Jump to content
George

Josh Allen fined $7017 for throwing football in stands

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jc856 said:

They fined him 1$/inch. Peterman woulda got fined 22.50

 

Image result for krammers peterman bus gif3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

LOL. No Fun League. That's an expensive football. It should have been like an $80 fine.

I figured maybe $500... He can afford it. He should do it every game-winning drive at New Era... see if they are consistent with the fine amount...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

I figured maybe $500... He can afford it. He should do it every game-winning drive at New Era... see if they are consistent with the fine amount...

I stand corrected. It should be a $100 fine!

 

Official Football.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

LOL. No Fun League. That's an expensive football. It should have been like an $80 fine.

Goodell needs some repair work on the jacuzzi in his office

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Where the fuck do they come up with $7017?

If his number was 12, he would have been fined 2012$

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I stand corrected. It should be a $100 fine!

Official Football.png

$99.99 only gets you the flat bottomed Duke football... $7017 gets you the whole enchilada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Josh had thrown the ball OUT of the stadium would that still be a fine?

 

Image result for missed it by this much gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jc856 said:

If his number was 12, he would have been fined 2012$

If that number 12 was on a Patriots jersey , it wouldn’t have been a fine at all. Just like the hit on Josh wasn’t a fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HipKat said:

Where the fuck do they come up with $7017?

The extra $17 was for him being a pussy and not getting it all the way out.  

The NFL should make him a bet, if he gets it out of the stadium, no fine.  But if he doesn't, 10K fine.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nuke said:

If that number 12 was on a Patriots jersey , it wouldn’t have been a fine at all. Just like the hit on Josh wasn’t a fine

Brady couldn't dream of getting it out of the stadium.  He'd check it down to the first row by the tunnel.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George said:

I wonder if Josh had thrown the ball OUT of the stadium would that still be a fine?

Image result for missed it by this much gif

He would have gotten a littering in the Town of Orchard Park violation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fine amount doesn't just come out of the commissioner's but. The reason for the odd number ($7,017) is because the amounts are laid down in the CBA, and then have a 5% increase added on each year the CBA is in effect. In 2011 the fine for throwing the ball into the stands was $4,750. Do some math and you will wind up with $7,017 in 2019.

And the reason it seems so excessive is because the league doesn't want players making a habit out of it. There's not just an injury risk to some unsuspecting fan who gets one in the nose. There's also the potential to create fans fighting over souvenirs. Either of these could be seen as preventable by the league and any injuries would, of course, result in lawsuits. That's why there's no fine for handing the ball to a fan.

And let's face it, if the fine was only $100 to cover the ball, the way these guys act like they won the Super Bowl after every first down, they'd be out of balls by half time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bumbles247 said:

The fine amount doesn't just come out of the commissioner's but. The reason for the odd number ($7,017) is because the amounts are laid down in the CBA, and then have a 5% increase added on each year the CBA is in effect. In 2011 the fine for throwing the ball into the stands was $4,750. Do some math and you will wind up with $7,017 in 2019.

And the reason it seems so excessive is because the league doesn't want players making a habit out of it. There's not just an injury risk to some unsuspecting fan who gets one in the nose. There's also the potential to create fans fighting over souvenirs. Either of these could be seen as preventable by the league and any injuries would, of course, result in lawsuits. That's why there's no fine for handing the ball to a fan.

And let's face it, if the fine was only $100 to cover the ball, the way these guys act like they won the Super Bowl after every first down, they'd be out of balls by half time.

Just give it a week or so, we'll see so&so in the News sueing that the football knocked their thousand dollar Samsung Galaxy Note10 out of their hands, and, in the scrum to grab the $99.99 football, their phone got trampled...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...