Sign in to follow this  
bortz

Q: What do you know "The curse of the Bills" to be?

I've heard this phrase talked about on various message boards and reasoning varies from 'wide right' to 'the day that Polian left' to 'the day Butler left'.

What do you know the curse to be and is there anything that substantiates those ideas?  Is there any way to undo the curse?

I don't know that it's a curse. It's not like the Bills traded away Babe Ruth and it came back to haunt them. It's more like a stigma.

I go back to "Wide Right" and just see a trend either started or revealed that this team does enough to get your hopes up, and then finds a way to dash those hopes to pieces... in the mud... in front of everyone... even that cute girl you were hoping to impress but now walks off with the Patriots thinking you're just a loser. Now all we have is the ever-elusive hope that we'll catch a break and see this team finally finish what it started in 1990... but it just never comes to fruition. It's like being stuck in the frigg'n Twilight Zone. 

It's only a curse in the figurative sense meaning, "it's a bad spot to be in." As far as undoing it? You have to turn a losing culture around--a culture that's been sinking roots deep for 18 years. That's no easy task. And now here we are with another glimmer of hope... just waiting to walk off and get in someone else's cooler car and drive off into the dream we've longed for since hope first showed up in 1988/89.

Not a curse. A Shakespearean tragedy. 

• Thanks 1

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

I'd say Small Market curse but I do remember Green Bay getting a couple of titles and they're not exactly big. So I'm gonna go with the Roger Goodell curse because his arrival seems to have been timed with increasing Buffalo Bills misfortunes. 🤣

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

I've heard all kinds of stories over the years.  As mentioned, there is the sacred ground that the stadium is built on top of.  Supposedly there is also an early 1800s era grave yard near the parking lot that may have been disturbed due to an expansion of the lot.  Then of course there was the Music City Miracle which invoked the Flutie Curse following the game when the team was dismantled.  They're all interesting stories but I really don't think there is a curse, I just think this organization has sucked horribly over the years and people have grasped at straws trying to find a cause for the sucktitude.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

The curse of Buffalo Bill Cody.  He was who the Bills were named after.  When we switched from Buffalo Bill to the Buffalo as our mascot the curse was born.  Until we embrace Buffalo Bill again the curse will remain.

image.jpeg.b2c1fc7e1c37c292eab316dabecf4dcf.jpeg

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

I'd say Small Market curse but I do remember Green Bay getting a couple of titles and they're not exactly big. So I'm gonna go with the Roger Goodell curse because his arrival seems to have been timed with increasing Buffalo Bills misfortunes. 🤣

GB is original  nfl. They have seniority. 

Roger doesn't do crap. He's a mouthpiece  for the owners. He's Robert  Duval in Godfather lol.

Small market.. no.. cluttered market. 

Multiple  teams/sports in the region. Don't need bills to win. 

I'm awaiting the upcoming New England curse where they can journey into futility for the next couple of decades.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

32 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I'm awaiting the upcoming New England curse where they can journey into futility for the next couple of decades.

Thats not a curse. It's simply  obligation.  They are mimicking the Browns of the 40s  through 60s. 

Notice how each decade, one team usually  win 3 SBs. They are then just expected to lay down a long time afterwards. 

Belichick coached the Browns before he coached Pats. That was what allowed this.

The bills have sucked for the entirety of their existence in the NFL except for the Polian era.  Everything else is total shit. 44 out of 50 years they have been hot garbage.  Stop acting like them sucking isnt their role in the league.

• Thanks 2

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

two time AFL champs

one win away from going to the first superbowl

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

two time AFL champs

No Meat, hot garbage, the football and political genius 212frawk has spoken.

7 hours ago, Meathead said:

two time AFL champs

I said NFL existence.

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

It was the Flutie curse when they benched him for Rob Johnson and started the drought. However that ended so I am not sure if we're still cursed. We're poised to make the playoffs again and have a pretty bright future, at least at the moment.