Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Speaking of Wasting Tax Payer ....

Repubs are so concerned with how Tax money is spent, when will they say something about this charade?

Get ready to be overturned in Jesus' name, witches; Trump's spiritual adviser is coming for you

Back in my (now fondly remembered) D&D days, I liked to play as a magic user. I was something with a magic missile, I tells ya. I also had a +3 cloak of invisibility, but it only worked against girls. And it was an item I owned in real life, not in the game. I got it at Burlington Coat Factory and it was perdurably redolent of Mountain Dew and off-brand cheese popcorn. Because, you know, D&D.

I was still a Catholic back then and, boy oh boy, was it ever easy for me not to fornicate. I aced that commandment until well into my college years.

So I was, shall I say, disturbed upon hearing Trump spiritual adviser and newly minted White House employee Paula White’s recent prayer for the pr*sident. Because, you know, she railed against witchcraft and sorcery, which was at one time my fantasy bailiwick. And her invocation made me recall, not so fondly, the anti-D&D scare of the ‘80s, which reached the height of silliness with the Tom Hanks (!) movie/jeremiad Mazes & Monsters

The same brand of hysteria was later recycled when the Harry Potter series became a huge hit, but by that time I’d fully surrendered to my diabolical nature so I wasn’t nearly as interested in fighting the good fight.

But White’s recent benediction brought it all back for me.

On Tuesday, she gave a solemn prayer for Donald Trump while surrounded by other evangelical leaders, and she basically declared from her lofty White House pulpit that if you’re against Trump you’re in league with Satan. For this kind of rhetoric she was given a government job leading Trump’s Faith and Opportunity Initiative.

"Lord, we ask you to deliver our president from any snare, any setup of the enemy, according to Ephesians 6:12. Any persons [or] entities that are aligned against the president will be exposed and dealt with and overturned by the superior blood of Jesus," she said during her prayer in a conference call with other Christian leaders.

"Whether it's the spirit of Leviathan, a spirit of Jezebel, Abaddon, whether it's the spirit of Belial, we come against the strongmen, especially Jezebel, that which would operate in sorcery and witchcraft, that which would operate in hidden things, veiled things, that which would operate in deception," she continued. "We come against it according to your word."

Okay, Paula. Sure. I mean, I don’t think I really need to call on infernal intercession to correctly point out that Donald Trump is a squishy, amoral wad of id, but whatever. If you want to call it sorcery, knock yourself out.

White's prayer continued by saying that anyone who stands against Trump "would be exposed and dealt with and overturned in Jesus' name." She said that believers know that Trump and his Christian supporters "do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this age, hosts of wickedness in heavenly places."

White went on: "Stretch out your arm and deliver President Trump and rid him of any bondage the enemy would try to bring against him."

Okay, so remember that. If you don’t support Trump, you are the devil. Full stop. That’s precisely the kind of Manichaean worldview that gets you on the White House payroll these days.

Of course, it’s worth noting that this woman is nearly as big a fraud as Trump. She subscribes to the “prosperity gospel” theory, which essentially holds that rich people are rich because Jesus has found favor in them. Her “preaching” often takes the form of asking (or, more accurately, telling) people who may be struggling to make ends meet to send her gobs of money. If they do, this “seed” will blossom into a big abundant soybean field full of financial blessings.  

The following bullshit is actually from her website, PaulaWhite.org:

As you remember the Lord your God, according to Deuteronomy 8:18, through your first fruits offering, He gives you the power to acquire wealth to establish His covenant. Each January, I put God first and honor Him with the first of our substance by sowing a significant first fruits offering. It is a big sacrifice, but it is a seed for the harvest I am believing for in the coming year. And God always provides! I am simply telling you how I have done in my personal life!

And then the kicker:

I want to bless you this season when you give your very best First Fruits Offering! With your best first fruits seed today of ANY SIZE, I will rush to you my powerfully prophetic and anointed new 2 disc-msg series,“The Law of First Fruits” on CD and DVD!

When you sow a First Fruits Offering of $75 or more, I will also rush to you my book, “First Things First.” This book is an in-depth study of what God has to say about prioritizing Him and His Principle of First Fruits and what it means for you TODAY. Not only will I send the book, I will also send you my First Fruits Devotional I wrote to help you put God first every day!

In other words, her followers are idiots who are absurdly easy to fool and fleece. So of course she’s Trump’s spiritual adviser. Who else could be?

And, hey, my D&D playing basically came to nothing because I wasn’t using my sorcerer’s skills to steal from people. I had some fun, didn't hurt anyone, and never tried to dupe poor people into becoming poorer so I could be rich.

But Jesus is still going to smite me for mocking The Chosen One, apparently.

Who am I to argue, though? After all, I’m a sorcerer.

• Like 1

i love the word bailiwick, i hardly see it used anymore.

What ever happened to separation of church and state.  These preachers are the most anti-christian people in the world, working under the guise of being someone who is ultra-christian.  It's widely known that Trump loves to pander to the religious folk, meanwhile he probably couldn't recite the Our Father with even 90% accuracy lmao

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

It's a damned good thing there are no kooks or bad people on the left.  It's the right wingers every single time.  Uncanny.  LOL

Maybe so. But anyone that would utter that kind of flap doodle is either batshit insane or a fucking fraud. Especially if she’s one of those SUPERFRAUDS like Creflo Dollar. They can smell a gullible sap from a mile away. And, why do personal spiritual advisors make news? Who gives a rats ass what they think? Are they likened to Rasputin or something? Do we think they’ll have some sway in what the president will do? Trumps gonna trump no matter what she thinks or says.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

It's a damned good thing there are no kooks or bad people on the left.  It's the right wingers every single time.  Uncanny.  LOL

YOUR tax dollars are paying her salary, Hud. Take some time, think that over and let us know when you figure it out