Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Giuliani: Ukraine quid pro quo intended to benefit Trump personally

After the White House released the transcript of the July 25 call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Trump had a defense. He could argue that his mention of the $400 million aid package for Ukraine, and his suggestion that Ukraine investigate Joe and Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings, did not make the former contingent on the latter.

But Ambassador William Taylor's opening statement to the impeachment proceedings indicated that the aid was indeed being made conditional upon the announcement of an investigation. And so Trump's best defense at that point was that they were only linked insofar as Trump cared about investigating Ukrainian corruption, including Biden.

Then, after the House Intelligence Committee released Ambassador Gordon Sondland's addendum to his testimony yesterday, Trump's best defense was to claim that Sondland went rogue when he specifically demanded a "statement" committing to a Biden investigation rather than just an investigation.

At every point, the core argument Trump has needed to make is that presidents initiate quid pro quos all the time, not for their personal political interests, but for that of the people they're elected to serve.

But Rudy Giuliani might have just blown up whatever remains of that defense.

Here, the president's personal attorney has conceded that he used formal diplomatic channels and the powers of the Oval Office to prioritize Trump's personal gain over that of the people.

Trump's only option at this point is to throw Giuliani and his back-channel under the bus.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/giuliani-ukraine-quid-pro-quo-intended-to-benefit-trump-personally

drip

• Like 1

That's not even close to what Guliani actually said.  For fuck sake, just read.

The investigation I conducted concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption, was done solely as a defense attorney to defend my client against false charges, that kept changing as one after another were disproven.

thats what they got out of this? lol

10 minutes ago, DC2007 said:

That's not even close to what Guliani actually said.  For fuck sake, just read.

You need to come out of your bubble, dude. That is exactly what he said. It’s a direct tweet that he made. Those are his words. Stop making yourself look foolish

22 minutes ago, HipKat said:

You need to come out of your bubble, dude. That is exactly what he said. It’s a direct tweet that he made. Those are his words. Stop making yourself look foolish

Can you post the tweet? Because the tweet I posted from the article does not say that at all 

4 hours ago, Meathead said:

After the White House released the transcript of the July 25 call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Trump had a defense. He could argue that his mention of the $400 million aid package for Ukraine, and his suggestion that Ukraine investigate Joe and Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings, did not make the former contingent on the latter.

But Ambassador William Taylor's opening statement to the impeachment proceedings indicated that the aid was indeed being made conditional upon the announcement of an investigation. And so Trump's best defense at that point was that they were only linked insofar as Trump cared about investigating Ukrainian corruption, including Biden.

Then, after the House Intelligence Committee released Ambassador Gordon Sondland's addendum to his testimony yesterday, Trump's best defense was to claim that Sondland went rogue when he specifically demanded a "statement" committing to a Biden investigation rather than just an investigation.

At every point, the core argument Trump has needed to make is that presidents initiate quid pro quos all the time, not for their personal political interests, but for that of the people they're elected to serve.

But Rudy Giuliani might have just blown up whatever remains of that defense.

Here, the president's personal attorney has conceded that he used formal diplomatic channels and the powers of the Oval Office to prioritize Trump's personal gain over that of the people.

Trump's only option at this point is to throw Giuliani and his back-channel under the bus.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/giuliani-ukraine-quid-pro-quo-intended-to-benefit-trump-personally

drip

Yawn.  Does this bullshit ever end?  Libs are pathetic.

15 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Yawn.  Does this bullshit ever end?  Libs are pathetic.

Duhhhhhhhhhhoooook Hud

25 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Can you post the tweet? Because the tweet I posted from the article does not say that at all 

Maybe you should actually read the tweet again. And BTW, nothing was just proven. In fact, just the opposite 

13 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Maybe you should actually read the tweet again. And BTW, nothing was just proven. In fact, just the opposite 

lol ok.... 

All I know is here is a list of passengers that went to Epstein island over the years. Yes, It would be in the best interest of the party’s involved to impeach trump over a stupid phone call. Don’t know the accuracy of this list but man if it’s true. You will see what high crimes actually look like. 

Please explain to me how in a poor teacher Epstein became almost a billionaire? The truth is coming soon. Much much worse than just the Biden situation. 

BF8C72C5-1BD9-49CA-97B9-01177AD8952F.png

i guess you gotta be able to compute 2+2 to be able to understand whats going on here

@RudyGiuliani
The investigation I conducted concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption, was done solely as a defense attorney to defend my client against false charges, that kept changing as one after another were disproven.
3:43 PM - Nov 6, 2019

what is the general issue of contention? that trump used the power of the presidency to bribe/blackmail a foreign entity to investigate a political rival and manipulate the election - a massively dangerous activity that is a federal crime for good reason

what did rudi do? he used the resources and power of the presidency (as his acting council) to personally travel to ukraine and conduct his own investigation - trying to find dirt on the bidens and ways to excuse the behavior of his client, while continuing to threaten and pressure a foreign gubmint to investigate a political rival

from the article:

"For a personal attorney to use congressionally approved aid to advance a president's personal interests over national interests is unconscionable. If Trump signed off on that, then yes, it's clearly an impeachable abuse of power that proves he's willing to illicitly interfere with the 2020 election."

2+2. i realize maff is hard for magats but read slowly and concentrate

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

All I know is here is a list of passengers that went to Epstein island over the years. Yes, It would be in the best interest of the party’s involved to impeach trump over a stupid phone call. Don’t know the accuracy of this list but man if it’s true. You will see what high crimes actually look like. 

Please explain to me how in a poor teacher Epstein became almost a billionaire? The truth is coming soon. Much worse than just the Biden situation. 

Hmmmmm.  At first glance I only see big libs on that list.  Did I miss the arch conservatives???  LOL

4 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i guess you gotta be able to compute 2+2 to be able to understand whats going on here

@RudyGiuliani
3:43 PM - Nov 6, 2019

what is the general issue of contention? that trump used the power of the presidency to bribe/blackmail a foreign entity to investigate a political rival and manipulate the election - a massively dangerous activity that is a federal crime for good reason

what did rudi do? he used the resources and power of the presidency (as his acting council) to personally travel to ukraine and conduct his own investigation - trying to find dirt on the bidens and ways to excuse the behavior of his client, while continuing to threaten and pressure a foreign gubmint to investigate a political rival

from the article:

"For a personal attorney to use congressionally approved aid to advance a president's personal interests over national interests is unconscionable. If Trump signed off on that, then yes, it's clearly an impeachable abuse of power that proves he's willing to illicitly interfere with the 2020 election."

2+2. i realize maff is hard for magats but read slowly and concentrate

God this is making me sleepy.  LOL

8 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Hmmmmm.  At first glance I only see big libs on that list.  Did I miss the arch conservatives???  LOL

I think we knew Bill Clinton, Charlie Sheen, Kevin Spacey and Demi Moore’s would make the list. I’m just gonna say those were confirmed passengers! Lol 

8 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

I think we knew Bill Clinton, Charlie Sheen, Kevin Spacey and Demi Moore’s would make the list. I’m just gonna say those were confirmed passengers! Lol 

My only disappointment is seeing Quentin Tarantino on there.  More power to the rest of them.  LOL

15 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

My only disappointment is seeing Quentin Tarantino on there.  More power to the rest of them.  LOL

Ya he’s a piece of shit though. He’s a total dick in his interviews. The one I was disappointed for was Bill Murray

22 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

Ya he’s a piece of shit though. He’s a total dick in his interviews. The one I was disappointed for was Bill Murray

Oh, him too.  Yes.

5 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

Please explain to me how in a poor teacher Epstein became almost a billionaire? The truth is coming soon. Much much worse than just the Biden situation. 

What the fuck are you talking about? What the fuck does Jeffrey Epstein have to do with the Ukraine? My God, you dumb motherfuckers will do anything you can to try to deflect away from the fact that your president is a fucking criminal

Ah yes, the good old Washington Examiner stretching the facts beyond recognition once again.

worlds-smallest-stretch-armstrong.jpg

4 hours ago, HipKat said:

What the fuck are you talking about? What the fuck does Jeffrey Epstein have to do with the Ukraine? My God, you dumb motherfuckers will do anything you can to try to deflect away from the fact that your president is a fucking criminal

Why u so angry, bro? Lol Jesus get a grip. 

28 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

Why u so angry, bro? Lol Jesus get a grip. 

Takes this stuff way too seriously.  I fear for his health..........

2 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Takes this stuff way too seriously.  I fear for his health..........

My health is stellar, don't stress yourself over it and yes, I take the total perversion of our Government seriously.