Sign in to follow this  
The Beef

Allen 4th Quarter Stats

The question is how do we get that kind of production from him the rest of the game? How can we convince him that there's only 10 minutes left in regulation for the entire game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His press conference after the game was very telling. I couldn’t hear the question but his reply was something like “I need to calm my nerves and calm down”. 

Sounds like maybe a mental thing. 

John Elway was very good at 4th Quarter come back wins. Elway had 31 4th quarter comeback wins in his career.

Allen is still a young QB that is developing but having some traits that are similar with Elway is a positive. 

Daboll and Allen need to work on having the offense be more consistent through out the entire game and not struggling in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could play calling have something to do with it?   When the crap hits the fan he plays great or does the coaching staff take off the diapers?

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

His press conference after the game was very telling. I couldn’t hear the question but his reply was something like “I need to calm my nerves and calm down”. 

Sounds like maybe a mental thing. 

That makes no sense.  How would his nerves calm down in the most pressure packed situations?  Boredom makes him nervous?

Can anyone tell what changes in the 4th quarter? If they're trailing then you'd think there'd be more pressure, not less. Does he seem to trust the pocket more? his receivers more? is it the play-calling suits him better?

I don't get to watch the games, so I can't really tell. Maybe he just works better under pressure and we need to spot everyone 3-10 pts?

2 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

That makes no sense.  How would his nerves calm down in the most pressure packed situations?  Boredom makes him nervous?

I think it not nerves but he comes out to hyped up. Plus I really thinks he learns what the defense is doing during the same and as he learns gets more confortable. Usually this takes 2.5 quarters against good defenses. If we can get that down to .5 to 1 quarter we will be good

10 hours ago, protocal69 said:

I think it not nerves but he comes out to hyped up. Plus I really thinks he learns what the defense is doing during the same and as he learns gets more confortable. Usually this takes 2.5 quarters against good defenses. If we can get that down to .5 to 1 quarter we will be good

That doesnt follow the Bengals and Giants games where he came out on fire.  I think play calling is the culprit

14 hours ago, Hayward89 said:

Can anyone tell what changes in the 4th quarter? If they're trailing then you'd think there'd be more pressure, not less. Does he seem to trust the pocket more? his receivers more? is it the play-calling suits him better?

I don't get to watch the games, so I can't really tell. Maybe he just works better under pressure and we need to spot everyone 3-10 pts?

I think he comes out too hyped and tries to be too perfect.

They need to find a way to manufacture some chunk yardage early and find a rhythm.  

Also I wouldn't mind a combination of the Jets/Dolphins game.  Get Cole involved early, let Josh use his legs.

Get defenders guessing, and it should open up gaps behind the LB's.

• Thanks 1

He is a feel player. He needs to get into a rhythm.

when he is ready, coaching staff will allow him to run some form of the no huddle early in the game. He has the potential to be great in that type of offense. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Meathead said:

yeah but he sucks

Doesn't suck, is super streaky.  His game certainly has holes in it.

Also it's shitty we've needed 4th quarter comebacks to beat the Jets, Bengals, and Dolphins.  

I'm not crying about the wins, but there is some smoke and mirrors to the 5-1 record.

IMO it's going to be tough to believe this team is legit if we go 3-3 vs Philly, Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittburgh, Dallas and New England.  There's a real possibility we go 1-5 in those games and everyone loses their shit.

If we could get him to play like that for the other 3 quarters no 4th heroics would be needed. 

Common man just be more consistent. We've all seen the good Allen. 

• Like 1

if you could choose one quarter when your qb consistently performed at a high level, when would that be?

duh

16 career games now. the equivalent of a seasons worth of starts. hes already one of the best in the league in the fourth quarter

everybody knew he would take longer to develop than the other qbs chosen in that draft. hes improved this year, and he will continue to improve on the things that are driving us a little crazy right now

but if you could choose ONE trait you wanted your qb to have, what would it be? very good in the fourth quarter

done

the guys just a gamer. haters be damned

2 minutes ago, Meathead said:

if you could choose one quarter when your qb consistently performed at a high level, when would that be?

duh

16 career games now. the equivalent of a seasons worth of starts. hes already one of the best in the league in the fourth quarter

everybody knew he would take longer to develop than the other qbs chosen in that draft. hes improved this year, and he will continue to improve on the things that are driving us a little crazy right now

but if you could choose ONE trait you wanted your qb to have, what would it be? very good in the fourth quarter

done

Or, Lit made a good point, don’t be a laggard and put the points on the board before the fourth quarter. Then you don’t have to be a fourth quarter hero

yeah that would be nice. it would also be nice if i were elmer j fudd and owned a mansion and a yacht

again, we knew in advance he had further to develop than the other first round qbs. so yes, hes going to lag behind them in some ways

but i think history is going to show that we got the best qb in that draft class. hes more of a development project, but hes already showing incredible prowess at willing his team to victory at the most important time! thats huge

the rest of his game will catch up. but we already have been shown he has the most important part

Time will tell who will be the qb of this draft. Nothing else

On 10/21/2019 at 8:49 PM, junglesouljah said:

John Elway was very good at 4th Quarter come back wins. Elway had 31 4th quarter comeback wins in his career.

Allen is still a young QB that is developing but having some traits that are similar with Elway is a positive. 

Daboll and Allen need to work on having the offense be more consistent through out the entire game and not struggling in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

And Elway pretty much began his career the same way. I've compared him to Elway myself.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, miamibillsnut said:

Some people are just made for pressure situations.

7 hours ago, Meathead said:

duh

done

Obviously the 4th. No doubt. But he does need to get better at the others and then no 4th heroics will be needed. You can't depend on late game acrobatics all the time. 

On 10/21/2019 at 12:46 PM, theAteam said:

The question is how do we get that kind of production from him the rest of the game? How can we convince him that there's only 10 minutes left in regulation for the entire game?

He seems to be a slow starter. Maybe let him run more early in the game...then go pass crazy the 2nd half