Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

It is the OLine, stupid.

Should have drafted a stud OL in 2017, and in 2018, and this Cody Ford pick looks like a miss. But my god we needed Harrison Phillips didn’t we? And right now Tre Edmunds and Ed Oliver look almost pointless as well. Again I would swap them out for weapons on offense in a heartbeat.

Beane can find late draft gems like Milano and Johnson and gems in FA like Poyer, Hyde, Phillips. 

Tre White might be the only high draft pick on the defense that has made an impact....and we all know how we got him. 

They need to slide Ford to LG next year, and bring in a real RT.

Josh needs to get better, way better.

Need more playmakers, and we need to use the ones we have.  Not have them IA or giving them 3 carries on game day.

• Thanks 1

The fact of the matter is, good QB’s shred defenses when they blitz.

For most of Brady’s career, his QB rating was highest when he was under pressure.

Bad QB’s get worse under pressure.

You do the math...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Bills have a ton of offensive problems.  Sean will love them.  In no particular order.

1.  1970s play calling which is not best suited for the talents the QB has.

2.  A QB who cannot avoid the big turnover

3.  A QB who suddenly cant complete a pass that travels over 20 yards, his supposed strength coming out of college.

3.  a lead RB that was born in the 70s.

4.  a backup RB who is not an every down back.

5.  WRs that cannot consistently get open.

6.  An offensive line that is Jeckyl and Hyde.

Take your pick.  A thread can be made of all of them and probably already has been numerous times.

• Thanks 1

You need more then 7 games to fine tune an offensive line. Come on guys ...4 new starters

Plus the ball needs to be in the air around 2-3 seconds, more short timing patterns would fix this mess

Brady throws the ball before the WR even makes his move, 2 seconds and it's gone...

Be patient with Joshy boy, it will come, if Beasley doesn't strangle him first...

Image result for tom brady quick throw gif

T

2 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

The Bills have a ton of offensive problems.  Sean will love them.  In no particular order.

3.  A QB who suddenly cant complete a pass that travels over 20 yards, his supposed strength coming out of college.

Take your pick.  A thread can be made of all of them and probably already has been numerous times.

Nothing wrong with the RB who was born in the 70's...he's playing excellent.....only if he was actually used.......thats it....everything else seems pretty spot on......

2 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

Don't forget TEs that cannot stop committing penalties and drop more passes than they catch.

• Like 1

We've all seen our fair share of bad OL play over the past 2 decades. We've fielded some mighty impressive turnstiles over the years. This OL isn't anywhere near that bad. Are they elite ? No. Are they top notch ? No. But they aren't as bad as you guys make them out to be. Allen sometimes holds on to the ball for too long. Part of his learning process and quite frankly something I wish he would improve. The run game for the most part has worked well. Both Singletary and Gore have been good. Its not just them. 

6 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Should have drafted a stud OL in 2017, and in 2018, and this Cody Ford pick looks like a miss. But my god we needed Harrison Phillips didn’t we? And right now Tre Edmunds and Ed Oliver look almost pointless as well. Again I would swap them out for weapons on offense in a heartbeat.

Beane can find late draft gems like Milano and Johnson and gems in FA like Poyer, Hyde, Phillips. 

Tre White might be the only high draft pick on the defense that has made an impact....and we all know how we got him. 

Cody Ford can play RT but he is a much better interior OL. IMO Ford will be the staring RG next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

We've all seen our fair share of bad OL play over the past 2 decades. We've fielded some mighty impressive turnstiles over the years. This OL isn't anywhere near that bad. Are they elite ? No. Are they top notch ? No. But they aren't as bad as you guys make them out to be. Allen sometimes holds on to the ball for too long. Part of his learning process and quite frankly something I wish he would improve. The run game for the most part has worked well. Both Singletary and Gore have been good. Its not just them. 

This season's OL is better than last year's OL. They can still improve more especially at RT. IMO Ford should be playing G not T.

Spain is a short term answer at LG, so LG should also be addressed.

31 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

PFF lists 4 of our 5 O-Line starters as either "backup level" or "should cut".

22 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

This season's OL is better than last year's OL. They can still improve more especially at RT. IMO Ford should be playing G not T.

Spain is a short term answer at LG, so LG should also be addressed.

That doesn't really say much. Last year's line is what I was referring too when I said mighty impressive turnstiles. 

I agree that Ford needs to be a guard and not a tackle. No clue why they insist. 

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

Cool. 

I know they aren't good. But the eyeball test should let you know they aren't as bad as other years. Do you have those rankings ?

• Like 1

Just now, Victor7 said:

Cool. 

I know they aren't good. But the eyeball test should let you know they aren't as bad as other years. Do you have those rankings ?

Which rankings do you mean?

Sacks?

They're on pace to give up more sacks than last years o-line.

2018: 42 sacks given up

2019: 45 sacks (on pace for)

14 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

PFF is not the authority on player evaluations.

LG Spain is a stop gap player.

RT Nsekhe is a stop gap player.

Ford should be the starting RG or LG.

LT Dawkins, C Morse are not backup level players and shouldn't be cut.

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

PFF is not the authority on player evaluations.

LG Spain is a stop gap player.

RT Nsekhe is a stop gap player.

Ford should be the starting RG or LG.

LT Dawkins, C Morse are not backup level players and shouldn't be cut.

Dawkins has a good rating.

7 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

The fact of the matter is, good QB’s shred defenses when they blitz.

For most of Brady’s career, his QB rating was highest when he was under pressure.

Bad QB’s get worse under pressure.

You do the math...

I think some of that is coaching philosophy, mcd is ultra conservative and imo would revert to runs against the blitz.  I wish we knew how much autonomy Allen has presnap to audible out and also whether Daboll has Allen working the short stuff when blitzes are coming.  BTW eagles actually did blitz slot, but they didn't need to, 4 was getting consistent pressure.  Bellyboy would throw to counter blitzes we've seen for almost 2 decades, mcd takes the keys out of the ignition 10 miles before getting home...

• Thanks 1

the cold reality is that the offence was always going to be a three year project

first, you have allen who had the most development to do of the top qbs in that draft. he came from an inferior school with a non-pro style offense. but his upside is tremendous. risk is rather high, though, too

the oline was pitiful last year. you cant fix all that in one year. i would have like to see them spend big to get a good rt in facy so ford could move inside, but they had faith in ford and it looks like they were wrong. still, even if ford was better at t, their starting guards are below average (backup caliber, really). so the slow development of ford at rt is even more glaring a weakness

and of course, another real wr opposite brown. im surprised and disappointed with all the trades that the bills couldnt give up a fourth or something to get a reliable veteran in here to compliment a playoff push. they want to get it done with guys like mckenzie and roberts, but those are not true wrs that perfect their wr craft and put fear into dbs

and if i was opie i would make the TEs all stand in front of a juggs machine for four hours catching balls on the fastest setting until their hands bled

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I acknowledge Beane made some effort to improve the Oline.  Thus why we have 4 new starters on the Oline.   Keeping last year's slugs was not an answer.

I was disappointed with all the fanfare for signing guys like Ty and Spain, etc.    I was scratching my head wondering why go after marginally starters, or backups in some cases.

And I am disappointed with Cody Ford.  I hope he comes around.  I was hoping for another Cordy Glenn type 2nd round success.  

Can't fix olines with some chalk talk.   They have to have the talent.    Fixing it takes successful draft picks and aggressive free agent acquisitions.

Here's to Brandon finding a guy in the top 2 rounds of the draft, and a top rated OLiner in Free agency,

• Thanks 1