handle pressure, can't hold onto the ball, can't hit a pass over 20 yards, throws the ball behind receivers, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Uh, this was from the Radio...

but yeah, they’re right.

and the movement is growing.

dont worry - we all know you will jump on the bandwagon when you see the obvious coming ... just like you did with Star.

13 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Dude, many of us dislike lit, but come on man. Allen is not good. Regardless of how rosen is doing, Allen is awful. I try to stay as reasonable as possible with sprinkles of optimism, but allen is not a franchise QB. Look at what Russell Wilson is getting paid. Do you think in 2 years Allen will be half as good as wilson? Is Allen going to be worth 35 million a year?

You provide a lot of good content to the board but sometimes I think you work for the Bill's PR department with your personnel takes.

• Like 1

I don't see why we would do such a thing if you go off of today.

He got a PI on his deep ball, no turnovers, ran for two scores, and drove the team for the go ahead score in the fourth along with giving them a chance with a good drive with less than 2 minutes to go. Hauska makes his kicks or we convert on that failed 3rd or 4th down and we win.

I wouldn't be looking to blame Allen today. He was good enough. Run game was trash and he faced a ton of pressure with guys coming free numerous times.

Coaching needs to be better.

Oline needs to be better.

Defense needs to keep teams from marching down the field late when we have a 4 point lead.

Kicker needs to make kicks.

Allen is likely our guy through 2020.  There's no avoiding it.  The administration will feel pressure starting him by mid next year if he's still struggling like he is now

37 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

You have had his balls in your mouth since day 1. How can you not see that he's not ever going to be a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL?

37 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Dude face the truth Allen is a dud.

Josh isn’t good enough, you need a great QB in today’s game, and Allen doesn’t have “it”

I'm not a huge Allen fan, but I wouldn't put this game on him. Maybe if the defense was afraid of the run once and while and didnt blitz and get pressure on him Everytime he stepped back, he would have better numbers. He also did what he had to to get the Bills into position to tie. I put this more on the coaches than Allen, sure he missed a few passes, but that literally happens to every QB in the league. 

I don't know if Allen will be the guy at QB, but you might as well forgot about him not being the QB the rest of the season and next. He's not going anywhere anytime soon, whether or not we like it or not.

If we wanna stick with Allen,  they've gotta go the Cam Newton route and make his running a big part of the play-calling.  Not Ideal at all, but that's where he is good.

Just now, Baldat28 said:

I'm not a huge Allen fan, but I wouldn't put this game on him. Maybe if the defense was afraid of the run once and while and didnt blitz and get pressure on him Everytime he stepped back, he would have better numbers. He also did what he had to to get the Bills into position to tie. I put this more on the coaches than Allen, sure he missed a few passes, but that literally happens to every QB in the league. 

I don't know if Allen will be the guy at QB, but you might as well forgot about him not being the QB the rest of the season and next. He's not going anywhere anytime soon, whether or not we like it or not.

Doesn't matter about the D, they held the Browns to 19 points.  Every team in the NFL will tell you that if they hold their opponent under 20 there is no excuse for not winning the game

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Yep.

Sure, but Allen completed 54% of his passes (not great) for an average of 12 yards per completion (not bad). No TDs (problematic) and no INTs (which is great). The real problem this week, and every week prior? This offense simply cannot exploit an opponent's weakness. The Browns struggle stopping the run, so they run 20 times and pass 41. That's not on Allen. But it is infuriating.

8 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Doesn't matter about the D, they held the Browns to 19 points.  Every team in the NFL will tell you that if they hold their opponent under 20 there is no excuse for not winning the game

And it may have been less than that had the offense run the ball, eaten up the clock, and put more points on the board. The entire offensive side of the ball is underachieving.

It's time to move on from Dablow! Obviously, he wants to scheme as if Allen were a gunslinger, but he's not. We were supposed to be a run heavy team and we're not. Dablow is misusing and burning up his QB with his shitty play calling, his failure to recognize the correct play for most given situation s and for trying to plug a square block into a round hole with Allen. 

I'm not saying Allen isn't to blame, but it starts at the coaching level with a young, raw QB

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Dude, many of us dislike lit, but come on man. Allen is not good. Regardless of how rosen is doing, Allen is awful. I try to stay as reasonable as possible with sprinkles of optimism, but allen is not a franchise QB. Look at what Russell Wilson is getting paid. Do you think in 2 years Allen will be half as good as wilson? Is Allen going to be worth 35 million a year?

You provide a lot of good content to the board but sometimes I think you work for the Bill's PR department with your personnel takes.

Has Allen ever had a true #1 WR to throw to?

The OL Allen played behind his rookie year was terrible. The OL he is playing behind this year is better but can be improved at RT.

Has Allen ever had a good OC as a play caller?

Yes Allen has area's of his game he can improve on, but it's not time to give up on him. Allen has showed improve and progress from last year.

2 hours ago, B LO said:

It's not just Lit now. Anyone with half a brain can see Josh just doesn't have it. 

He can't go through more than 1-2 progressions before tucking and running, can't handle pressure, can't hold onto the ball, can't hit a pass over 20 yards, throws the ball behind receivers, etc.

I would love to have a young Tom Brady under center.

But it AIN'T that easy to find a QB.

We struggled for 20+ years to just find a QB that doesn't suck.     Lest we forget we drafted EJ Manuel.   We started Jeff Tuel.   We had Kevin Kolb for 30 seconds.  Remember Cardale Jones?   And those All Pros Trent Edwards and JP Loseman?

If fans want to "move on" from Josh Allen.......you first have to find a better replacement.  Tell me how we do that.     Pluck one of the QB tree that grows in everyone's backyard?

I will take Patrick Mahomes.  Maybe even Kyle Murray.    But I would rather have Josh Allen than Jamies Winston or Marcus Mariota or Dwayne Haskins or Cam Newton.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I would love to have a young Tom Brady under center.

But it AIN'T that easy to find a QB.

We struggled for 20+ years to just find a QB that doesn't suck.     Lest we forget we drafted EJ Manuel.   We started Jeff Tuel.   We had Kevin Kolb for 30 seconds.  Remember Cardale Jones?   And those All Pros Trent Edwards and JP Loseman?

If fans want to "move on" from Josh Allen.......you first have to find a better replacement.  Tell me how we do that.     Pluck one of the QB tree that grows in everyone's backyard?

I will take Patrick Mahomes.  Maybe even Kyle Murray.    But I would rather have Josh Allen than Jamies Winston or Marcus Mariota or Dwayne Haskins or Cam Newton.

Well...right now....teams are finding dudes right off the street. The other two Allen’s and Minshew make qbing look so easy. 

3 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I was talking about the Browns D not having to worry about defending the run, a shot at Dabol

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Well...right now....teams are finding dudes right off the street. The other two Allen’s and Minshew make qbing look so easy. 

GTFOH

Those guys aren't anything special whatsoever, but they make QB'ing look easy.

What a joke! Those dudes aren't winning games, but they make it look easy.

LMFAO. You're off your rocker, bro!

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Maybe we can trade the Colts at 2nd round pick to get Chad Kelly  LOL