Sign in to follow this  
f8ta1ity54

You dont support the troops if...

I do know that part of the reason for the humanitarian disaster and multi faceted civil war (I never understood why a war where people who lived as neighbors for decades in relative peace and stability and then one day started shooting at each other is called a "civil" war) was the effects of climate change on two of the players in the region.   Lets make this as brief as possible.  Short story, starting in 2003 lots of Iraqis flee their homes to get away from the chaos brought on by our invasion of Iraq and toppling of the Hussein government.  However, things remained pretty stable until about 2006 when Syria started experiencing several failed harvests.  They turned to the EU and to the United States and we basically said go fuck yourselves.  However, the Assad government had a longtime ally and benefactor in the USSR and its largest successor state who filled the void and sold the Syrians grain.  With Russian assistance, things remained fairly stable.  There was some grain price inflation, but the average Syrian could afford to eat.  Things remained okay until 2010.  Sure with the Iraqi refugees who poured into Syria from 2003 on snuck in ISIS/Daesh, and Al Qaeda operatives and so oddly enough while Syria was experiencing harvest failures the seeds of civil war war being sown/sewn (its one of those words, but spelling has never been a strong point for me).  Anyways, things remained fairly stable until 2010.  Gibbster, what happened in 2010?  Well F8tality and anyone else who is interested, not only did Syria experience yet another harvest failure, but climate change hit Russia very hard as well.  Say what you want about Vladimir Putin, but like every other Russian leader he does not want to preside over a famine of the sort the Russian people and other peoples of the Former Russian Empire and Soviet Union experienced in the latter half of the 19th and early half of the 20th century.  So when Russia's harvest was of a much lower yield than expected, Putin canceled all grain exports including to Syria.  So what happened?

1. Grain prices went up and people could not make ends meet
2. Hungry people moved to the cities in search of food
3. Food prices continued to increase and soon there began protests
4. Like any other government fearing an insurrection, Assad called in the military to squash the protests and riots before they could coalesce into an anti-government movement
5.  Some of these troops turned on him
6. ISIS, Al Qaeda, and Hillary Clinton decided to exploit a horrid situation, a hunger crisis, to make a grab at toppling Assad and grabbing his oil and the Syrian arms market

The rest is history.

Speaking of history, it can be argued, and indeed has been argued that Climate Change led to the collapse of the Roman Empire, the Collapse of the Byzantine revival of the Empire, and the rise of Islam.  

So yes, climate change, be you Democrat, Republican, Green, Libertarian, or anything else is something that deserves attention.  Thing is, it might already be too late. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Herodotus said:

Speaking of history, it can be argued, and indeed has been argued that Climate Change led to the collapse of the Roman Empire, the Collapse of the Byzantine revival of the Empire, and the rise of Islam.  

So yes, climate change, be you Democrat, Republican, Green, Libertarian, or anything else is something that deserves attention.  Thing is, it might already be too late. 

If climate change was happening during the fall of the Roman Empire back in 476 AD why are the solutions trying to lower CO2 (plant food) emissions and not use fossil fuels to slow it down/ stop it?  I think climate change is a natural occurrence and we can’t do anything to change it.  Do I think we should take better care of the environment?  Yes, but not to the extent that the green new deal goes through.  Download the Inconvenient Facts app for more information.

I support the troops but the climate hoax can go get bent.  :niterider:

• Thanks 2

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

2 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

The climate change thing is nothing but a scam.  Fuck all that.  We were supposedly on the brink 5, 10, 15 years ago.  Still here.  It's all bullshit.  Don't be taken in.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

I support the troops but the climate hoax can go get bent.  :niterider:

Ocean acidification is not a scam and it will cause the next generations to get bent. If the acidification of the oceans reaches levels that destroy ocean wide ecosystems, we are fucked. There is a measurable increase of CO2 in the atmosphere and in the oceans. These are facts. You can deny them all you want but they are going to have a profound affect on the next generations and all life on the planet. Ocean water will spread acid rain and destroy more ecosystems. But yea, you know more than scientists I guess. You idiots will eat anything that the GOP spoon feeds you, and you can't support your arguments with any facts.

https://www.noaa.gov/education/resource-collections/ocean-coasts-education-resources/ocean-acidification

The US military acknowledges that climate change is real, so you clearly don't support the troops. That's how this works right? A football player takes a knee and you get all bent about it. But when climate change actually threatens the lives of service members, you deny it. What a time to be a live. The cognitive dissonance and mental gymnastics it takes to hold these two positions is astounding.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

These are facts.

Yeah, they're facts that are based off of data that was manipulated by the government.  I'll continue supporting the troops while denying climate change.  Thanks.  :niterider:

• Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

3 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

The climate change thing is nothing but a scam.  Fuck all that.  We were supposedly on the brink 5, 10, 15 years ago.  Still here.  It's all bullshit.  Don't be taken in.

The scam is the cap and trade system where the ultimate cost is passed to the consumer.

Companies will continue to pollute but consumers will pay more for everything.

• Thanks 2

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The govt is fully documented with the ability  to alter weather. But climate change is as bullshit as the cold war  and whst ever other fear mongering  they throw at the wall to see  what sticks to the dumbest populous  minds in the country /world. 

If climate change is real...there's not a  thing anyone can do to stop it anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Woody said:

Yeah, they're facts that are based off of data that was manipulated by the government.  I'll continue supporting the troops while denying climate change.  Thanks.  :niterider:

citation please.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

The govt is fully documented with the ability  to alter weather. But climate change is as bullshit as the cold war  and whst ever other fear mongering  they throw at the wall to see  what sticks to the dumbest populous  minds in the country /world. 

If climate change is real...there's not a  thing anyone can do to stop it anyway. 

citation please.

You're making assertions.

4 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

citation please.

Do a search for the word "pausebuster".  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Do a search for the word "pausebuster".  :niterider:

this was a paper written and spread by right wing media and debunked.

Next.

17 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

this was a paper written and spread by right wing media and debunked.

Next.

Okay f8, you're absolutely right about climate change.  I should have never questioned your expertise on the subject.  I'm going to start panicking about climate change after I finish my coffee and hopefully our troops appreciate it.  :niterider:

• Haha 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

BTW Climate change is real and the science supports it.

The problem is countries like Mexico and China and other countries where climate change laws are not enforced causing smog, environmental damage.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

35 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

citation please.

You're making assertions.

Assertions?  Look for yourself or stay in the dark. It's up to you. I'm not doing research  papers for every name on the internet. It's really easy and has been going on for decades.  They already admit to seeding clouds. Weather warfare is as common place  as toast in the morning.

49 minutes ago, Woody said:

Okay f8, you're absolutely right about climate change.  I should have never questioned your expertise on the subject.  I'm going to start panicking about climate change after I finish my coffee and hopefully our troops appreciate it.  :niterider:

I never claimed to be an expert. But I will follow the opinions of the experts until new data proves otherwise.

You are saying all data is a hoax no matter what it says.

Do you see the problem with this line of thinking?

1 hour ago, thinwhiteduke said:

The climate change thing is a total scam.  Correct.

39 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Assertions?  Look for yourself or stay in the dark. It's up to you. I'm not doing research  papers for every name on the internet. It's really easy and has been going on for decades.  They already admit to seeding clouds. Weather warfare is as common place  as toast in the morning.

If you want to change my mind I'm willing to look at all evidence. 

But I guess you already know you're full of shit.

5 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

The climate change thing is a total scam.  Correct,

So the scientists are lying for what reason exactly?

Is that reason more plausible than the smear campaign by the fossil fuel industry?

4 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

If you want to change my mind I'm willing to look at all evidence. 

But I guess you already know you're full of shit.

And in another thread you'll talk about kids inability  to think for themselves. If you want to know, you'll look.

50 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

BTW Climate change is real and the science supports it.

The problem is countries like Mexico and China and other countries where climate change laws are not enforced causing smog, environmental damage.

I mostly agree with you on this, cap and trade is a lot like when Wal-Mart has earth day sales.  Ah, I remember working there between by undergrad and graduate school.  They had all the "green" packaging out there around Earth Day and then well once the sales were over and the money was made any surviving green stuff was chucked in the garbage.  The sad thing about China though is that their carbon emissions regulations are somewhat more stringent than ours.  The problem is that China's dream is similar to ours, except that when a billion people all want a car, your carbon emissions are going to trump any emission regulations and when much of your industrial sector, even though its changing, embraces old Soviet technology with little care about emission of polutants you get Beijing's smog and health problems.  So when I say we should be concerned about climate change and we should do what we can to slow it down, we must not kid ourselves because it may already be too late to do much about it.

Remember  the oil shortage that was threatened  in 70s?  We aren't at mad max level yet lol.

And those killer bees that would take us over? .......

4 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

And in another thread you'll talk about kids inability  to think for themselves. If you want to know, you'll look.

That's not how logical arguments work you dingus.