Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
thinwhiteduke

The Vikings are frauds and so are these five other NFL teams

Recommended Posts

Very true. A few weeks ago I had a hard time admitting that, finally, loading up on the defense all these years MIGHT actually pay off. I almost resigned to the fact that ok, defense will and can carry us.

then the dolphin game game happened....then the eagles game happened...and to a lesser extent, last Sunday. 

This defense is NOT elite. It may be “ok”. 

Good to elite defenses shut out teams, get multiple sacks, and more importantly gets turnovers and scores. 

We losing, for sure, to Browns, Pats, Ravens, Cowboys. That’s now 6-6

im confident we will beat jets and dolphins. 8-6 

broncos and Steelers will make or destroy the Bills season. Feeling confident that the Bills can go into those two places and win? Seriously now. This is the fucking Bills. Can you see that happening? 

While Bills nation will be screaming and crying on why and how the Bills missed the playoffs at 8-8 I’ll be sipping my tea saying “told ya so”. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Very true. A few weeks ago I had a hard time admitting that, finally, loading up on the defense all these years MIGHT actually pay off. I almost resigned to the fact that ok, defense will and can carry us.

then the dolphin game game happened....then the eagles game happened...and to a lesser extent, last Sunday. 

This defense is NOT elite. It may be “ok”. 

Good to elite defenses shut out teams, get multiple sacks, and more importantly gets turnovers and scores. 

We losing, for sure, to Browns, Pats, Ravens, Cowboys. That’s now 6-6

im confident we will beat jets and dolphins. 8-6 

broncos and Steelers will make or destroy the Bills season. Feeling confident that the Bills can go into those two places and win? Seriously now. This is the fucking Bills. Can you see that happening? 

While Bills nation will be screaming and crying on why and how the Bills missed the playoffs at 8-8 I’ll be sipping my tea saying “told ya so”. 

I don't disagree with you.  Someone from behind us is going to make a run.  Maybe it's the Raiders...maybe it's the Chargers but someone will go on a hot streak and finish 6-2 while we very well could finish at 3-5 or something b/c our luck runs out.  We are better than Miami and the Jets but how often in a year does ANY team win all the games they are supposed to?  The Steelers, Browns, and Broncos are as good as us so those games are complete coin flips.  Cowboys, Ravens, and Pats...I just can't see us even staying close to those teams.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Psycho79 said:

I’m still going to watch the season play out. 

As you should, as I am. Gluttons for punishment.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Psycho79 said:

I’m still going to watch the season play out. 

Yes.  Let the season play out.  There's no rule saying the team can't improve.  The people in charge are certainly working to improve all aspects of the team.  It's not like they think things are just perfect.  We'll see what happens.  There will be the good along with the bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we're necessarily "frauds" but we're in an incomplete rebuild and just happen to be taking care of business. That's due to mostly good coaching and our quality players stepping up. No one said we were making a run at a Lombardi this year so let's just enjoy what we've accomplished this year, see how far we go, and then look forward to the 2020 draft and free agency period.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I don't think we're necessarily "frauds" but we're in an incomplete rebuild and just happen to be taking care of business. That's due to mostly good coaching and our quality players stepping up. No one said we were making a run at a Lombardi this year so let's just enjoy what we've accomplished this year, see how far we go, and then look forward to the 2020 draft and free agency period.

Complete rebuild?

for crap sake, we’re going on year 4 soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Complete rebuild?

for crap sake, we’re going on year 4 soon

Go back and read it again. I said an "incomplete rebuild" meaning we're not quite there yet... and don't go back and edit my original post either.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the drama: "FRAUDS." As if the Bills are pretending to be something they're not. They are playing the schedule they're given, and they are finding ways to win (sometimes in spite of themselves). That's real enough.

There's no real "middle-class" in the league this year. Looking at records there are great teams and horrible teams, but that's not reality. Almost the whole league is "FRAUDS" this year. Very few teams are as good or as bad as their records would indicate and the only consistent trait in the league this season is inconsistency. Teams look great one week and terrible the next... or vice versa. 

There will always be something to complain about, I guess. Have fun with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...