Flan

Bills work our Bryce Petty

Bryce Petty: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on QB's NFL Draft Stock

By Tim Daniels , Featured Columnist

Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty won't catch Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota in the rankings for the 2015 NFL draft. He's battling the class' other prospects at the league's most crucial spot for positioning behind that headline duo.

Continue for updates.

Bills Workout; Mike Mayock Praise

Wednesday, March 18

Gil Brandt of NFL.com reports new Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan made the trip to Texas last week to check in on Petty:

#Bills coach Rex Ryan was in Waco last week to work out Baylor QB Bryce Petty.

— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) March 18, 2015

The Bills don't currently own a first-round pick after trading up and selecting wide receiver Sammy Watkins last year in the draft. They would have to hope Petty is still on the board when they make their first selection at No. 50 overall in the second round, which is certainly possible, or trade up.

Buffalo does have a major need at the position. As it stands now, the trio of Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor are expected to battle for the starting job. The Baylor product could step right into that competition and have a legitimate chance to win it.

If, and let's say if, Petty is there at 50, I say take him. Okay, who goes? You just traded for Cassel, and signed Taylor, who backed up Flacco on their Super Bowl club. Is waiving Knee J Manuel a possibility?

I like Petty a lot. He hasnt played under center much so obviously he would need a lot of coaching but if they wanted to take him at 50 I be happy with it.

With that being said i think he is the QB that will rise into the 1st round this year.

I think Petty is a natural thrower and has a great release. I don't think we should expect much from him his first year in the league but if he gets some time he may turn into a quality starting QB in the league.

"Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."

Don't hate the idea of Petty, but I think it'd be more productive for the immediate future to use that pick on an O lineman. Rex and Whaley seem to be going all in for this year, and putting a rookie behind a porous OL is not what this team needs right now. However, I'm sure there may be a few plug and play OL left in the third round. I guess we'll see.

close to zero chance ej gets waived before the season starts. gotta see where he is at in live games that arent for practice

if the draft a qb relatively early, they obviously will need to waive either cassel or taylor

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Don't hate the idea of Petty, but I think it'd be more productive for the immediate future to use that pick on an O lineman. Rex and Whaley seem to be going all in for this year, and putting a rookie behind a porous OL is not what this team needs right now. However, I'm sure there may be a few plug and play OL left in the third round. I guess we'll see.

I wouldn't be so sure that Whaley is done; Jahri Evans and Mathis are still out there. Agreed, G is still a concern and hinges right now on a return to form of Incognito. I wouldn't bet against it, but they are betting 25 million that the OL will be good enough...

Petty needs to be stripped down and rebuilt as an NFL QB. But I like him from a physical standpoint.

as reported by Fang McFrost, NFL Insider

Lady on these streets, Freak in the sheets.

I don't think we should expect much from him his first year in the league but if he gets some time he may turn into a quality starting QB in the league.

Funny how we can say this about Petty but EJ is shit out after being thrown to the wolves on bad teams for 14 games when he was rushed to start.

If, and let's say if, Petty is there at 50, I say take him. Okay, who goes? You just traded for Cassel, and signed Taylor, who backed up Flacco on their Super Bowl club. Is waiving Knee J Manuel a possibility?

If we do pick him. And for sure if we trade up for him, then IMO EJ is gone. Taylor is possibly in as a gadget/wildcat guy who maybe does the unthinkable and outright shows that he's the superior of the trio. Cassel is the likely starter. If they made this move it would be because the very thing we all saw with EJ (a guy that has everything but quite simply cannot make the decisions fast enough on the field or throw an accurate ball - both FATAL UNFIXABLE flaws) and he is gone.

I realize he isn't too expensive under the new rookie cap. But as a mid first round pick that would absolutely clear up some possibly needed cap space no?

Its unfortunate because he has so many of the things you want. Character, size, strength, intelligence, charisma, etc... But he flat out can't make the decisions fast enough on the field (i'm intelligent too and there's no freaking way i could even with a life-time of practice) and he's not accurate. Utterly and completely fatal flaws. You have rookie WRs who are wide open getting missed by 5 yards pouting their way off the field on 3rd down... That's fatal.

Alternatively, Doug Moron and his brilliant staff was really that bad and EJ will shock us all.

I hope it's the latter

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

I watched Petty closely at the Senior Bowl and he fell flat on his face. I was hoping he would be decent but he wasn't.

My biggest fear is using a 2nd round pick on him, sitting him for a year and passing over a better qb next offseason with hopes Petty can be molded into a starter.

Funny how we can say this about Petty but EJ is shit out after being thrown to the wolves on bad teams for 14 games when he was rushed to start.

What I meant by that is Petty should ride the pine for a year or two and learn and watch and then may turn into something. EJ was rushed and DM messed with his head by playing scared to turn the ball over. Hard to recover from that.

"Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."

Those who have followed my career on here know that I am big on player names. Names with dictionary entries are some of my favorites. I think a name like Petty would fit in great on this board, as it would describe many of the squabbles. I wouldn't expect him to overtake Incognito on my current list right away, but if Petty proves his worth I already have his greatest hits to play in the background if he becomes deserving of a highlights video.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

We absoultely should be able to get Petty in the 2nd. Not sure that we should draft him but he should be there.