Sign in to follow this  

He just doubled down and said that staying in NE is the LEAST likely scenario for Tom Brady.

Out of his options (staying, leaving, or retiring), he is essentially saying that he is not staying in NE. He’ll either retire or play for another team.

Florio hypothesized yesterday that Brady’s agent is feeding Schefter this info in order to drum up interest for Brady this offseason. He made the point that teams make their plans for the offseason right now and Brady’s agent wants teams to know he will be available.

and out of all the sports reporters in the World, Schefter and Florio are among the best.

Agreed on Shefter and Florio being good but I can't see this being true. At least the part about playing for another team. Retire? I can see that. Another go with the Cheats ? I can see that too although it depends on whether they win it all or not IMO. But to play for someone else. I mean, nah. Can't be true. 

• Thanks 1

I agree. He has nothing left to accomplish. And nobody wants to see him go to another team and Paul a Peyton burning or eight Brett Favre and finish his career looking like a crippled shell of his former self. 20 years is an exceptionally long time for a quarterback. That just never happens so, maybe it’s time to just ride off into the sunset

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

He just doubled down and said that staying in NE is the LEAST likely scenario for Tom Brady.

Out of his options (staying, leaving, or retiring), he is essentially saying that he is not staying in NE. He’ll either retire or play for another team.

Florio hypothesized yesterday that Brady’s agent is feeding Schefter this info in order to drum up interest for Brady this offseason. He made the point that teams make their plans for the offseason right now and Brady’s agent wants teams to know he will be available.

and out of all the sports reporters in the World, Schefter and Florio are among the best.

Father time is finally catching up to old Tommy.  Pretty obvious.  Time to call it a day after this season.  Why wreck the legacy?  We'll see.

For someone supposedly decrepit and fading into oblivion, he is playing annoyingly (as a Bills denizen) well.  Could see him retiring, but doubt that.  Wonder if he wants to go the WC and play for his hometown Niners?  Garrapolo has been underwhelming this year. And, his parents and extended family are out there.  Most of this noise and nonsense usually turns out to be BS, but you never know...  The sooner he leaves NE, the better.  How about Billy-cheat, how old is he, and when is his contract up?

Doesn't anyone think he wants to leave to prove that He is the reason they won so much in NE and not Belicheat?  Obviously they have been a great duo but maybe he thinks he can do it elsewhere and wants to try and prove that. 

Sign me up for 2 years of Brady at 80M guaranteed.

Or give him a 1 year 50M contract next year and go all in for 2020.

I'm not even joking.  Remember when Jordan was year to year with the Bulls?  25-30-33M a year deals.  That was 20 years ago.

90M in cap space and one year of the goat at 50M.  Sell my fucking soul right now.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Brady bought a house in Connecticut so I don't see him going anywhere.

6 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Brady bought a house in Connecticut so I don't see him going anywhere.

The larger cities in Connecticut are nowhere near Foxborough. 

Like 2,3,4 hours away. 

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

Like 2,3,4 hours away. 

Exactly, and the traffic on any of the Interstate Hwys from CT to Foxborough is outrageously bad.  Had to drive this for work many times, and dreaded it always!

8 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Like 2,3,4 hours away. 

I don't think he needs to limit himself to the cities considering they're worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Phillip Rivers still lives in San Diego and commutes to LA every day so it's not unheard of.

• Thanks 1

I'd rather the Bill's force Marsha to retire from extreme butthurt, but if this is how it ends for the 1 with asterisks,  then so be it...

7 minutes ago, theAteam said:

I don't think he needs to limit himself to the cities considering they're worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Phillip Rivers still lives in San Diego and commutes to LA every day so it's not unheard of.

Rivers said it's only an hour drive from where he lives in SD to LA.

Big difference vs a 3-4 hour drive.

BOTH ways.

13 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Rivers said it's only an hour drive from where he lives in SD to LA.

Big difference vs a 3-4 hour drive.

BOTH ways.

NYC to Boston is 3 hours. I know, I drove it in a semi many times

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roc_to_SD_BillsFan said:

Doesn't anyone think he wants to leave to prove that He is the reason they won so much in NE and not Belicheat?  Obviously they have been a great duo but maybe he thinks he can do it elsewhere and wants to try and prove that. 

I was discussing that earlier with a co-worker. He thinks Brady wants to get one ring without Billy B to show the world what a great talent he is. I say if he goes somewhere else the gig will be up and we'll see just how average he is. It would be epic for him to split town only to fall flat on his face somewhere else just like every dead branch of a coach from the Belicheat coaching tree.

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

I was discussing that earlier with a co-worker. He thinks Brady wants to get one ring without Billy B to show the world what a great talent he is. I say if he goes somewhere else the gig will be up and we'll see just how average he is. It would be epic for him to split town only to fall flat on his face somewhere else just like every dead branch of a coach from the Belicheat coaching tree.

Be interesting to see if he truly was/is a system QB.  Like  a lot of star college QBs when they try to go Pro.  Then again he is trying to prove that at an advanced age for any NFL player.

If he's going anywhere, its somewhere to win, that to me leaves very few teams that need a stop gap and can win now.  You are looking at Minn, Indy, maybe Jax (but not going to deal w Moron), Chicago.  These are the only teams, built to win and with needs at qb, I'd guess Indy will roll with Brissett, Jax with whoever they have, and Elway will try to pull him to Denver, but that window is closed.  Minn makes sense bc Chicago has to give up on Trubisky to make the move.

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

It’s not even that he might be mediocre at this point in his career, but chances are if he goes somewhere else, he’s not gonna have the same players around him. He’s not going to have the same schemes that have been designed to his abilities. It’s not going to be the same coaching staff

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC2007 said:

If he's going anywhere, its somewhere to win, that to me leaves very few teams that need a stop gap and can win now.  You are looking at Minn, Indy, maybe Jax (but not going to deal w Moron), Chicago.  These are the only teams, built to win and with needs at qb, I'd guess Indy will roll with Brissett, Jax with whoever they have, and Elway will try to pull him to Denver, but that window is closed.  Minn makes sense bc Chicago has to give up on Trubisky to make the move.

What about... *gasp*... Denver? Average Joe isn't getting it done.

3 hours ago, BertSquirtgum said:

All this talk about him leaving....Ever think he's just done and planning on retiring after this year?

Don't get people's hopes up any higher than they are

Schefter should have also mentioned that the Sanu trade means there's another #12 in town...................................................more signs pointing to Brady leaving LOL!!

On 10/24/2019 at 8:11 PM, BertSquirtgum said:

All this talk about him leaving....Ever think he's just done and planning on retiring after this year?

You know what the worst part is? After he's done playing some network will give him an announcing job and we'll still have to listen to his whiny ass every Sunday.

brady.jpg

• Like 1