Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

Wouldn’t Have Been Nice To Have This Guy....

Instead of Ed Oliver? 

Yup. Ya know. We wanted to recreate the 85 Bears D and pick a guy we literally DID NOT NEED. 

Im sure this guy would have been a much better option...and a better option than fucking Dawson Knox. 

But ya know...best player available! LOL

• Disagree 1

Fant struggled early this season, and is not a blocker. He has problems with drops.

We got someone who can block, has a similar athletic profile, and also has trouble with drops in the 3rd round.

I

20 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Fant struggled early this season, and is not a blocker. He has problems with drops.

We got someone who can block, has a similar athletic profile, and also has trouble with drops in the 3rd round.

I

Almost all rookie TE's struggle, always.

We wouldn't have been picking Fant to be Lee Smith, you draft him for shit like this.

There aren't many TE's making 75 yard house calls off a 15 yard drag over the middle.

He was the best playmaker I've ever seen at Iowa.  Tim Dwight was electric in the return game, Tavian Banks had s hell if a year back in the day but Fants athletic ability is off the charts.  He's the type of guy that always ends up at Oklahoma or Notre Dame.

• Thanks 2

Wouldn't or would ??

Just busting your balls man.

The Buffalo Bills have been ignoring the TE position for close to 20 years. I don't see how Fant would've made a difference. Its embedded in our DNA. 

12 minutes ago, The Beef said:

Almost all rookie TE's struggle, always.

We wouldn't have been picking Fant to be Lee Smith, you draft him for shit like this.

There aren't many TE's making 75 yard house calls off a 15 yard drag over the middle.

He was the best playmaker I've ever seen at Iowa.  Tim Dwight was electric in the return game, Tavian Banks had s hell if a year back in the day but Fants athletic ability is off the charts.  He's the type of guy that always ends up at Oklahoma or Notre Dame.

I'm saying we took Knox, a comparable player at this point in the 3rd round. 

1 minute ago, Victor7 said:

Wouldn't or would ??

The Buffalo Bills have been ignoring the TE position for close to 20 years. I don't see how Fant would've made a difference. Its embedded in our DNA. 

I think we would've picked Hockenson if he slipped.

I heard McDermott a few weeks back talking about culture, said Iowa has a great culture.  Likely admires Ferentz ability to not adapt his offensive strategy in 20 years.  Honestly though the strength and conditioning is second to none.  Tons of 2 and 3 star recruits that they've turned into NFL players, especially the last 10 years or so.

• Like 1

Just now, f8ta1ity54 said:

I'm saying we took Knox, a comparable player at this point in the 3rd round. 

Knox is nice but they aren't comparable.  Knox is a physical freak with little polish.

Fant is a modern day nightmare with a track record of being a touchdown maker.

I like Knox a lot, but I was pining hard for us to move back into the 1st round for Fant.

Fant has been bad this year.  But ya you sure can cherry pick the one play he's made all year and then talk about how we fucked everything up and should just jump off a bridge

• Haha 1

Fantasy Football: Ignore

NoahFant_face.jpg Noah Fant, TE, Broncos
Noah Fant had an impressive 75-yard touchdown versus Cleveland's poor-tackling defense, but he can't be trusted as anything more than someone you can use in a good matchup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Instead of Ed Oliver? 

Yup. Ya know. We wanted to recreate the 85 Bears D and pick a guy we literally DID NOT NEED. 

Im sure this guy would have been a much better option...and a better option than fucking Dawson Knox. 

Dammit delevan stop complaining the Bills drafted a 5' 7" 189 pound DT what else do you want!

• Haha 1

I have only seen one Broncos game this year, KC vs Den and Fant had three drops in about two series, so he would have fit right in with the current Bills TEs. 

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Instead of Ed Oliver? 

Let's panic, complain and get all depressed.  The Bills do nothing right ever.  Does that cover it all?  Eye roll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Fant has been bad this year.  But ya you sure can cherry pick the one play he's made all year and then talk about how we fucked everything up and should just jump off a bridge

Pretty much exactly right.

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Instead of Ed Oliver? 

That was absolutely terrible tackling by Cleveland on that play.

I like Noah Fant, but it's way too early to give up on Ed Oliver.

Dawson Knox is a very talented player that was under used by Ole Miss as a receiver. Knox ran a 4.51 40 yard dash at his pro day, Fant ran a 4.50 40 yard dash at the combine. Knox has a lot of upside as a receiver and is already a very good blocker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Let's panic, complain and get all depressed.  The Bills do nothing right ever.  Does that cover it all?  Eye roll.

Yes, that is what Sean does. He over reacts and has knee jerk reactions to everything. The sky is always falling with him. He might even say the game is over before the Cleveland game has even been played.

1 minute ago, junglesouljah said:

That was absolutely terrible tackling by Cleveland on that play.

I like Noah Fant, but it's way too early to give up on Ed Oliver.

Dawson Knox is a very talented player that was under used by Ole Miss as a receiver. Knox ran a 4.51 40 yard dash at his pro day, Fant ran a 4.50 40 yard dash at the combine. Knox has a lot of upside as a receiver and is already a very good blocker.

In other words it's a little early to panic and give up on players......

Wouldn’t be hilarious/ironic/sad if Fant has a career day against the Bills?

And we’ll watch Tre Edmunds and Ed Oliver chase him around the field like punks. 

2 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Yes, that is what Sean does. He over reacts and has knee jerk reactions to everything. The sky is always falling with him. He might even say the game is over before the Cleveland game has even been played.

Agree, but I get where he's coming from: two decades of frustration and incompetence.  I'm more than frustrated too.  Fact is there is a new owner, new coaches, new GM and new players.  The present team has nothing to do with the past.  There is no jinx or bad karma involving the Buffalo Bills.  Those who believe that are morons.  There has to be patience at some point, though.  Starting over every 2-3 years will NEVER work.  Eventually you have to take a leap of faith and believe in a certain staff.  The best advice is to ignore Lit and all his negative b.s. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Wouldn't or would ??

Ci

Considering our qb play knox is just fine he has all the measurables minus the tape.  I actually think beane hit on this pick.

9 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Wouldn’t be hilarious/ironic/sad if Fant has a career day against the Bills?

And we’ll watch Tre Edmunds and Ed Oliver chase him around the field like punks. 

Shit like this make me question you as a fan.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Agree, but I get where he's coming from: two decades of frustration and incompetence.  I'm more than frustrated too.  Fact is there is a new owner, new coaches, new GM and new players.  The present team has nothing to do with the past.  There is no jinx or bad karma involving the Buffalo Bills.  Those who believe that are morons.  There has to be patience at some point, though.  Starting over every 2-3 years will NEVER work.  Eventually you have to take a leap of faith and believe in a certain staff.  The best advice is to ignore Lit and all his negative b.s. 

I agree with all of your points.

Lit was trying to argue with me that Sean McDermott going to the playoffs his first season as a head coach didn't count because they got lucky.

This is McDermott's 3rd year as head coach in Buffalo and it's looking very likely that Buffalo will make the playoffs for the 2nd time in his tenure. Before the McDermott Beane era Buffalo hadn't made the playoffs in 17 years. But Buffalo sucks according to Lit because they haven't won the super bowl. Guess what it takes time to build a winner, it takes time to change a losing culture.

2 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

Ci

Considering our qb play knox is just fine he has all the measurables minus the tape.  I actually think beane hit on this pick.

Me too

2 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I agree with all of your points.

Lit was trying to argue with me that Sean McDermott going to the playoffs his first season as a head coach didn't count because they got lucky.

This is McDermott's 3rd year as head coach in Buffalo and it's looking very likely that Buffalo will make the playoffs for the 2nd time in his tenure. Before the McDermott Beane era Buffalo hadn't made the playoffs in 17 years. But Buffalo sucks according to Lit because they haven't won the super bowl. Guess what it takes time to build a winner, it takes time to change a losing culture.

Right on all counts.  McDermott and Beane are probably way better than we could have hoped for, yet "some" already want to run them out of town.  That is absolutely nuts.  Things are far from perfect, but they are improving.  Lit hates anyone and everything that make him "look bad" as far as predictions, draft analysis, posts, etc.  It's really all about him.  He has to be "right" and anything suggesting otherwise is condemned/slammed/ridiculed.  He is the ultimate selfish child.  I laugh at it and recognize it for what it is.  Everyone else here should too.  Just my take.  Disagree?  I don't give a shit.