Sign in to follow this  
Laughing Coffin

The deep ball isn't used as much around the league as we are all acting like it is

Honestly, I think MCD coaches the long ball out of Allen, or they really don't practice the long ball as an emphasis of offense.   I mean he had it in the last half of last year.  Foster and him literally tearing it up...then 2nd yr comes around a short and intermediate routes are clearly the emphasis....itd be nice to use Allen's arm on the 1st play to establish the the tone of the game by dropping 65 yd dimes.  If Allen can get his groove back along with the short stuff...he really will growing.

5 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

Honestly, I think MCD coaches the long ball out of Allen, or they really don't practice the long ball as an emphasis of offense.   I mean he had it in the last half of last year.  Foster and him literally tearing it up...then 2nd yr comes around a short and intermediate routes are clearly the emphasis....itd be nice to use Allen's arm on the 1st play to establish the the tone of the game by dropping 65 yd dimes.  If Allen can get his groove back along with the short stuff...he really will growing.

FYI Allen is 0/14 in both 2018 and 2019 on go/fly routes.  All his connections deep were deep posts/crosses

Teams are playing Allen to force him to drop a ball into the bucket on the sideline, it's never been a strength of his.  Look at this scouting report (the bottom highlighted)