Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Trump's Fake Trade War Victims

‘I’m gonna lose everything’ (Full Story)
A farm family struggles to recover after rising debt pushes a husband to suicide

PLATTE, S.D. — Amber Dykshorn stood at her kitchen window and watched the storm come in.

It was a very dark Saturday night in the middle of the summer in the middle of a year that is on track to be the wettest in more than a century. The wind blew over the farm, the rain came down and she heard the ominous pings on her roof — pea-sized hail, striking the still-fragile stalks of the only corn her husband, Chris Dykshorn, was able to plant before he took his own life in June.

Did their crop insurance cover hail damage? She had no idea. That was something Chris would have taken care of, if he were here. Instead she was alone, with nearly $300,000 in farm debt, three kids ages 5 to 13 and a host of grief-fueled questions. Why hadn’t she been able to save him? What would happen to them now?

She scrolled through his final texts, rereading his words, leaning on the kitchen counter next to a whiteboard with the kids’ chore list — Kahne: dishwasher, Kalee: dust living room — and a book someone gave her titled “Through a Season of Grief: Devotions for Your Journey from Mourning to Joy.”

Chris had been despondent over the couple’s finances, crippled by surplus grain he couldn’t sell because of the trade war and flooded fields.

“I’m struggling so bad today. I don’t know what to do anymore,” he texted on May 31. “I seriously don’t know how we r gonna make it.”

On June 1: “I just want to sit in the house and cry.”

And then: “What am I supposed to do. I am failing and feel like I’m gonna lose everything I’ve worked for the past how many years.”

She was still asleep the morning of June 13 when he went to the utility room to get his gun.

In farm country, mental health experts say they’re seeing more suicides as families endure the worst period for U.S. agriculture in decades. Farm bankruptcies and loan delinquencies are rising, calamitous weather events are ruining crops, and profits are vanishing during Trump’s global trade disputes.

A 2017 study found that farm owners and workers were three to five times as likely to kill themselves on the job compared with other occupations. Researchers studying more recent data have not yet determined if farmer suicides are increasing, but leaders and social workers in rural America say that, anecdotally, they’re seeing more of these deaths. Calls to suicide hotlines around farm country have risen, prompting new federal and state programs targeting farmers’ mental health, including support groups, public awareness campaigns and funding for counseling.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

10 hours ago, DeRokerij said:

Aaaaand this is Trump's fault how?

I guess you missed where it said Trade War? Look, this guy is suicidal anyway and uses the tariffs as an excuse to kill himself, but the Tariffs are having a very adverse affect on Midwestern farmer and many are feeling pretty desperate. 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

The trade war was always going to be painful in the short term. It's the long term that we have to keep an eye on. Is it Trump's fault that these painful measures have to be taken for the greater good and long term health of our country or do you think it may be the generations of politicians who fucked us over?

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

The trade war was always going to be painful in the short term. It's the long term that we have to keep an eye on. Is it Trump's fault that these painful measures have to be taken for the greater good and long term health of our country or do you think it may be the generations of politicians who fucked us over?

China is not budging. The Trade War is affecting US, not them. Saying this is a short term pain to farmers is like me telling God I live life on MY time

Seek help. soflabillsfan

22 hours ago, HipKat said:

China is not budging. The Trade War is affecting US, not them. Saying this is a short term pain to farmers is like me telling God I live life on MY time

I don't know how you believe none of this has affected China, even MSM outlets are talking about what has happened on their end with currency manipulation and how this battle has branched out into global trading. Of course China is dug in because they stand to lose trillions as well as global power but in the end you can't screw with your biggest customer - the very customer who created you. They're taken a multipronged attack which also includes infiltrating American politics by funding think tanks one of which, the Brookings Institute, is a revenue source for Lawfare the firm hired by the Peach Mint House Democrats. Put 2 and 2 together on that.

As for US trade/aid policy over many decades essentially what we've had is the draining of US wealth and taxpayer dollars through lopsided trade deals and aid packages that essentially give us nothing in return. As a reward for such actions the big politicians involved get to appoint a proxy of their choosing to various board seats of multinational and foreign companies as payment. If Trump can succeed in this in spite of their bought off Swamp Creatures and get America back to a fair or dominant footing things will be much better in the future so I can't see how anyone can root against him here if they put their personal feelings aside.

US Trade Policy.jpg

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Because the banks don’t care about personal feelings or trade wars. When farmers can’t sell their grain, they have no money coming in. And don’t start on that farm subsidy bullshit because only corporate farms get it. Two years in a row now and they’re struggling financially, badly. In the meantime, China knows that within a year or five years at the most, Trump will be gone and they can wait him out.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

Because the banks don’t care about personal feelings or trade wars. When farmers can’t sell their grain, they have no money coming in. And don’t start on that farm subsidy bullshit because only corporate farms get it. Two years in a row now and they’re struggling financially, badly. In the meantime, China knows that within a year or five years at the most, Trump will be gone and they can wait him out.

That's where you're missing another part of the equation. The solution is not to rely on China to dump our grains it's to find new buyers and Trump has been working towards that. Behold last month's US-Japan trade agreement:

1.  LIBERALIZING MARKET ACCESS BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND JAPAN

• The United States and Japan have reached an agreement in which Japan will eliminate or lower tariffs for certain U.S. agricultural products.  For other agricultural goods, Japan will provide preferential U.S.-specific quotas.    
  • Once this agreement is implemented, over 90 percent of U.S. food and agricultural products imported into Japan will either be duty free or receive preferential tariff access. For example, under the agreement, Japan will:
  • Reduce tariffs on products such as fresh and frozen beef and pork.
  • Provide a country-specific quota for wheat and wheat products.
  • Reduce the mark-up on imported U.S. wheat and barley.
  • Immediately eliminate tariffs for almonds, walnuts, blueberries, cranberries, sweet corn, grain sorghum, broccoli, and more.
  • Provide staged tariff elimination for products such as cheeses, processed pork, poultry, beef offal, ethanol, wine, frozen potatoes, oranges, fresh cherries, egg products, and tomato paste

- Howard Beale, Network

12 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I don't know how you believe none of this has affected China, even MSM outlets are talking about what has happened on their end with currency manipulation and how this battle has branched out into global trading. Of course China is dug in because they stand to lose trillions as well as global power but in the end you can't screw with your biggest customer - the very customer who created you. They're taken a multipronged attack which also includes infiltrating American politics by funding think tanks one of which, the Brookings Institute, is a revenue source for Lawfare the firm hired by the Peach Mint House Democrats. Put 2 and 2 together on that.

As for US trade/aid policy over many decades essentially what we've had is the draining of US wealth and taxpayer dollars through lopsided trade deals and aid packages that essentially give us nothing in return. As a reward for such actions the big politicians involved get to appoint a proxy of their choosing to various board seats of multinational and foreign companies as payment. If Trump can succeed in this in spite of their bought off Swamp Creatures and get America back to a fair or dominant footing things will be much better in the future so I can't see how anyone can root against him here if they put their personal feelings aside.

US Trade Policy.jpg

Because it doesn’t meet his liberal agenda to blame Trump for everything and Trump can do no right.  Just ask his to tell you the things Trump is doing well.  He won’t be able to because of deep rooted hatred.  He can’t stand the fact that people with a different opinion then him are running this country.  Yet the conservatives are the ones called narrow minded, with hatred issues? 

8 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

Because it doesn’t meet his liberal agenda to blame Trump for everything and Trump can do no right.  Just ask his to tell you the things Trump is doing well.  He won’t be able to because of deep rooted hatred.  He can’t stand the fact that people with a different opinion then him are running this country.  Yet the conservatives are the ones called narrow minded, with hatred issues? 

First of all, you’re nothing but a fucking troll who’s been here for two weeks and every single post you’ve been attacking me so you have no credibility, suck my fat white dick.  As a matter of fact, since you’re so infatuated with me, I’ll be glad to send you a picture so you got something to fucking toss off to every night

@SackMan518 look, you’re reading articles online. I’m talking to the actual farmers every single day. I can only go by what they’re telling me.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

First of all, you’re nothing but a fucking troll who’s been here for two weeks and every single post you’ve been attacking me so you have no credibility, suck my fat white dick.  As a matter of fact, since you’re so infatuated with me, I’ll be glad to send you a picture so you got something to fucking toss off to every night

@SackMan518 look, you’re reading articles online. I’m talking to the actual farmers every single day. I can only go by what they’re telling me.

troll GIF

Don’t go and do like this farmer who could hack it and kill yourself.

Nice so you are threating to send dic pics.

Maybe you should start dating your dead brother's wife like coke head Hunter did. Totally normal right?

You lunatics have been banging the impeach drum since Maxine James Brown Wig Waters and the Caveman has hollered it since the day he was elected,

Senate will NEVER convict.

NEVER

EVER

EVER

Plastic face Pelosi is a joke.

She caved to the lunatic fringe of the Democrat party, which you seem to be a card carrying member.

Trump will win again

And you will have 5 more years of tears.

Bwahahaha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Coke head Hunter gets 80k per month being on the board of a corrupt Energy Co. with ZERO MOTHERFUCKING EXPERIENCE in the Ukraine or energy. ZERO. You cant dispute that because the coke head admitted it in an interview, experience in Ukraine...nope..experience in energy..nope...think you got the position because of your last name...yeah probably...he is as fucking retarded as his his hair sniffing father.

And then his fucking completely retarded father BRAGS ABOUT IT...on video

Pls tell me what part of this is not FACT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 minutes ago, DeRokerij said:

Coke head Hunter gets 80k per month being on the board of a corrupt Energy Co. with ZERO MOTHERFUCKING EXPERIENCE in the Ukraine or energy. ZERO. You cant dispute that because the coke head admitted it in an interview, experience in Ukraine...nope..experience in energy..nope...think you got the position because of your last name...yeah probably...he is as fucking retarded as his his hair sniffing father.

And then his fucking completely retarded father BRAGS ABOUT IT...on video

Pls tell me what part of this is not FACT

LOL.  Great stuff and all true.  End the witch hunt!!!

• Thanks 1

This whole thing is a joke, it was a disaster so far today if you actually paid attetion to it, and not watched Ronald Maddow or the other mob,

HE

WILL

NEVER 

BE

CONVICTED

IN

THE

SENATE

Pelosi made a HUGE mistake making SHTIFORBRAINS in charge of running this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, DeRokerij said:

This whole thing is a joke, it was a disaster so far today if you actually paid attetion to it, and not watched Ronald Maddow or the other mob,

HE

WILL

NEVER 

BE

CONVICTED

IN

THE

SENATE

Pelosi made a HUGE mistake making SHTIFORBRAINS in charge of running this

Got anger issues? Maybe you need anger management classes. You sound angry

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Pelosi wasn't going to do the impeachment until Paul Pelosi's name got thrown in the ring under these energy company scandals. Now she has to basically sacrifice her political career to save his ass.

- Howard Beale, Network