Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

An Amazing, Yet Shitty Stat

Good ol’ LiterateSullivan, always with some good news

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

I keep trying to tell people that the worst loss in Franchise history was not losing to Pittsburgh's 2nd and 3rds in 2004.  It was not losing to Oakland in 2014.  It was not that 56-10 skull fucking v. the Pats back in 2007.  Nor was it the forward lateral.  No, it was the game at Tampa in 2000.  You remember that game don't you?  No?  Okay, well lets go back in time to where you were 19 years less morbidly pessimistic.  Picture it, the Bills are 7-4.  Rob Johnson had just had something of a coming out party at Kansas City the week before.  The Bills are trailing 10-7 in the second, but Sam Cowart is taking over the game and its only a matter of time before the Bills offense scores a TD to take the lead and the way the D is playing there is no way the Bucs are going to win.  The Bills are going to be 8-4, just another routine march to the playoffs.  Then Cowart, oh fuck he's injured.  Then in the next three or four drives no less than five other defensive starters go down.  That game changed everything.  Gone were the never say die Bills, and onto the field came the finding aggravating ways to lose team we have all come to know and hate.  Gone came a mostly injury free team and here entered a team made of glass.  Gone was a team of heart, and here came a team going into Indy with a defeated Wade Philips saying neither of these teams is going to playoffs.  That was the single worst game in our history.  I hope to God we can beat the Eagles and take out the Skins.

Yup...remember it well...it was wet rainy game. I think Winfield and Pat Williams went down as well. Season over. It started the trend of mid season collapses this team is fond of. What I fear Sunday is not only losing but what come after. If they lose, ok. But I can’t shake the feeling if they lose it will start a downward spiral of shit. I can see losses piling up. Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Pats, Cowboys, Broncos....that’s 8 losses. Season over. 

1 minute ago, seandelevan said:

Yup...remember it well...it was wet rainy game. I think Winfield and Pat Williams went down as well. Season over. It started the trend of mid season collapses this team is fond of. What I fear Sunday is not only losing but what come after. If they lose, ok. But I can’t shake the feeling if they lose it will start a downward spiral of shit. I can see losses piling up. Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Pats, Cowboys, Broncos....that’s 8 losses. Season over. 

That is my biggest fear.  I want to tell myself surely not, but I -like you - have seen similar promising seasons turn to shit.  I remember 2011 too damn well.  A lot of very close games in the first half the season, we roll to 5-2.  Then Fitzpatrick gets a rib injury and 5-2 turns into 5-9.  That is the thing about this year's team.  I just cannot get a feel for them.  I look at their schedule and say you know they could start out 10-1, and very possibly go 13-3.  However, I can also see -because I have seen it before - them getting beaten up by Philly, and then free falling for the rest of the season and finishing up between 5-11 and 7-9.  The realist in me says, 10-1 start  with a 12-4 or 13-3 finish is expecting too much, and in all likelyhood they should have at least 4 more games they should win with.  So really, if we lose, but play close against the Eagles, then respond by beating Washington and any 2 of the next three and we go into Dallas at 8-3 then I think we are about where I expected and realistically speaking this is a 9 to 11 win team.  I will take that.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Meathead said:

im betting $5,000 on the bills losing this game

Surely, you must be joking

nope

heres the official receipt of the wager

eagles-bet.jpg

and heres the guy i borrowed the money from:

nastycanastabank.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Meathead said:

nope

heres the official receipt of the wager

eagles-bet.jpg

Yep, looks legit. 

141E37F2-0A6E-474D-B955-2E97E0A9AEA7.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Jerry Sullivan is the most negative person alive. It kills him that Buffalo is 5-1

4 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Jerry Sullivan is the most negative person alive. It kills him that Buffalo is 5-1

Well, stats are indeed facts. It’s not like he made them up.

Sullivan is indeed a choad. But that was a fact he gave us. And man is it bad. 

Big game on Sunday. I also feel it could set the tone for the next 4-5 games. Beat the desperate Eagles and we could jettison into something special. Lose and I could certainly see the downward spiral some fear. 

• Thanks 1

I will not be a bit surprised if the Eagles gave us a non- lube, ass raping whooping on Sunday. And with season or career ending injuries to Josh Allen, Singletary, Gore, Edmunds, Milano and Brown.

• Haha 1

I think that after the way they allowed the dolphins to stay in the game on Sunday, the Bill's come out and take it to a somewhat surprised Eagles, winning 31-17

I think Bills fans have been burned so many times recently with good starts (2008, 2011, even 2017 when we squeaked into the playoffs) that a lot of us, myself included, are just conditioned to expect the bottom to drop out.

Says Bills were never even 6-4, in 08 after starting 5-1,they lost 3 straight but won the next game against KC and put up over 50 if I remember correctly, to get to 6-4.