Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

Is Anyone Else Tiring of the Lamar Jackson Hype? *****

3 hours ago, Meathead said:

funny how we go thru this every few years and never learn the pattern always repeats itself

some running qb comes out and is winning games left and right. his ability to avoid the rush gives his a higher than natural compl% bc hes hitting outlets and free running receivers

but we know from all of football history, its not a question of if this qb will get a leg injury limiting their mobility, its when. sooner or later somebody is going to roll up on his leg, a tackle twists his ankle, a side shot blows out a knee. the more often they run, the high probability each game has of taking that away and forcing them to play from the pocket

balt is letting his run all over the place. its surely a dangerous strategy. i prefer what opie is doing and lowering allens run percentage and making his play quarterback more traditionally

Difference is he is not taking big hits and he is not fumbling like Allen everytime he is touched.  Allen is running less and has around the same passing yards.  Allen has also missed more games while Jackson hasn't missed one game.  So what is our advantage again?

2 minutes ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

Difference is he is not taking big hits and he is not fumbling like Allen everytime he is touched.  Allen is running less and has around the same passing yards.  Allen has also missed more games while Jackson hasn't missed one game.  So what is our advantage again?

Allen is more articulate.  LOL

13 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

So he beat the Greatest gamer of all time Belecheck and you fools don't think he is the truth.  Do you not think the greatest defensive mind in history with one of the best defenses ever put together didn't make him play QB? But yet you want to keep giving Allen excuses for his dismal play.  Lamar was the best QB in the 2018 draft by far.  He actually hits his deep balls and is fairly accurate.  Oh and his record is crazy good....

Alex Smith slapped the shit out of the Patriots a couple years back.  How'd that work out?

One game regular season, even 1-2 seasons doesn't make a QB a legend.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Beef said:

Alex Smith slapped the shit out of the Patriots a couple years back.  How'd that work out?

One game regular season, even 1-2 seasons doesn't make a QB a legend.

Exactly. We beat the Pats once with Fitz. So I guess that makes him a baller too. 

2 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

First of all, I never mentioned Josh Allen. Please don't add stuff to what I say as if I said them

Secondly, just wait. It always happens. 100% of the time. Never in the history of the modern NFL has a quarterback who relied heavily on running ever been able to maintain that as a consistent weapon

Never. Not once. Zero

Plenty of guys have selectively used running at Key moments or when it was wide open, but when running is about 15% of your passing yards then you are running too much and putting yourself in too much Danger. It is absolutely inevitable that you will get hurt and you will no longer have the ability to run like you used to, forcing you to change the basis of your entire success up to that point

That's when most of these running quarterbacks fail. Michael Vick. Steve Young. RG3. The list goes on and on and on. Their running ability takes the league by storm for 2 to 3 years, then bam comes the eventual injury, and that's it for them being a consistent threat running. Then they try to convert to a passing quarterback, but that most usually fails

14 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

So he beat the Greatest gamer of all time Belecheck and you fools don't think he is the truth.  Do you not think the greatest defensive mind in history with one of the best defenses ever put together didn't make him play QB? But yet you want to keep giving Allen excuses for his dismal play.  Lamar was the best QB in the 2018 draft by far.  He actually hits his deep balls and is fairly accurate.  Oh and his record is crazy good....

Are you, by chance, African American?  Just curious.

5 hours ago, Meathead said:

funny how we go thru this every few years and never learn the pattern always repeats itself

some running qb comes out and is winning games left and right. his ability to avoid the rush gives his a higher than natural compl% bc hes hitting outlets and free running receivers

but we know from all of football history, its not a question of if this qb will get a leg injury limiting their mobility, its when. sooner or later somebody is going to roll up on his leg, a tackle twists his ankle, a side shot blows out a knee. the more often they run, the high probability each game has of taking that away and forcing them to play from the pocket

balt is letting his run all over the place. its surely a dangerous strategy. i prefer what opie is doing and lowering allens run percentage and making his play quarterback more traditionally

Me too Meat.  Better long term plan.

2 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

Allen's injury last year was pretty much a fluke.

• Like 1

Lol the pundits are putting him in the MVP talk. Shit has gotten out of control. He's not nearly as good as Vick at throwing the ball and runs just like him. We've seen this exact style of play before. It produces good results for awhile then hits a wall. They are blowing him right now because of all the predraft "he should be a wide reciever etc." Lame. 

5 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

Lamar Jackson is a better athlete than Josh Allen, it is estimated Jackson has 4.3 40 speed, so it would be unfair to compare Allen to Jackson.

Jackson is comparable to Vick in terms of athleticism.

Allen is comparable to John Elway/Aaron Rogers in terms of athleticism.

Alot of Allen's yardage last year was when the field was spread out by Buffalo having 4 or 5 WR sets and Allen taking off running if his WR's weren't open. Allen is a good dual threat QB but he doesn't have the elite quick twitch athleticism and speed of Jackson.

Allen can still contribute as a running QB from time to time and I'm not worried about his fumbles as he had some fluky turnovers the last couple of weeks but for the most part of his career has had good ball security.

2 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Lamar Jackson is a better athlete than Josh Allen, it is estimated Jackson has 4.3 40 speed, so it would be unfair to compare Allen to Jackson.

Jackson is comparable to Vick in terms of athleticism.

Allen is comparable to John Elway/Aaron Rogers in terms of athleticism.

Alot of Allen's yardage last year was when the field was spread out by Buffalo having 4 or 5 WR sets and Allen taking off running if his WR's weren't open. Allen is a good dual threat QB but he doesn't have the elite quick twitch athleticism and speed of Jackson.

Allen can still contribute as a running QB from time to time and I'm not worried about his fumbles as he had some fluky turnovers the last couple of weeks but for the most part of his career has had good ball security.

I could care less about the speed Insaid Jackson sina better QB than Allen and if we would have drafted him we would be a better team.

5 hours ago, Meathead said:

First of all, I never mentioned Josh Allen. Please don't add stuff to what I say as if I said them

Secondly, just wait. It always happens. 100% of the time. Never in the history of the modern NFL has a quarterback who relied heavily on running ever been able to maintain that as a consistent weapon

Never. Not once. Zero

Plenty of guys have selectively used running at Key moments or when it was wide open, but when running is about 15% of your passing yards then you are running too much and putting yourself in too much Danger. It is absolutely inevitable that you will get hurt and you will no longer have the ability to run like you used to, forcing you to change the basis of your entire success up to that point

That's when most of these running quarterbacks fail. Michael Vick. Steve Young. RG3. The list goes on and on and on. Their running ability takes the league by storm for 2 to 3 years, then bam comes the eventual injury, and that's it for them being a consistent threat running. Then they try to convert to a passing quarterback, but that most usually fails

Are you drinking Meat these are your words and I quote " i prefer what opie is doing and lowering allens run percentage and making his play quarterback more traditionally"

THAT IS YOU MENTIONING ALLEN...

7 minutes ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

I could care less about the speed Insaid Jackson sina better QB than Allen and if we would have drafted him we would be a better team.

Oh bullshit.  Are you black, by the way?