drpepper

Jon Gruden is making a case for coach of the year

If the NFL coach of the year award went to the best coach in the NFL, Bill Belichick would win it every year. But the prize is determined, as a practical matter, by the extent to which a coach pushes him team over and above its loose, general expectations when the season began. When the [more]

View the full article

30 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

How about Sean McDermott? Who expected Buffalo to be 6-2 at the halfway point of the season?

Many of us did.  Only the pessimists thought we'd be a losing team.  Here's what I wrote before the season to someone who asked how anyone could see 10 wins, I even bet them to be this good:  

Some people don't like him but Ive always been a Chucky fan. He and the Raiders could really spoil the Bills season if they slip up.

Maybe the NFL wants the Pats- Raiders with Chucky playoff rematch at Foxbooro- then the 49ers Qb understudy beats the Pats in the SB.

-

3 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

How about Sean McDermott? Who expected Buffalo to be 6-2 at the halfway point of the season?

McD has beaten the very worst teams in the NFL and lost to the only 2 winning teams we have played.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

McD has beaten the very worst teams in the NFL and lost to the only 2 winning teams we have played.

The eagles were not a winning team when we played them.

The Jets were also supposed to be good when we played them.  They were uNdefeated at the time and had lots of hype.

You can only play who you are scheduled against.  Let’s have this discussion in about 6 weeks.  We will have a much better picture where everyone sits.  We are all a little nervous that an implosion is coming.  Our O needs to show up for 4qtrs for sure.  But if you asked at the start of the year where I thought our loses might come from, NE (shocker, I know) and PHI would be two.  But I also expected a split with the Jets and had no idea Cincy would stink so bad.

If we lose to Denver and Pit with backup QBs, then I would really worry.  If Bal beats us, I get it...but I have no reason to believe that it is a guaranteed loss.  I also thought CLE was going to be hard, I still do.....they could click at any time.  Dal in Dal on turkey day...tough.  

Im disappointed with 9-7, but 10-6 or better....with the playoffs... is awesome.

5 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

The Jets were also supposed to be good when we played them.  They were uNdefeated at the time and had lots of hype.

You can only play who you are scheduled against.  Let’s have this discussion in about 6 weeks.  We will have a much better picture where everyone sits.  We are all a little nervous that an implosion is coming.  Our O needs to show up for 4qtrs for sure.  But if you asked at the start of the year where I thought our loses might come from, NE (shocker, I know) and PHI would be two.  But I also expected a split with the Jets and had no idea Cincy would stink so bad.

If we lose to Denver and Pit with backup QBs, then I would really worry.  If Bal beats us, I get it...but I have no reason to believe that it is a guaranteed loss.  I also thought CLE was going to be hard, I still do.....they could click at any time.  Dal in Dal on turkey day...tough.  

Im disappointed with 9-7, but 10-6 or better....with the playoffs... is awesome.

Lmao.

Yes, the 0-0 Jets were undefeated.