bartleby

I Can't Wait For the 2015 Season to Start

We were 9-7 last year and we added Shady, Incognito, Harvin, Felton, Tyrod Taylor, and probably Clay to our offense. We got rid of Marrone and Hackett and added Rex Ryan and Greg Roman to our coaching staff. Despite all the negativity on this board, I'm really having a hard time seeing this as a problem. I'm truly excited by the changes. I'm excited to have a billionaire owner who's willing to pay for talent. I'm excited by a riverboat gambler GM who will pull the trigger on trades that put the Bills in the news. How is this not the best offseason in Bills history?

Honestly, I think a lot of the cranky little whiners on this site who cry about every move must be fifteen years old and don't remember the days when we didn't participate in free agency (except to watch our unrestricteds leave) and only relied on drafts like the following to build our roster.

Listed below are the Buffalo Bills selections in the 2000 NFL Draft.

Round Overall Player Position Birthdate College

1 26 Erik Flowers DE 03/01/1978 Arizona State

2 58 Travares Tillman DB 10/08/1977 Georgia Tech

3 89 Corey Moore LB 03/20/1977 Virginia Tech

4 121 Avion Black WR 04/24/1977 Tennessee State

5 156 Sammy Morris RB 03/23/1977 Texas Tech

6 194 Leif Larsen DT 04/03/1975 Texas-El Paso

7 233 Drew Haddad WR 08/15/1978 Buffalo

7 251 DaShon Polk LB 03/13/1977 Arizona

The Bills are gunning for the playoffs this year. If they fall short, it won't be because Pegula, Whaley and Rex Ryan haven't been doing everything humanly possible to make it happen. If they could hatch a franchise QB from an egg, they would do it and so would twenty other teams.

Honestly, I don't know what some of you are seeing. I've been a diehard Bills fan for 37 years. Things are good in Buffalo right now. Really good. We are becoming a force to be reckoned with. ESPN can't ignore what's happening in Buffalo. And neither can the Pats, Dolphins or Jets.

Bottom line: this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. That's all I've been asking for since Kelly retired. Give me a team that I look forward to watching. After all, this is just entertainment. And I can't remember a time in the last twenty years when the Bills were this entertaining in the offseason.

That 2000 draft still brings up such bad memories. Easily the worst draft since i have been a Bills fan (89) and could easily be the worst Bills draft of all time. Tillman and Morris were the best players from that class and neither guy was nothing more than a rotational player at best. I would be lying though if I said I don't have fond memories of the Keion Carpenter/Tavares Tillman safety tandem. On the flip side the draft could have looked like this:

1 26 Keith Bulluck LB

2 58 Brad Meester C

3 89 Na'il Diggs LB

4 121 Tutan Reyes OG

5 156 Sammy Morris RB

6 194 Tom Brady QB (Can you imagine)

7 233 Drew Haddad WR

7 251 DaShon Polk LB

spacer.png[duchene_1_2_3.jpg

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

looks like theyve done a really nice job of putting some key pieces together

getting hughes to stay should be huge. they coulda got by pretty well without him, but keeping that unit together is going to let rexy continue to display why hes arguably the best defensive mind in the game

harvin and clay (if they get him) will help, but i just dont see either one being much of a big difference maker. more like nice pieces to have but not essential. with what they would be paying clay i hope im wrong on that one but im not counting on it

its no secret, biggest factor for a successful bills '15 season: ej manual

they got cassel as insurance but if he has to start the bills could be in trouble. they are going to want their qb to protect the ball so they can win the field position battle and let their defense win most games, which cassel can do, but also be a consistent threat in the passing and/or running games. i dont think cassel is that guy. a purely caretaker qb makes them a borderline playoff contender, we have to hope we get better than that. i doubt tyrod taylor is going to be that guy either

if ej comes out and shows he has matured and is ready to step into the job this could be a magical season for the bills. we know he can run pretty well and rexy has said he wants him to do that more so i think he will be fine there. hes always been known as a ball protector, he needs to show he can be relied upon to make the quick reads and get the ball out accurately on a fairly consistent basis so all these great offensive weapons can make stuff happen. idk if he can do that or not, but i for sure havent given up on him

finally, the absolutely have to find at least one more olineman if not two to shore up the rotation. line play like last season will kill this team regardless of how good the defense and the rest of the offense is

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

if ej comes out and shows he has matured and is ready to step into the job this could be a magical season for the bills. we know he can run pretty well and rexy has said he wants him to do that more so i think he will be fine there. hes always been known as a ball protector, he needs to show he can be relied upon to make the quick reads and get the ball out accurately on a fairly consistent basis so all these great offensive weapons can make stuff happen. idk if he can do that or not, but i for sure havent given up on him

Yes. I would be freakin beside myself if EJ came out and even played decent football (which more than likely would get us a playoff spot). I'm not giving up hope on him just yet. All this negativity towards him definitely lit a fire under his ass, and I'm excited (kind of?) to see if it translates onto the field. He really seems as if he is a genuinely mature and hardworking kid, and that is one of the main reasons I like him. I'm really rooting for him to come through, but I obviously have my doubts.

Our players are excited about all the additions. They keep talking about the new attitude the Bills are showing from the top to the bottom of the organization. Journalists who cover the Jets, Pats and Dolphins are talking about how the Bills have had such an amazing offseason. I tend to agree with all of them over some of the critics on this site who never change their tune.

The Bills could easily be in Toronto or Los Angeles right now, if it weren't for Pegula, and some of the posters on this site probably wouldn't miss them. They would just switch over to some other product they hate. The Bills are stacking their roster. It's fun to watch.

I would like to see Spikes back for run protection and could use him when using the 3-4 defense don't you think? A little more depth their in the LB'ers is needed and I worry about our D-Backs somewhat. I think if we get another "good" guard for the right side and another good TE, the offense should be stout and the run game great again! All in all I love what the FO has done for our team so far this off season! We could find both G and TE in the draft I supposed.

B U F F A L O

R O A M' E R

10-6 in 2016 PLAYOFF BOUND ?

Never, ever take lesser talent over better talent because of need.

Just say "NO!" to projects in the first round

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/buffalo/billspics.html

Amen brother.

Fuck the haters, we're gonna be good. Playoffs for sure.

as reported by Fang McFrost, NFL Insider

Lady on these streets, Freak in the sheets.

We were 9-7 last year and we added Shady, Incognito, Harvin, Felton, Tyrod Taylor, and probably Clay to our offense. We got rid of Marrone and Hackett and added Rex Ryan and Greg Roman to our coaching staff. Despite all the negativity on this board, I'm really having a hard time seeing this as a problem. I'm truly excited by the changes. I'm excited to have a billionaire owner who's willing to pay for talent. I'm excited by a riverboat gambler GM who will pull the trigger on trades that put the Bills in the news. How is this not the best offseason in Bills history?

Honestly, I think a lot of the cranky little whiners on this site who cry about every move must be fifteen years old and don't remember the days when we didn't participate in free agency (except to watch our unrestricteds leave) and only relied on drafts like the following to build our roster.

Listed below are the Buffalo Bills selections in the 2000 NFL Draft.

Round Overall Player Position Birthdate College

1 26 Erik Flowers DE 03/01/1978 Arizona State

2 58 Travares Tillman DB 10/08/1977 Georgia Tech

3 89 Corey Moore LB 03/20/1977 Virginia Tech

4 121 Avion Black WR 04/24/1977 Tennessee State

5 156 Sammy Morris RB 03/23/1977 Texas Tech

6 194 Leif Larsen DT 04/03/1975 Texas-El Paso

7 233 Drew Haddad WR 08/15/1978 Buffalo

7 251 DaShon Polk LB 03/13/1977 Arizona

The Bills are gunning for the playoffs this year. If they fall short, it won't be because Pegula, Whaley and Rex Ryan haven't been doing everything humanly possible to make it happen. If they could hatch a franchise QB from an egg, they would do it and so would twenty other teams.

Honestly, I don't know what some of you are seeing. I've been a diehard Bills fan for 37 years. Things are good in Buffalo right now. Really good. We are becoming a force to be reckoned with. ESPN can't ignore what's happening in Buffalo. And neither can the Pats, Dolphins or Jets.

Bottom line: this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. That's all I've been asking for since Kelly retired. Give me a team that I look forward to watching. After all, this is just entertainment. And I can't remember a time in the last twenty years when the Bills were this entertaining in the offseason.

:n4clapping::n4clapping::n4clapping::n4clapping::n4clapping::n4clapping:

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

looks like theyve done a really nice job of putting some key pieces together

getting hughes to stay should be huge. they coulda got by pretty well without him, but keeping that unit together is going to let rexy continue to display why hes arguably the best defensive mind in the game

harvin and clay (if they get him) will help, but i just dont see either one being much of a big difference maker. more like nice pieces to have but not essential. with what they would be paying clay i hope im wrong on that one but im not counting on it

its no secret, biggest factor for a successful bills '15 season: ej manual

they got cassel as insurance but if he has to start the bills could be in trouble. they are going to want their qb to protect the ball so they can win the field position battle and let their defense win most games, which cassel can do, but also be a consistent threat in the passing and/or running games. i dont think cassel is that guy. a purely caretaker qb makes them a borderline playoff contender, we have to hope we get better than that. i doubt tyrod taylor is going to be that guy either

finally, the absolutely have to find at least one more olineman if not two to shore up the rotation. line play like last season will kill this team regardless of how good the defense and the rest of the offense is

If EJ breaks out we're winning the superbowl. I'm just not so confident that it will happen as i view his major flaws as unfixable.

However, he has the character and work ethic to correct them if anyone does.

It's hard to fathom how good we will be if EJ wins the job and plays accordingly.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

18_allen.jpg

im excited for every season. well almost. wasnt too excited for chans first year bc that team was epic bad on talent. and there were a couple seasons in the eighties that really they shoulda just forfeited every game. but yeah, if we can find a decent qb this could easily finally be a playoff season

but lets not start chucking each others picks just yet

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

I'm actually a little alarmed at what the Jets (add Mariotta) and the Fins have done.

But i also like what this team has done. And i like our coach better than i like theirs.

This is going to be one hell of a tough division, but i think we are a big reason why the AFC East will be so tough. The NFC East got a raw deal in 2015.

18_allen.jpg

I'm actually a little alarmed at what the Jets (add Mariotta) and the Fins have done.

But i also like what this team has done. And i like our coach better than i like theirs.

This is going to be one hell of a tough division, but i think we are a big reason why the AFC East will be so tough. The NFC East got a raw deal in 2015.

Me too. I said in a previous post that the Dolphins and Jets have improved a lot too, but didn't feel the need to mention it again in this thread. I said: "No easy wins in the AFC East this season." I believe that. Jets and Dolphins will be better. Pats are always tough.

But for me, that doesn't change the fact that this team is making noise in the offseason. People are talking about the Bills because they're playing with the big boys now, competing for free agents, paying out big contracts, and making risky trades. I'm pleased by the entertainment they're providing.

I've been on this site for almost ten years. This is the time when it usually goes dead quiet, when the front office shuts down for the summer. I have the sense that Pegula, Whaley and Ryan are showing up to work!

Me too. I said in a previous post that the Dolphins and Jets have improved a lot too, but didn't feel the need to mention it again in this thread. I said: "No easy wins in the AFC East this season." I believe that. Jets and Dolphins will be better. Pats are always tough.

But for me, that doesn't change the fact that this team is making noise in the offseason. People are talking about the Bills because they're playing with the big boys now, competing for free agents, paying out big contracts, and making risky trades. I'm pleased by the entertainment they're providing.

I've been on this site for almost ten years. This is the time when it usually goes dead quiet, when the front office shuts down for the summer. I have the sense that Pegula, Whaley and Ryan are showing up to work!

Bartleby(I like the name) makes a good point. I'm asking this seriously: When was the last time you can remember the Bills making this many moves so quickly in the offseason? Or anything so close to it?

I don't want to put this all on Ralph, but I predicted we'd make the playoffs shortly after the team was sold, and in our first full season without him it is plain as day to understand why. RIP Ralph, you laid the groundwork, and I wouldn't be shocked if you were helping from beyond.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Literate truly is a "mircobrain".

Yes, you need "microscopes" to see it. Fitting name for him!

"Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."

LOL. Blind homers.

Russ Brandon has, once again, sold you on blind hope.

RUSS BRANDON!!? What has he done this offseason? Pegula relegated him to business operations. Lol, and you call US blind for being excited? You sir, are as dumb as Lit.

Isn't that below the belt? Keep those punches higher.

Yes, sorry Jack..

Mik, you are almost as dumb Lit.

Come on guys, I have been trying to run a fairly clean act when Lit isn't around.

Back to topic, as excited as we all are to get this new machine going, wishing for it to be fall already is literally wishing our lives away. I had a boss that once told me that when I told him I wished it was Friday as we were taking the elevator. Savor all we can. It's been an exciting offseason. We have the veteran combine tomorrow, and the draft coming up. If it truly is win now mode, I wouldn't be shocked to see next year's first and other picks traded if this front office team thinks they can make a major move.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Come on guys, I have been trying to run a fairly clean act when Lit isn't around.

Back to topic, as excited as we all are to get this new machine going, wishing for it to be fall already is literally wishing our lives away. I had a boss that once told me that when I told him I wished it was Friday as we were taking the elevator. Savor all we can. It's been an exciting offseason. We have the veteran combine tomorrow, and the draft coming up. If it truly is win now mode, I wouldn't be shocked to see next year's first and other picks traded if this front office team thinks they can make a major move.

LOL. Fools sold on hope.

Remember the off-season you were so excited they got Drew Bledsoe?

Remember the off-season they got Dockery?

Remember the off-season they signed Mario Williams?

Remember the excitement of getting Fitzpatrick after Losman/Edwards?

Yeah. This is more of all that.

LOL. Fools sold on hope.

Remember the off-season you were so excited they got Drew Bledsoe?

Remember the off-season they got Dockery?

Remember the off-season they signed Mario Williams?

Remember the excitement of getting Fitzpatrick after Losman/Edwards?

Yeah. This is more of all that.

Not only Drew Bledsoe but Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams, Jeff Posey, Lawyer Miloy. And on offense add Bledsoe, Price, Moulds, Travis Henry and Willis McGahee. Nasty D and a decent offense with a real qb. On the cover of sports illustrated. Destroyed the Pats. Annnnnnnnd we go on to yet again...suck.

I will not get excited until I see the first live game.....actually should wait until I see 9-10 games as this franchise loves to implode after winning a few games in a row. This team has, no matter who is there, always bumbles around and fucks up. I'll reserve judgment for later.

miserable that 70s show GIF

If it truly is win now mode, I wouldn't be shocked to see next year's first and other picks traded if this front office team thinks they can make a major move.

I think this question has been raised before on this board, but it's worth considering: If we trade next year's first for a first this year, and then do it again the following year and the year after that, etc., does that missing first-rounder ever come back to hurt us if we're always replacing it?