Sign in to follow this  
Topas

Do you want Rivers in 2016?

What do you think? He might be available.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479669/article/philip-rivers-chargers-future-in-question-beyond-2015

interesting thought. Do not know too much about him. Seems to be an idiot that is good at throwing footballs. Maybe that would work with Rex...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Rivers to Buffalo? Of course. Why not?

But in the article it says "Rivers hasn't ruled out playing in Los Angeles, but he conceded a potential move is "part of" his thinking. There are cities that are more appealing to Rivers and his Southern roots". Buffalo does not fit this so that is working against us.

The article discusses Rivers being traded to the Titans, a team in the south with his former OC Ken Whisenhunt, for the #2 pick where the Chargers can draft his replacement Marcus Mariota. Makes too much sense. I could definitely see this happening.

It's stories like this that make me happy that Whaley is the GM and not the fans.

Fans bitching about every move we make because it's not a QB, regardless if there isn't a QB available to us (Fole and Bradford were not options even if we had a 1st rounder) don't see how we are setting up for a vet QB should one come available.

If Rivers decides to test the market what team is better suiting to go compete for a SUPERBOWL right now?

as reported by Fang McFrost, NFL Insider

Lady on these streets, Freak in the sheets.

Does anybody regularly watch games of the Chargers?

Numbers-wise he seems to have improved that last two years (especially 2013). Dont knwo how much a headcase he is or if this is only media-driven.

I also think that he is not big on snow. But if we offer a starting job with a very good team around him and a coach that he can relate to it might work. And next year we would not even have to trade for him. That only applies this year. Of course, if he goes to Ten this year, then the point is moot.

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

I'd rather have a young talent at QB than a proven but old QB heading into what will be his 13th season.

I'd rather have a young talent at QB than a proven but old QB heading into what will be his 13th season.

Clearly that's not an option.

Not for us, but it is an option for the Titans. If I were them I think I'd roll the dice with Mariota, and I'm not even a big fan of his.

So now both of the top two quarterbacks in the 2004 draft are refusing to play for the Chargers.

2019 Wish List

2. WR/TE Chase Claypool

3. RB Cam Akers Florida State

4. Edge Alton Robinson Syracuse

5.  S Tanner Muse Clemson

6. LB Shaquille Quarterman - The U

6. G Kevin Dotson La Lafeyette

7.  S L'jarius Sneed LA Tech

Would love to have Rivers. Always been a huge fan

With that said it won't happen. If you are the Bolts why would you just let him go ? I mean unless he absolutely starts to shit the bed he's their guy.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Uhhhhhhhhhh yes I would want Rivers. In a freakin' second.

Won't happen though. He's a picky southern boy...no chance he'd choose to sign with Buffalo.

If we had Rivers playing with the current roster now we'd be the favorite to win the east, and I don't think that would be up for debate.

Would love to have Rivers. Always been a huge fan

With that said it won't happen. If you are the Bolts why would you just let him go ? I mean unless he absolutely starts to shit the bed he's their guy.

Well, simply because the contact ends after next season ...

And he does not want to extend...

Ok, there is the franchise tag, I'll give you that