Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
junglesouljah

Josh Allen has 7 TD's and 1 interception the last 4 games.

Recommended Posts

He's shown improvement there, which is great. The play calling seems simpler which may help. What about fumbles? Has his overall ball-security improved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hayward89 said:

He's shown improvement there, which is great. The play calling seems simpler which may help. What about fumbles? Has his overall ball-security improved?

No it hasn't as of yet.  ALLEN NEEDS SOME RB DRILLS TO LEARN HOW TO HANG ONTO THE BALL WHEN RUNNING.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Down and Out said:

No it hasn't as of yet.  ALLEN NEEDS SOME RB DRILLS TO LEARN HOW TO HANG ONTO THE BALL WHEN RUNNING.

This

Specially if dumbass Daboll is gonna keep calling those QB keeper plays. Its an accident waiting to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His completion % is about the same, though. His INTs have dropped, TDs might be up, but could that just be more conservative play calling? 61% completion rate doesn't sound like improvement in the areas of accuracy. How about passing yards per game? Up or down? (I could look this up, but...) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Threads showing positive results on the field aren’t welcomed here. Shame on you 

 

3 hours ago, Hayward89 said:

His completion % is about the same, though. His INTs have dropped, TDs might be up, but could that just be more conservative play calling? 61% completion rate doesn't sound like improvement in the areas of accuracy. How about passing yards per game? Up or down? (I could look this up, but...) 

What's more important, getting wins or throwing for 300 yards per game?

Gardner Minshew threw for 300 yards in a blow out loss for Jacksonville. Does that mean he had a great game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Hayward89 said:

His completion % is about the same, though. His INTs have dropped, TDs might be up, but could that just be more conservative play calling? 61% completion rate doesn't sound like improvement in the areas of accuracy. How about passing yards per game? Up or down? (I could look this up, but...) 

 

Lol I love it.  So many people (not saying you in particular, I don't know for sure) had problems last year about his completion percentage.  This year his completion percentage is up, he's far more accurate on short/intermediate throws this year, and now it doesn't really matter to those people.  The kid can't win with some people.  I'm confident he's going to continue to work hard and better himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 300 yards thing....

watch other games. Watch their offenses. Soooooo many of these yards are YAC. Lamar Jackson and Mahomes  make these little dump offs-almost check downs-and their guys run wild. The Bills a)don’t even really attempt these type of plays. B) bills don’t have guys (maybe now Singletary) to do this. Also doesn’t help when McDermott gets a lead he packs it up. Fuck, even when they are down he’s fucking pounding the rock. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

The 300 yards thing....

watch other games. Watch their offenses. Soooooo many of these yards are YAC. Lamar Jackson and Mahomes  make these little dump offs-almost check downs-and their guys run wild. The Bills a)don’t even really attempt these type of plays. B) bills don’t have guys (maybe now Singletary) to do this. Also doesn’t help when McDermott gets a lead he packs it up. Fuck, even when they are down he’s fucking pounding the rock. 

They haven’t been “down” often, and because they stuck to what worked, they freekin won those games!  PHI was the only lost cause.  Without getting knocked out, the end of the NE game was still very much in question.

I do agree with you though, we need a game changer like “Hollywood” Brown as well as a true #1 wide receiver.  Add a bonfied tackle and slide Ford inside and I think you can cause major havoc.  Hopefully they see how valuable Singletary was to the game plan (now, there is no excuse!) and involve him early and often.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

What's more important, getting wins or throwing for 300 yards per game?

Gardner Minshew threw for 300 yards in a blow out loss for Jacksonville. Does that mean he had a great game?

Yikes, sensitive. I'm not Lit. That's not my point. You started this thread to talk about how Allen has improved. He has by the metric of INTs to TDs. I'm only asking about the metric of yards per game in relation to a completion % that hasn't really changed. In other words, since his comp% is the same, does anything show that he has improved and is making smarter throws? I don't care if he hits 300 ypg. I'm just wondering if he's shown improvement. The thread is about improvement, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Lol I love it.  So many people (not saying you in particular, I don't know for sure) had problems last year about his completion percentage.  This year his completion percentage is up, he's far more accurate on short/intermediate throws this year, and now it doesn't really matter to those people.  The kid can't win with some people.  I'm confident he's going to continue to work hard and better himself

Yeah, I'm not one of those. I was mainly looking at his completion % for this year, and it hasn't really changed much. He's done a great job limiting the INTs the last couple weeks. His completion % is up a point or two. I don't get to watch the games, just the highlights, so I'm just wondering if the improvement looks like the result of more conservative playcalling, smarter play, improved accuracy, maybe a combination.

Numbers can only tell so much. My line of questions is more about how the numbers correspond to what you guys are seeing on the field during games (I'm trying to interpret the numbers with second-hand context, lol). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hayward89 said:

Yikes, sensitive. I'm not Lit. That's not my point. You started this thread to talk about how Allen has improved. He has by the metric of INTs to TDs. I'm only asking about the metric of yards per game in relation to a completion % that hasn't really changed. In other words, since his comp% is the same, does anything show that he has improved and is making smarter throws? I don't care if he hits 300 ypg. I'm just wondering if he's shown improvement. The thread is about improvement, right? 

Daboll is a conservative, risk averse play caller, likes to have a run pass balance, and that will effect the receiving yards the WR's get and the passing yards the QB gets.

Allen can improve his passing yards per game by having more pass attempts, but the current offensive coordinator wants a balanced offense instead of pass heavy offense. With that being said Buffalo is passing more on first downs compared to past Buffalo teams with is a positive sign according to analytics people who believe you should pass on 1st down instead of running on 1st down.

Allen is improving, but not every improvement can be seen using a metric. The average passing yards per game will go up next season when Beane gets Allen a #1 WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Improved success in the red zone and improved red zone passer rating for Allen would indicate that he is playing better than he was last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Daboll is a conservative, risk averse play caller, likes to have a run pass balance, and that will effect the receiving yards the WR's get and the passing yards the QB gets.

Allen can improve his passing yards per game by having more pass attempts, but the current offensive coordinator wants a balanced offense instead of pass heavy offense. With that being said Buffalo is passing more on first downs compared to past Buffalo teams with is a positive sign according to analytics people who believe you should pass on 1st down instead of running on 1st down.

Allen is improving, but not every improvement can be seen using a metric. The average passing yards per game will go up next season when Beane gets Allen a #1 WR.

And that's my point. I'm trying to see where that improvement lies. Numbers can be used to say whatever we want. Allen's improvement is not likely just one metric. Allen can literally throw the ball out of the stadium, but that doesn't mean that's what he needs to do all the time (ergo the 300 yard game). Sounds like Daboll is maybe putting him, and the offense, in a position to have success. As you pointed out, Allen's red zone proficiency is pretty stellar. Do what we need to do to get the offense in the red zone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...