Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

How do the homers feel good about this team?

Recommended Posts

We’re pretenders with few play makers . And the coaching staff sucks at situational football.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta keep your expectations low.  The Bills have been everything I expected this season.  They're a middling team who finds ways to beat themselves.  Either through turnovers or stupid play calling or both.  :niterider:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will be talking about what a great team we are. 

It's like they don't even watch the games. 

Pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the summer I thought the Bills would finish 10-6.     They still have a shot at that.

 

PS  I fire the Offensive Coordinator in the off season.   Draft and sign ELITE Olinemen and keep coaching Josh Allen up.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

PS  I fire the Offensive Coordinator in the off season.  

That'll be the key right there.  I'm done with the Daybz.  :niterider:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, seandelevan said:

Over the summer I thought 7-9 at best.....

still on the table fuckers.

IF we do not take the offensive play calling out of Daboll's hands then I think that is a tad opitimistic.  I don't see us beating Miami or Denver, and I don't see us beating the Steelers or Jets.  I know that we are not beating Dallas, New England, or Baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We beat Miami and Jets....that’s it 

8-8 and no playoffs 

I was cringing the last weeks hearing fuckers say “we going to the playoffs” 

really? 

Really? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Media saying Bills are a "paper" team all week.  What good is a playoff bound record only to be knocked out round 1 and then say -- at least we're showing improvement?  They have got to get rid of Allen. A guy who can't hit a decent bomb at least once every 3 games has no place starting in the NFL after this amount of time in the starting role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, theAteam said:

6-3*

....by a team that looks like their 3-6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Over the summer I thought 7-9 at best.....

still on the table fuckers.

The season isn't over yet, despite you wanting it to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Over the summer I thought 7-9 at best.....

still on the table fuckers.

You're the guy at the bar who hits on a girl, gets shot down, and then goes home and calls it a night instead of soldiering on and talking to more ladies. It's this whole defeatist mentality that isn't serving you any purpose in life. Yeah we've all had our shares of disappointment with this team over years but if something doesn't go our way it can't be "Game/Season Over" everytime. Is anyone here happy about this loss tonight? No, but geez man keep it together.

 

Billieve.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffalo needs more talent on offense.

Beane needs to get Allen a #1 WR , a RB with speed and a RT as Ford should be the starting LG or RG.

The offense is better than it was last year in terms of talent, but getting more talent will take this offense to the next level.

The playcalling by Daboll needs to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herodotus said:

IF we do not take the offensive play calling out of Daboll's hands then I think that is a tad opitimistic.  I don't see us beating Miami or Denver, and I don't see us beating the Steelers or Jets.  I know that we are not beating Dallas, New England, or Baltimore.

Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England and Dallas beat the Bills for sure.
Miami, Denver and the Jets.   We lose one of those.

So I guess that would make us 8-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, junglesouljah said:

Buffalo needs more talent on offense.

Beane needs to get Allen a #1 WR , a RB with speed and a RT as Ford should be the starting LG or RG.

The offense is better than it was last year in terms of talent, but getting more talent will take this offense to the next level.

The playcalling by Daboll needs to improve.

Daboll needs to go plain and simple....there is nothing about him currently or moreso in his history that says he will suddenly become a good OC....this guy has been bottom ten in every single tenure in his history.......the whole offence needs a tune up.......we are plain awful at passing the ball plain and simple!  We have the backs to be a run first team....i thought this was suppossed to be our identity....Singletary rips off 9 and 8 yard runs and yet again pretty much disappears.....we are on a very quick trek to being one of the worst offences in the league...im not kidding....asides from cinci and chicago whose worse than us?  If we had a middle of the road defence or slightly below believe me we would be nowhere near 6 wins currently......we cant even get to 20 points on offence....time is running out......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jpp said:

Daboll needs to go plain and simple....there is nothing about him currently or moreso in his history that says he will suddenly become a good OC....this guy has been bottom ten in every single tenure in his history.......the whole offence needs a tune up.......we are plain awful at passing the ball plain and simple!  We have the backs to be a run first team....i thought this was suppossed to be our identity....Singletary rips off 9 and 8 yard runs and yet again pretty much disappears.....we are on a very quick trek to being one of the worst offences in the league...im not kidding....asides from cinci and chicago whose worse than us?  If we had a middle of the road defence or slightly below believe me we would be nowhere near 6 wins currently......we cant even get to 20 points on offence....time is running out......

Daboll is fired at the end of the year unless this offense becomes markedly better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6-3 sounds good to me at this point of the season.  They beat Washington last week, should beat the Dolphins next week.  Relax they are not a bad team, nor are they a Super Bowl contender.  Cleveland is a hot and cold team...when Baker is on he does well and makes the Browns a strong team.  When Baker sucks he kills that team!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

You're the guy at the bar who hits on a girl, gets shot down, and then goes home and calls it a night instead of soldiering on and talking to more ladies. It's this whole defeatist mentality that isn't serving you any purpose in life. Yeah we've all had our shares of disappointment with this team over years but if something doesn't go our way it can't be "Game/Season Over" everytime. Is anyone here happy about this loss tonight? No, but geez man keep it together.

Billieve.jpg

I'm one likely labeled a "homer" by the doomist crowd, but this week revealed what many of us suspected was looming under the surface of an exciting record: "Same Old Bills." This team was able to pull it out against some bad teams early, but have finally shown some consistency against teams with any real talent. Consistently sub-par. The defense shows up almost every game, but the offense just cannot get it done. They scrape by teams they should blow out and come up woefully short against teams they could beat. This week was a great example, the Browns struggle against the run, so the Bills run 20 times, and pass 41 and muster a measly 16 points putting the game in the hands of their kicker t 54 yards out because they just couldn't get him any closer. Ridiculous.

In another post, I shared that this isn't a curse, it's a stigma. Ever since "Wide Right," this team has only ever done enough to get hopes up, and then imploded. The Bills have faced quality opponents in the Patriots and Eagles, and face a talented but dysfunctional team in the Browns and lost all three. They've narrowly escaped losses to some of the worst teams in the league this year in the Dolphins, Bengals, and Jets. This is not just about Allen; the entire offense has simply been unimpressive this year. Not one game has left us going "There it is! That's what we were waiting for!" We're always waiting for "that game" where they "put it all together" and dominate an opponent. They've faced the the absolute worst teams in the league this year and haven't sniffed of dominance. Have they provided some exciting moments? Absolutely! Has it been entertaining. Yes. Will they beat a quality opponent this year? It certainly doesn't look like it, and after the last 17/18 years of irrelevance, they ONLY have everything to prove, and right now, all they're proving is that it's the same old Bills.

C'mon, SackMan, are you really as confident in this team now as you were in, say, week four or even week six? I am certainly not. Things are finally starting to shake out in the league this season and it looks like the Bills are back in the middle of the pack again. At some point, they have to live up to potential. And if they couldn't get that done against the Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Browns or even the Patriots this year, I'm guessing it's not happening against the Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Vikings, Broncos, or Cowboys.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hayward89 said:

C'mon, SackMan, are you really as confident in this team now as you were in, say, week four or even week six? I am certainly not. Things are finally starting to shake out in the league this season and it looks like the Bills are back in the middle of the pack again. At some point, they have to live up to potential. And if they couldn't get that done against the Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Browns or even the Patriots this year, I'm guessing it's not happening against the Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Vikings, Broncos, or Cowboys.  

No, this team has many holes to fill especially on offense but they are good enough to get some wins this year. I'm just trying to enjoy the wins we are getting like you say but I do recognize that the offense is a work in progress. Even if we get that Wild Card spot I expect them to be round 1 fodder but after almost 2 decades of total futility I'm trying to squeeze some joy out of these Sunday afternoons. You know what I mean? As for what I feel now, probably like this picture...

Miss Balbricker.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

No, this team has many holes to fill especially on offense but they are good enough to get some wins this year. I'm just trying to enjoy the wins we are getting like you say but I do recognize that the offense is a work in progress. Even if we get that Wild Card spot I expect them to be round 1 fodder but after almost 2 decades of total futility I'm trying to squeeze some joy out of these Sunday afternoons. You know what I mean? As for what I feel now, probably like this picture...

Miss Balbricker.jpg

Same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...