Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Kurdish military leader thanks President Trump, credits him for negotiating ceasefire

Recommended Posts

Kurdish military leader thanks President Trump, credits him for negotiating ceasefire

President Trump is receiving praise for his role in negotiating a Syrian ceasefire, which is undercutting reports alleging Kurdish forces are unhappy with the U.S. The military leader of the Syrian Kurds issued a statement through a spokesperson expressing his gratitude.

General Mazloum Abdi credited President Trump’s efforts for stopping the Turkish offensive. He went on to say the U.S. has promised to maintain a partnership with Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

BREAKING: #SDF Commander thanks @POTUS "for his tireless efforts that stopped the brutal Turkish attack"

Gen Mazloum Abdi also says US promised "long term support at various spheres" pic.twitter.com/CEdwGyEghA

— Jeff Seldin (@jseldin) October 23, 2019

 

 
 

This comes after President Trump confirmed he spoke with the Kurdish commander Wednesday.

“General Mazloum has assured me that ISIS is under very, very strict lock and key, and the detention facilities are being strongly maintained,” he stated. “There were a few that got out, a small number relatively speaking, and they have been largely recaptured.”

Soon after, President Trump issued a tweet thanking the Kurdish commander for his kind words, and sent his regards to the Kurdish people.

Thank you General Mazloum for your kind words and courage. Please extend my warmest regards to the Kurdish people. I look forward to seeing you soon. @mustefabali

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 23, 2019


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

 

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

 

- Howard Beale, Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Syrian Kurdish Leader Likens U.S. Move to Genocide as U.S. Soldiers Pelted by Civilians

Angry residents hurl potatoes at vehicles, accusing America of lying as troops move out of northeast Syria amid Turkish incursion

A leader of Syrian Kurdish forces who have been attacked by Turkey says President Donald Trump's withdrawal of U.S. troops from northern Syria was "akin to genocide."

 

Ilham Ahmed also tells reporters that her message to Trump is "Stop these massacres."

 

Ahmed was in Washington for meetings Monday. Among those she saw were senators who have sponsored a bipartisan measure sanctioning Turkey until it halts its invasion of northern Syria.

Two of those sponsors are South Carolina Republican Lindsey Graham and Maryland Democrat Chris Van Hollen.

Angry over the U.S. withdrawal from Syria, residents of a Kurdish-dominated city pelted departing American military vehicles with potatoes Monday as they drove through. 

Related Articles

A video by the Kurdish news agency showed a convoy of armored vehicles driving through the northeastern city of Qamishli. People in the street hurled potatoes at the vehicles, shouting, "No America," and "America liar," in English.

"Like rats, America is running away," one man shouted in Arabic. Another shouted obscenities and talked of babies in Kurdish-held who have died in the Turkish offensive.

The scene encapsulated the Kurds' feelings of betrayal and added a new indignity to an American withdrawal that has been rushed and saw several close brushes with Turkish-backed forces. The Kurds were stunned when President Donald Trump two weeks ago abruptly decided to pull U.S. troops out of border areas, abandoning their allied Kurdish-backed fighters ahead of Turkey's invasion. After the assault began Oct. 9, Trump ordered a general withdrawal from Syria.

At another location, near the town of Tal Tamr, a group of protesters raised banners to departing US troops late Sunday, according to an Associated Press video.

One man blocked the way of a U.S. van with a poster reading: "Thanks for US people, but Trump betrayed us."

The Kurdish-led force were the U.S.'s ally in the long and bloody fight that eventually brought down the Islamic State group's rule over northeast and eastern Syria. Abandoned by U.S. forces, the Kurds agreed to a cease-fire deal brokered by Washington that requires them to leave a section of the border, handing it over to Turkish-backed forces.

 
 

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HipKat said:

Syrian Kurdish Leader Likens U.S. Move to Genocide as U.S. Soldiers Pelted by Civilians

Angry residents hurl potatoes at vehicles, accusing America of lying as troops move out of northeast Syria amid Turkish incursion

A leader of Syrian Kurdish forces who have been attacked by Turkey says President Donald Trump's withdrawal of U.S. troops from northern Syria was "akin to genocide."

 

Ilham Ahmed also tells reporters that her message to Trump is "Stop these massacres."

 

Ahmed was in Washington for meetings Monday. Among those she saw were senators who have sponsored a bipartisan measure sanctioning Turkey until it halts its invasion of northern Syria.

Two of those sponsors are South Carolina Republican Lindsey Graham and Maryland Democrat Chris Van Hollen.

Angry over the U.S. withdrawal from Syria, residents of a Kurdish-dominated city pelted departing American military vehicles with potatoes Monday as they drove through. 

Related Articles

A video by the Kurdish news agency showed a convoy of armored vehicles driving through the northeastern city of Qamishli. People in the street hurled potatoes at the vehicles, shouting, "No America," and "America liar," in English.

"Like rats, America is running away," one man shouted in Arabic. Another shouted obscenities and talked of babies in Kurdish-held who have died in the Turkish offensive.

The scene encapsulated the Kurds' feelings of betrayal and added a new indignity to an American withdrawal that has been rushed and saw several close brushes with Turkish-backed forces. The Kurds were stunned when President Donald Trump two weeks ago abruptly decided to pull U.S. troops out of border areas, abandoning their allied Kurdish-backed fighters ahead of Turkey's invasion. After the assault began Oct. 9, Trump ordered a general withdrawal from Syria.

At another location, near the town of Tal Tamr, a group of protesters raised banners to departing US troops late Sunday, according to an Associated Press video.

One man blocked the way of a U.S. van with a poster reading: "Thanks for US people, but Trump betrayed us."

The Kurdish-led force were the U.S.'s ally in the long and bloody fight that eventually brought down the Islamic State group's rule over northeast and eastern Syria. Abandoned by U.S. forces, the Kurds agreed to a cease-fire deal brokered by Washington that requires them to leave a section of the border, handing it over to Turkish-backed forces.

 
 

Does Trump EVER do ANYTHING right in your eyes?  The answer is obviously no.  That speaks more to you than to the President.  The truth hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Does Trump EVER do ANYTHING right in your eyes?  The answer is obviously no.  That speaks more to you than to the President.  The truth hurts.

My eyes have nothing to do with it. He just doesn’t do anything right or anything he does do right is completely overshadowed by everything that he does wrong, which is just about everything.

 

either way, the post that you quoted is not an opinion. It’s a news story so how I feel has nothing to do with it. The reason I posted it was as a rebuttal to the OP


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HipKat said:

My eyes have nothing to do with it. He just doesn’t do anything right or anything he does do right is completely overshadowed by everything that he does wrong, which is just about everything.

 

either way, the post that you quoted is not an opinion. It’s a news story so how I feel has nothing to do with it. The reason I posted it was as a rebuttal to the OP

LOL.  So predictable.  It must suck to lean left.  How do you cats sleep at night?  Seriously.  To be on the wrong side of so many things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BuffaBri said:

Again another one of you news sources suck.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-america-news-network/

Factual Reporting: MIXED

It really blows that so many people eat this shit up. You know CNN, MSNBC, NPR and others may be left leaning but that's because they tell the truth based on facts.

Oh bullshit.  Come on, guy.  How can you say that with any honesty?  That's what you want to believe.  Doesn't make it true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BuffaBri said:

Again another one of you news sources suck.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-america-news-network/

Factual Reporting: MIXED

It really blows that so many people eat this shit up. You know CNN, MSNBC, NPR and others may be left leaning but that's because they tell the truth based on facts.

If you're only reporting facts, how can you lean one way or the other?  Your thinking is nonsense.  "Truth BASED ON FACTS", my ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it looks like shit and smells like shit and tastes like shit then guess what?

The only thing worse that the people who read and believe the bullshit stories are the people who put them out there to begin with.

The big thing for me when I watch fox news is more so what they don't report on like if they just don't talk about it then it never happened.

And yes facts are the truth and lies are not facts tell me how I am wrong.

 

FOX news

Factual Reporting: MIXED

In review, FNC publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard” and “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.” When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a very poor record with fact checkers, as well as credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Fox News is also known to publish right wing conspiracy theories, although after being sued they retracted the story. FNC has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact.

 

CNN

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

MSNBC

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/

Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

NPR

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/

Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BuffaBri said:

If it looks like shit and smells like shit and tastes like shit then guess what?

The only thing worse that the people who read and believe the bullshit stories are the people who put them out there to begin with.

The big thing for me when I watch fox news is more so what they don't report on like if they just don't talk about it then it never happened.

And yes facts are the truth and lies are not facts tell me how I am wrong.

FOX news

Factual Reporting: MIXED

In review, FNC publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard” and “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.” When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a very poor record with fact checkers, as well as credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Fox News is also known to publish right wing conspiracy theories, although after being sued they retracted the story. FNC has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact.

CNN

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

MSNBC

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/

Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

NPR

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/

Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH

Good lord, you are such a sucker.  There is no "news" anymore.   It's ALL opinion be it FOX or MSNBC or whoever.  People watch whatever network to hear what they WANT to hear.  Don't even try to say that CNN or MSNBC or NPR are the good truthful folks as opposed to the shameful "liars" over at FOX.  Pure total bullshit and you should know better and you would if not for your biases.  No propaganda coming from the left loving media????  LOL.  Go peddle that crap elsewhere.  You can lie to yourself,  but don't lie to me.  I'll call you on it gladly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BuffaBri said:

If it looks like shit and smells like shit and tastes like shit then guess what?

The only thing worse that the people who read and believe the bullshit stories are the people who put them out there to begin with.

The big thing for me when I watch fox news is more so what they don't report on like if they just don't talk about it then it never happened.

And yes facts are the truth and lies are not facts tell me how I am wrong.

FOX news

Factual Reporting: MIXED

In review, FNC publishes stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “’They Wanted It to Blow Up’: Limbaugh Says Success of Trump-Kim Summit Caught Media Off Guard” and “Tucker: 2016 Russia Collusion ‘Witch Hunt’ Now Extends to Jill Stein.” When it comes to sourcing they typically utilize pro-Trump pundits such as Rush Limbaugh who has a very poor record with fact checkers, as well as credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Fox News is also known to publish right wing conspiracy theories, although after being sued they retracted the story. FNC has also been deemed the least accurate cable news source according to Politifact.

CNN

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

MSNBC

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/

Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

NPR

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/

Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH

Oh, and these sources are complete trash.  Once again being propped up by those saying what you want to hear.  MSNBC and fellow travelers are not any better or more honest than FOX.  They're all corrupt.  Don't be a dummy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffaBri said:

 

man, idk howtf MSNBC gets a mostly factual. that station is like the mirror image of faux news. i cant even watch them anymore, its like i catch a lie every twenty seconds, same as fox

i think we need a fact check on media bias fact check

 

  • Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

 

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CNN: Mostly Factual? LOL.

OMG. That just killed that website's credibility in an instant.

Ok this website is run by Dave Van Zandt, here's info from their FAQ:

Media Bias Fact Check, LLC is a Limited Liability Company owned solely by Dave Van Zandt. He also makes all final editing and publishing decisions.

Who in the heck is Dave Van Zandt?

Dave M. Van Zandt obtained a Communications Degree before pursuing a higher degree in the sciences. Dave currently works full time in the health care industry. Dave has spent more than 20 years as an arm chair researcher on media bias and its role in political influence. For the record, he also is not the President of the New School, that is a different David E. Van Zandt who is the head of a liberal college in New York City. I am an unaffiliated voter from North Carolina.

Does Media Bias/Fact Check have any employees?

Yes and no. At the moment we have five volunteers who perform source research, writing and assist in fact checking. We hope to be able to offer pay for their services in the future as the website grows.

SO this trusted news site of yours is run by 1 guy in North Carolina who calls himself an expert. Thanks for the laughs BuffaBri!

  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

 

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

 

- Howard Beale, Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, these actions reinforce the common denominator of our mid-East policy (Republican or Democrat) is Oil.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, foster said:

If anything, these actions reinforce the common denominator of our mid-East policy (Republican or Democrat) is Oil.  

Very true and we don't need their blood oil anymore since we're doing fine on our own.


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

 

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

 

- Howard Beale, Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Good lord, you are such a sucker.  There is no "news" anymore.   It's ALL opinion be it FOX or MSNBC or whoever.  People watch whatever network to hear what they WANT to hear.  Don't even try to say that CNN or MSNBC or NPR are the good truthful folks as opposed to the shameful "liars" over at FOX.  Pure total bullshit and you should know better and you would if not for your biases.  No propaganda coming from the left loving media????  LOL.  Go peddle that crap elsewhere.  You can lie to yourself,  but don't lie to me.  I'll call you on it gladly.

Dude, you are the sucker. I understand that you don’t believe me and that’s actually quite sad and pathetic. But you are the one that is completely taken in by right wing media bias. Before you say anything, I don’t watch or listen to mainstream media other than a couple of shows here and there but overall I listen to POTUS, an alternative news outlet on SiriusXM. One day dude, the light Will go on for you and you’re going to get a rude awakening.

 

when you see the video of the Kurds throwing things at the Americans, holding up signs that call your president a traitor and begging the Americans to not go, that’s not bullshit. That really happened! It’s on fucking video. The whole world saw it, except you I guess


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Very true and we don't need their blood oil anymore since we're doing fine on our own.

Which is why I was completely caught off guard by the statement that we are protecting the oil. Like, why? I thought we don’t need their oil anymore?


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meathead said:

man, idk howtf MSNBC gets a mostly factual. that station is like the mirror image of faux news. i cant even watch them anymore, its like i catch a lie every twenty seconds, same as fox

i think we need a fact check on media bias fact check

EXACTLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HipKat said:

Dude, you are the sucker. I understand that you don’t believe me and that’s actually quite sad and pathetic. But you are the one that is completely taken in by right wing media bias. Before you say anything, I don’t watch or listen to mainstream media other than a couple of shows here and there but overall I listen to POTUS, an alternative news outlet on SiriusXM. One day dude, the light Will go on for you and you’re going to get a rude awakening.

when you see the video of the Kurds throwing things at the Americans, holding up signs that call your president a traitor and begging the Americans to not go, that’s not bullshit. That really happened! It’s on fucking video. The whole world saw it, except you I guess

So let me get this straight, POTUS on Sirius is your idea of an objective news source???  LOL.  All I need to hear.  You have no credibility based on that statement alone.  I'm not "taken in" by anything.  I have already said that EVERY news network is not news and nothing but opinion.  That would include FOX.  Nice of you to ignore that.  There is no news or journalism anymore.  Become educated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

So let me get this straight, POTUS on Sirius is your idea of an objective news source???  LOL.  All I need to hear.  You have no credibility based on that statement alone.  I'm not "taken in" by anything.  I have already said that EVERY news network is not news and nothing but opinion.  That would include FOX.  Nice of you to ignore that.  There is no news or journalism anymore.  Become educated. 

Yes the news channel that has both left and right wing views and every Sunday night has a left and right wing panel that discuss the issues is very biased. Dude Cloverfield needs another cameraman for the next sequel, hud


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Yes the news channel that has both left and right wing views and every Sunday night has a left and right wing panel that discuss the issues is very biased. Dude Cloverfield needs another cameraman for the next sequel, hud

You're hopeless.  The anti-Trump bias on POTUS is more than obvious.  Think whatever you want, of course.  LOL.  I won't be changing your point of view and you aren't about to change mine.  I sleep just fine at night and can't wait to vote against the loony left yet again.  Trump is nowhere near perfect, but he keeps me amused and he's FAR better than any democrat alternative out there.  When the democrats start talking about things like redistribution of wealth, "free" college and reparations, they can just fuck off in my opinion.  You would have to be mighty stupid to fall for their empty promises, dishonesty, foolishness and lies.  Have a great weekend.   😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

You're hopeless.  The anti-Trump bias on POTUS is more than obvious.  Think whatever you want, of course.  LOL.  I won't be changing your point of view and you aren't about to change mine.  I sleep just fine at night and can't wait to vote against the loony left yet again.  Trump is nowhere near perfect, but he keeps me amused and he's FAR better than any democrat alternative out there.  When the democrats start talking about things like redistribution of wealth, "free" college and reparations, they can just fuck off in my opinion.  You would have to be mighty stupid to fall for their empty promises, dishonesty, foolishness and lies.  Have a great weekend.   😁 

The "Anti-Trump bias" is based on HIS actions. Trump brings this shit on himself. You think anyone that is being honest is going to speak glowingly about him?? 


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

You would have to be mighty stupid to fall for their empty promises, dishonesty, foolishness and lies.  

two words:

eye ron knee

  • Like 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

 

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...