Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

Is Anyone Else Tiring of the Lamar Jackson Hype? *****

I sure am.  It's non-stop.  Some in the press and elsewhere are just falling all over themselves.  He is exciting and hard to corral, I'll give him that.  The question is how long can this last?  A long time?  An injury waiting to happen?  NFL defenses seem to catch up to everything eventually.  Will that also be the case here? How much of this is race related?  Seriously.  I guess we'll all find out about Lamar in the long run.

• Thanks 2

Jackson IS the shiny new toy, but outside of RPO, he doesn't actually offer much at the qb position.  He's an elite athlete but mediocre at best qb.  Roman has designed a system perfect for Jacksons prowess.  I doubt he can keep up the facade much longer.   He is 1 hit away in thus style.  It's not a matter of if, but rather when humpty dumpty takes his tumble.

As opposed to all the other hype? He's just one piece of a hype train pie.

The nfl.is American religion for the Homer Simpson couch  potatoes  of the world. At least  he isn't the 20 year Brady hype lol  

Doing a lot of the same shit Kaep, Vick and RG3 did.

Dude is a baller but they hype is funny.  We've literally seen this before.

• Like 2

The hype doesn't bother me.  Two or three seasons from now Lamar will be forgotten.  Let the Ravens and their fans bask in their glory for a bit.  :niterider:

• Like 1

I haven’t been around any sports media outlet all week...so I haven’t heard or seen shit...and thank god. 

He’ll get wrecked. Shit, he got drilled in the New England game pretty badly. A few more of those he won’t make it to the Bills game. 

I don’t know why defenses just look at the game tape of when he played Miss St in his last bowl game. A top 5 defense in the country at the time. They forced him to play qb...and he counldnt do it. He was fucking awful. Something like 3 pics. Balls thrown at dudes feet. Balls thrown 10 feet over heads. It was laughable. 

47 minutes ago, The Beef said:

Doing a lot of the same shit Kaep, Vick and RG3 did.

Dude is a baller but they hype is funny.  We've literally seen this before.

49er went to a SB with Kaep.  Would you trade a two or three year SB run for a first round pick, and than start over? I would!

28 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I haven’t been around any sports media outlet all week...so I haven’t heard or seen shit...and thank god. 

He’ll get wrecked. Shit, he got drilled in the New England game pretty badly. A few more of those he won’t make it to the Bills game. 

I don’t know why defenses just look at the game tape of when he played Miss St in his last bowl game. A top 5 defense in the country at the time. They forced him to play qb...and he counldnt do it. He was fucking awful. Something like 3 pics. Balls thrown at dudes feet. Balls thrown 10 feet over heads. It was laughable. 

I'd forgotten about that bowl game.  He was terrible in that game.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

49er went to a SB with Kaep.  Would you trade a two or three year SB run for a first round pick, and than start over? I would!

Kaep lost that Super Bowl.  LOL.  Will never see another one.

27 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

I never said Kaep, Vick and RG3 were trash at their peaks.

RG3 had an All Time season his rookie year.  Wasn't Vick like the first QB to win in Lambeau in the Playoffs?

However, eventually, the book has always come out on guys like this, that are so run reliant.

Even Tebow won a playoff game and got hot for half a season.

Running QB's like these guys remind of Barry Sanders.  Barry was fucking electric.  However whenever the Lions actually got to the playoffs, he spent most of those games getting shut the fuck down.

Barry went off in his 2nd playoff game, 27 carries for 169 in a loss to the Packers.  His next/final 3 games:

13 for -1, 10 for 40 and 18 for 65.

Its beer than hearing about the goat

His passing stats aren't that much better than Allen's. He's been pretty average outside of the Dolphins game week 1.

It's just the running where he stands out. But how sustainable is that, even for a guy as athletic as him?

Yes. Very tired of it. Specially when they choke on his ball sack with stuff like .... "He's changing the game", "he's revolutionizing the position" 

No. No he's not. We've seen this before. Its a lot of fun, very spectacular. But its a fad. He'll be figured out/hurt/minimized or all of it.  

Dion Sanders is the worst of them all. I'm convinced he would blow Jackson to death if given the opportunity. 

2 hours ago, The Beef said:

I never said Kaep, Vick and RG3 were trash at their peaks.

RG3 had an All Time season his rookie year.  Wasn't Vick like the first QB to win in Lambeau in the Playoffs?

However, eventually, the book has always come out on guys like this, that are so run reliant.

Even Tebow won a playoff game and got hot for half a season.

Running QB's like these guys remind of Barry Sanders.  Barry was fucking electric.  However whenever the Lions actually got to the playoffs, he spent most of those games getting shut the fuck down.

Barry went off in his 2nd playoff game, 27 carries for 169 in a loss to the Packers.  His next/final 3 games:

13 for -1, 10 for 40 and 18 for 65.

Vick..

Undaunted by the storied stadium where his own coach lost in the "Ice Bowl" 35 years ago, Vick made history of his own Saturday night. The 22-year-old improvisational genius led the Atlanta Falcons to a shocking 27-7 upset of the Packers in a wild-card playoff before a record crowd of 65,358 stunned souls.Jan 5, 2003

1 hour ago, Victor7 said:

Yes. Very tired of it. Specially when they choke on his ball sack with stuff like .... "He's changing the game", "he's revolutionizing the position" 

No. No he's not. We've seen this before. Its a lot of fun, very spectacular. But its a fad. He'll be figured out/hurt/minimized or all of it.  

Dion Sanders is the worst of them all. I'm convinced he would blow Jackson to death if given the opportunity. 

You just made me laugh out loud.  Funny stuff indeed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

That would be ideal.  RGIII would be an easy day for the defense.  :niterider:

At some point he will be forced to pass and the run will be taken away and his time will be up.

But for now they hype is warranted.  They smoked the Pats and are 6-2.  

As for things i am literally tired of is literally how many people use the word literally even if it's literally being used literally wrong all the literal time.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

At some point he will be forced to pass and the run will be taken away and his time will be up.

As for things i am literally tired of is literally how many people use the word literally even if it's literally being used literally wrong all the literal time.

Another example  of why people can be referred  to as sheep/cattle.

Just copy each other  like idiots 

So he beat the Greatest gamer of all time Belecheck and you fools don't think he is the truth.  Do you not think the greatest defensive mind in history with one of the best defenses ever put together didn't make him play QB? But yet you want to keep giving Allen excuses for his dismal play.  Lamar was the best QB in the 2018 draft by far.  He actually hits his deep balls and is fairly accurate.  Oh and his record is crazy good....

7 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

283D2C5B-7DC5-45A6-B3A9-08A50065FBF0.jpeg

8 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

So he beat the Greatest gamer of all time Belecheck and you fools don't think he is the truth.  Do you not think the greatest defensive mind in history with one of the best defenses ever put together didn't make him play QB? But yet you want to keep giving Allen excuses for his dismal play.  Lamar was the best QB in the 2018 draft by far.  He actually hits his deep balls and is fairly accurate.  Oh and his record is crazy good....

Yeah sure whatever you say...puke...

8 hours ago, BillsfanincharlotteIsBack said:

Right now, how could anyone argue that?  They all suck, he's just making a lot more happen.

funny how we go thru this every few years and never learn the pattern always repeats itself

some running qb comes out and is winning games left and right. his ability to avoid the rush gives his a higher than natural compl% bc hes hitting outlets and free running receivers

but we know from all of football history, its not a question of if this qb will get a leg injury limiting their mobility, its when. sooner or later somebody is going to roll up on his leg, a tackle twists his ankle, a side shot blows out a knee. the more often they run, the high probability each game has of taking that away and forcing them to play from the pocket

balt is letting his run all over the place. its surely a dangerous strategy. i prefer what opie is doing and lowering allens run percentage and making his play quarterback more traditionally