Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Please remove the half-line space after paragraphs

the automatic half-line space appears convenient at first, but it messes up posting articles. portions of the article might be fine, but others are squashed together until you go through and manually enter a line-space - which then ends up a 1.5 line space and the spacing of the entire article is now skewed

this also doesnt allow you to compose posts in an off-line editor - unless you want to put up with not knowing where paragraphs are. i often write my longer posts in Notepad, just in case theres a failure that makes me lose the whole thing

the half-line space is way more of a hassle than its worth, imo

21 hours ago, Meathead said:

the automatic half-line space appears convenient at first, but it messes up posting articles. portions of the article might be fine, but others are squashed together until you go through and manually enter a line-space - which then ends up a 1.5 line space and the spacing of the entire article is now skewed

this also doesnt allow you to compose posts in an off-line editor - unless you want to put up with not knowing where paragraphs are. i often write my longer posts in Notepad, just in case theres a failure that makes me lose the whole thing

the half-line space is way more of a hassle than its worth, imo

By half-line space, do you mean when someone presses the "enter" button, it spaces automatically for them - Instead of letting them hit enter as many times as they want to manually space?

yes

you can see on articles posted where the op had to put line spaces in to separate paragraphs because the line spacing is different from the ones that put in a half-space by default. it hasnt been consistent - some copied lines get the half-space and some dont

we didnt have these half-space lines at the old range so i dont think it would be any trouble for ppl to get used to it again