official mh the geek® odds on the clay saga now that the offer is on the table:

36.247% fish decline match, clay signs with bills

61.83834730349% fish take all five days and match offer just before the deadline even tho they knew within five seconds of seeing the offer they would thus breaking the hearts of bills fans everywhere but possibly doing them a favor in the long run

There is no way the Phins tie that much money into 2 TE's, unless they plan to trade him. I'd be pissed if the Bills signed Cameron then turned around and signed Clay. This isnt a Gronks/Hernandez type situation cuz neither of these guys are Gronks.

why didn't we just go after Graham?

I have no doubt this team wants to win. but they have no clue as to how to go about doing so....no idea where to even start.

This is not a trade. Graham was. Who on our roster would you have had to give up for him? My guess would be something significant. This is all about money/cap space.

I agree that the plan might be to renegotiate the contract after one year. Pretty clever if the player promises to do this while he will not do it for the marine mammals.

ButI disagree about the part with 'any QB will look like an Allpro'.

It feels great that it looks like players actually want to play for the Bills. Unknown feeling for me....

Thanks Tim (Terry and Kim)

That seems like a slippery slope. The player could say, sure we'll renegotiate and then decline to do so. I've seen it brought up somewhere else that the Dolphins could sign him and then renegotiate next year as well. It's possible that would piss Clay off and he ends up sitting out camp/pre-season and causes trouble.

I believe I've seen that Suh can make some changes to his deal next year to save some of that ridiculous cap hit. It wouldn't surprise me for a second to see Miami match Buffalo's offer.

One thing that seems to be a common occurrence with all of these deals and re-working of contracts is they are loading up cap hits for this year and next. I assume they're trying to have as much cap space available for Dareus, Gilmore, and Glenn, which is a good call.

Terry Pegula talking about Rex Ryan

"This guy right here tells his realtor, 'Where does the most snow fall in the area? I want to live there.' How Buffalo is that?"

The moment the transition tag went on him, the bills had to over pay to get him here. A fair market deal kept him in Miami. It's obvious the fish hold him in high regard or else they wouldn't have tagged him. The Dolphins could match out of spite and figure out their cap mess next year. I believe I read that Suh's huge cap number next year can be converted to signing bonus and free up 20+ million.

YIPPIE KAI YAY MF'ER!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree that the plan might be to renegotiate the contract after one year. Pretty clever if the player promises to do this while he will not do it for the marine mammals.

ButI disagree about the part with 'any QB will look like an Allpro'.

It feels great that it looks like players actually want to play for the Bills. Unknown feeling for me....

Thanks Tim (Terry and Kim)

I think there are two things at work here:

1. Pegulas' money and

2. Guys want to play for Rex.

With that said, this is a brand-new feeling. Happy for this year, just wondering what the next few years are going to be like unless we can get out of the cap jail that I think we are locking ourselves into.

I keep hearing about cap jail.

I keep hearing about how the New Orleans Saints are in cap jail.

Sure they had to trade Jimmy Graham, but they got a pro bowler at a position of need, and a 1st rounder.

And they signed Spiller.

They make FA moves every year.

So I'm going to conclude that there is really no such thing as cap jail. The cap rises and you can alsways move money around, cut and trade guys etc....

The cap is just a way to prevent Jerry Jones from spending $300mill on his roster.

as reported by Fang McFrost, NFL Insider

Lady on these streets, Freak in the sheets.

This is not like hockey,baseball, or baseball the contracts are not 100% guaranteed

I keep hearing about cap jail.

I keep hearing about how the New Orleans Saints are in cap jail.

Sure they had to trade Jimmy Graham, but they got a pro bowler at a position of need, and a 1st rounder.

And they signed Spiller.

They make FA moves every year.

So I'm going to conclude that there is really no such thing as cap jail. The cap rises and you can alsways move money around, cut and trade guys etc....

The cap is just a way to prevent Jerry Jones from spending $300mill on his roster.

? They also unloaded Curtis Lofton and Ben Grubbs over cap reasons, brought in one defender (a backup DE) after their D collapsed last year, and they are still projected at being nearly 4 million over when their picks get signed.

New Orleans rolled the dice on 2013 and 2014 and came up snake eyes. Now they are trying to re-tool on the fly while not pissing off Drew Brees, who might become a cap casualty himself next year.

They are still eight million over the cap.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

I don't have a link at the moment but I read recently that with the cap increase next year and the way the Bills have structured their current deals they should not have a problem signing Dareus and Gilmore. We also have Mario's deal that can be reworked to lessen his cap hit. There are also a few deals coming off the books next year (Harvin, Jackson, Brown just off the top of my head).

I highly doubt Whaley and the front office would be making some of the deals if they knew it would bite them in the ass next year. He realizes that this team is limited without a qb and that he can't be jeopardizing a future team that might actually have a shot at the SB.

? They also unloaded Curtis Lofton and Ben Grubbs over cap reasons, brought in one defender (a backup DE) after their D collapsed last year, and they are still projected at being nearly 4 million over when their picks get signed.

New Orleans rolled the dice on 2013 and 2014 and came up snake eyes. Now they are trying to re-tool on the fly while not pissing off Drew Brees, who might become a cap casualty himself next year.

They are still eight million over the cap.

They aren't getting rid of Bree's. They resigned Ingram and signed Spiller.

Obviously they are making some salary moves, but how much worse have they really gotten? They will just run the ball more and take pressure off Brees which is smart.

Worrying about these contracts is a waste of time.

as reported by Fang McFrost, NFL Insider

Lady on these streets, Freak in the sheets.

They aren't getting rid of Bree's. They resigned Ingram and signed Spiller.

Obviously they are making some salary moves, but how much worse have they really gotten? They will just run the ball more and take pressure off Brees which is smart.

How much better did they get either? They had a top 10 offense last year and couldn't get into the playoffs because of their D, which has gotten worse.

Worrying about these contracts is a waste of time.

This is the time to think about them, rather than waiting for a disaster like Detroit just went through. Detroit lost two 1st rounders on the interior DL because they didn't plan ahead for it, and only got bailed out when a non-conference team had a Hall of Famer they didn't want to pay. If Ngata had restructured to stay in Baltimore, Detroit would have been totally fucked.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

big risk. not really sure why hes worth five mil more per season than chandler

Let us all beseech the deities that Clay does not become the Bills version of Ville Leino...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible."

- Deepak Chopra

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."

- Denis Waitley: Motivational speaker and writer

actually its not really a gag thread since there really was a clay and he really signed. same thing with the gay signs thread

bills sign askew, now THAT was a gag thread

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Agreed.

You guys have had one weird offseason.

Some good moves and some retarded ones.

"Retarded". Right...

67a3a9ac-340d-4e82-afbe-b123de3dd879_zpsns0ybriy.jpg

"Retarded". Right...

Don't feel bad. He says the same things about our signings.

the fish have generally done well in facy so far imo. you can build a team around suh, assuming hes matured and doesnt suck the team down. they paid a ransom but theres no end in sight to player salary escalation its probably manageable, just like mario in a way. they swapped a problem child wr for a less imposing but still good whatshisname. and at least one good te maybe two if they decide to match for clay. they still got oline problems, like the bills, and nobody behind rita moreno or w/e his name is

tannobricks is gonna decide their fate anyway. if he continues to progress and cleans up some stuff he could be a low end franchise guy, good enough. obviously i am rooting as hard as i can against that but you know. this other stuff wont matter if they dont get tanny right. ej isnt as far along with the bills but its similar, neither team has anybody good behind them and need their starter to progress. fish are in a slightly better position in that regard but that could change dramatically this season

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

With us bringing in Crabtree today... I think that spells the end for Clay in Miami.

I hope so.

FIRE DARCY REGIER AND LINDY RUFF

Was dissappointed about this contract. Not sure I am so sad. No better FA's and not better in the draft. This is the best lastTEavaiable and yes he matches teh OC criteria perfectly.

With us bringing in Crabtree today... I think that spells the end for Clay in Miami.

I sure hope you're right.

Landing Clay would be huge, IMO. Not only does it upgrade our TE position, but it takes a young and talented player away from the Phins!

N

In Jimbo I Trust