LiterateStylish

Whaley dropping his pants for Clay

If Miami doesn't match the offer sheet:

Clay will average more per season than Greg Olsen, Jason Witten, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, and Jared Cook.

His guaranteed money will be more than Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis, and Jared Cook.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Lets compare his pay with those two years from now. He will be working for nothing the last years of his contract.

Now is the time to look forward as we put this dreadful Era behind.

rangeroamer.jpg

...If you include the cap we carried forward because we had an owner ( Ralph - RIP) who squeezed his nickels so tightly the buffaloes were shitting all over him, and include Clay's cap in those years, seems right about on target for the market.

Clay will average more per season than Greg Olsen, Jason Witten, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, and Jared Cook.

His guaranteed money will be more than Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis, and Jared Cook.

Please go away. This place is much better without you.

Holy Hell Batman, Chanlder gets 3.5 this year from the Pats, and Lee Smith gets 3.0 from the Raiders. Charles Clay is 2 mil/yr better than that...

In an inflationary economy, the latest price quote is always going to be highest. The best way to compare across years is amortized annual cost as a percentage of each year's salary cap.

I'm NOT an NFL Insider, BTW. Just a finance guy.

This message was not brought to you by Fang McFrost

how come we cant neg rep now? i would like to neg rep this post

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

chandler was a bargain imo, but the bills obviously decided he did not fit with what they planned to do. i find that hard to understand but they simply had to have what they thought was a great reason in their mind. and it wasnt to free up space for clay, that had nothing to do with it since they still dont know if they are gonna get him or not (i think they wont)

they obviously have decided they think clay is going to emerge as a consistent top ten guy at his position. they also will have weakened a division rival in the process. the question is whether they are right or not, which could go either way. seems more likely he will NOT live up to that contract than he will

seems quite risky to me but im not paid to make those calls either

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Who cares the salary cap is a myth

Tell this to the Dallas Cowboys, or the Denver Broncos, or Peyton Manning who took a paycut so the Broncos can sign some players.

I don't know about his blocking (I don't, not a comment), but in EYds, he's 17 out of 50 ranked TEs and in % caught when targeted, he's 16. So out of the tight ends likely available this year in free agency, this guy looks like the best. And the the best in any year is going to draw top dollar (shit, even Whitner got paid when he was up for FA, or look at Byrd).

In an inflationary economy, the latest price quote is always going to be highest. The best way to compare across years is amortized annual cost as a percentage of each year's salary cap.

I'm NOT an NFL Insider, BTW. Just a finance guy.

This message was not brought to you by Fang McFrost

Yeah, as another finance guy, this has always bothered me as well. Everyone flips out every year when a new QB becomes the highest paid in NFL history despite not being the best QB in the league. It's simply inflation.

And you also have to consider that Buffalo had to up the price a bit to make it difficult for Miami to match. This deal really isn't that bad; it's just front-loaded.

I don't know about his blocking (I don't, not a comment), but in EYds, he's 17 out of 50 ranked TEs and in % caught when targeted, he's 16. So out of the tight ends likely available this year in free agency, this guy looks like the best. And the the best in any year is going to draw top dollar (shit, even Whitner got paid when he was up for FA, or look at Byrd).

He rated as the #11 run blocking TE last year per PFF.

So, dispute what he said. Is it not true? Those look like facts to me.

And the Clay deal, in light of those facts, is asinine.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

Appears that most people agree with me.

Considering over 50% think he's done a C, D, or F this offseason.

http://www.buffalorange.com/hard-core-buffalo-bills-talk/215295-rate-gm-doug-whaleys-1st-week-free-agency-2015-a.html

Uh, no, not really. 37 say A/B, only 27 say D/F. 16 hold the C wait-and-see middle ground. Not that chat board consensus means anything anyways, but that distribution is clearly positive.

You weren't kidding about your match skills, were you?

EDIT:lit is a childish prick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feel better about the Watson trade yet?

https://twitter.com/MADmagazine/status/473898497021063168/photo/1

Strong aggresive signing for a player entering his prime.

Rex & Roman obviously wanted to bring his skill set to the Bills and will put him in place to succeed.

The talent we are gathering on Offense is very impressive.

Still need to add an O-Line Guy or Two and get good QB play..

Really been a fun and exciting off season. Focus on the now and we can adjust figures in the future for others

Are you a moron or do you just play one on the internet?

Lets take a look at what I said.

"over 50% think he's done a C, D, or F this offseason"

Would you like to re-do your math there?

Nothing wrong with your statement here Lit. I'm just wondering why you are so down on these moves? We did not get fred Jackson until he was twenty eight I think. From what I saw from the posters here, everybody loves them some freddy. I know he did not come with the milage Shaddy brings but when he turned thirty with two hard years I would have ecpected to hear more about him. Yet he was and is everyone's favorite bill.

Now is the time to look forward as we put this dreadful Era behind.

rangeroamer.jpg

Yet he was and is everyone's favorite bill.

Amen to that.

My Adopt-A-Bill for 2013 is WR Mat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(Wet Rubber Mat)

if (ToErr == objHuman)

{

objForgive = objDivine;

}

The dolphins are paying Cameron basically the same as we are playing clay, clay is a way better fit for our team and not the injury history so the price is the price.

Appears that most people agree with me.

Considering over 50% think he's done a C, D, or F this offseason.

http://www.buffalorange.com/hard-core-buffalo-bills-talk/215295-rate-gm-doug-whaleys-1st-week-free-agency-2015-a.html

It is the nature of fandom to underrate the performance of the GM, front office. The only fans who give their GM a good grade are the ones who just won the Superbowl. There are fans in Seattle right now who are ready to run the front office out of town for what they've done. Would you trade franchises with Seattle?

Fans are fickle and cynical by nature. You of all people should know that.

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius

Are you a moron or do you just play one on the internet?

Lets take a look at what I said.

"over 50% think he's done a C, D, or F this offseason"

Would you like to re-do your math there?

Over 50% think that they have done A/B/C work. Your inclusion of the noncommittal vote is you manipulating the data so it doesn't seem like you're in the minority. You are. Deal with it, childish moron.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feel better about the Watson trade yet?

https://twitter.com/MADmagazine/status/473898497021063168/photo/1

They "overpaid"...but you have to in this situation or you won't get him.

Time will tell but you would like to think that when you pay a guy like this, you envision him having a sizable role in your offense. The only way to justify this deal is if they see him as an ascending player who is a perfect scheme fit. They'd better be right.

And that poll was taken before the signings were done. If we land Clay I'm sure the grades would go up.