Flan

Jeff Fisher: Other teams wanted Bradford, but we wanted Foles

Jeff Fisher: Other teams wanted Bradford, but we wanted Foles

Pro Football Talk | Mar 13

Rams coach Jeff Fisher says the Eagles weren’t the only team that approached him about acquiring Sam Bradford in a trade. The Eagles were just the only team that offered a quarterback the Rams thought could be their starter.

Fisher said today on PFT Live that the Rams had previously been offered a late first-round draft pick for Bradford and turned that down, because until recently the Rams were planning on keeping Bradford in St. Louis.

“There were some discussions, yes, but from our standpoint, the first-round pick — obviously it’s attractive, but you still don’t have a quarterback.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/jeff_fisher_other_teams_wanted_bradford_but_we_wanted_foles/18447593?mb_edition=4382&linksrc=mb_story_related_top_18470768

I was bummed to see the deal in a way.

Ej and a pick for Bradford? I doubt the rams would have done that..

I would have tried flipping mckelvin for a pick to package but, oh well..

FIRE DARCY REGIER AND LINDY RUFF

Cleveland offered our pick and got shut down. So anyone bitching about my trading for Bradford isn't paying attention

as reported by Fang McFrost, NFL Insider

Lady on these streets, Freak in the sheets.

ej has by far the most value to the bills right now simply bc hes here, under contract, and still has the dreaded potential. nobody would ever give us what hes worth to us so forget it

and hes starting, in case that wasnt already obvious. rooting against him now aint gonna help, but thats your call

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Agreed. We had no chance at Bradford. They wanted a Starting QB and a draft pick and we didn't have one.

and hes starting, in case that wasnt already obvious. rooting against him now aint gonna help, but thats your call

You think EJ is going to start Meat? Interesting. I hope you're right, because that will mean that he's better than Cassel. I have Empire State building sized doubts, however...

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

ej has by far the most value to the bills right now simply bc hes here, under contract, and still has the dreaded potential. nobody would ever give us what hes worth to us so forget it

No it isn't obvious. He blows, lost his job an was badly outplayed by a journeyman and they traded for cassel and his $5 million salary.

You think EJ is going to start Meat? Interesting. I hope you're right, because that will mean that he's better than Cassel. I have Empire State building sized doubts, however...

Yeah it's a long shot EJ starts.

There's a reason that like 33% of the new acquisitions have been QB's. Telling Tyrod Taylor you have a QB comp is not a vote of confidence.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

official mh the geek® odds on the bills starting qb for game 1:

90.02% ebenezeir estuuya manuel

4.62% tie rod jones

3.53% painfully mediocre journeyman who had two good seasons out of ten

2.09% somebody not currently on the roster

logic:

- what cassel brings is cast in stone: barely acceptable starting qb production that you want to upgrade the whole time hes playing. better than not having a starter but not by much

- tie rod is a taller and less douchey michael vick and just like vick will probably never have the passing skills to be a regular nfl starter you dont want to replace sooner than later

- ej was a known project who was mis-managed worse than even jp losman was, which is borderline criminal. he still has the dreaded 'potential', far more than either of the other two

this situation is very similar to last season, except ej is another year in the league and will have even a shorter leash. he had a great chance to do what should have happened his rookie season, to sit behind a polished veteran and learn how to be a pro qb. hes had a season and a half with a qb coach, including all summer with david lee roth which should have him well prepared to be either a gigolo or have everything he should need to step into the starting job

assuming they complete the fix of the oline, he will have no excuses and no where to hide. he just needs to do his job, make the reads he should be able to at this point, and deliver the ball to the exceptional talent whaley has assembled at the offensive skill positions. they simply have to see where he is at and give him a legitimate chance to rebound from the shaft job he received from maroone/hacker in their piss poor efforts to develop him. the worst possible thing would be to cut him and see him go someplace else and succeed. they have invested a lot in him, he still could definitely emerge from his project status into a viable long term starter, certainly much more than the other two guys

unfortunately, preseason doesnt tell you much so he would have to stink holy hell to lose the starting job. i dont expect he could be bad enough in the practice games for that to happen

ej will start wk1 and he needs to come out and be reasonably impressive early. he wont have much luxury to have a bad game in the first few, and if he throws even one stinker like his last two starts he will be replaced the next week

deal wid it

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

this situation is very similar to last season, except ej is another year in the league and will have even a shorter leash. he had a great chance to do what should have happened his rookie season, to sit behind a polished veteran and learn how to be a pro qb. hes had a season and a half with a qb coach, including all summer with david lee roth which should have him well prepared to be either a gigolo or have everything he should need to step into the starting job

Word, except it was Sammy Hagar not Dave Lee Roth.....

My Adopt-A-Bill for 2013 is WR Mat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(Wet Rubber Mat)

if (ToErr == objHuman)

{

objForgive = objDivine;

}

oh crap i just noticed i put two 'e' names for ej the first time. oh well, its a crappy joke to begin with anyway

Agreed. We had no chance at Bradford. They wanted a Starting QB and a draft pick and we didn't have one.

Yup, they knew who they wanted and EJ wasnt it. thats why I keep laughing at theses non smart people that after Folles got traded(and Bradford got traded) that kept thinking/saying/getting MAD as if the Bills could have had either one...NO THEY COULD NOT HAVE!!!!!!!!! the Bills didnt have anything in return that they wanted..this isnt Madden this is 2 sides have to have what the other wants...Bills didnt have anything.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

:rofl:

"Potential"

Try inaccurate. That's the best word to describe EJ

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

He won't.

EJ only starts if Cassel gets hurt or at some point starts sucking Billy Joe Hobert style. Other than that EJ rides the bench no question.

In fact the only reason EJ started last year was because Orton came in late. Had he been signed before camp Orton starts from day one.

We actually have bet going on. What was it meat ? 200 billion dollars or something ?

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Word, except it was Sammy Hagar not Dave Lee Roth.....

I wonder if Meat Head is related to Murray Head? One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)