Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

WGR is nailing it - Allen is not getting better

WGR morning show is nailing it this morning.

Allen is not getting better. He is the same QB he was in Week 1.There is not one part of his game that he has improved since Week 1.

If he can’t go off against one of the worst teams in NFL HISTORY, what is he going to do against good defenses?

Turn on your radio 

Personally, I would argue he has regressed since Week 1. 

He was throwing into some very tight windows in weeks 1 and 2.

Not anymore. Someone has to be wide open for him to throw it.

• Thanks 1

Exactly what I said earlier on here

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

And in the 1st half he was 5/116 for 90 yrds.

I'm not comparing him to anyone. I'm saying simply that he is not progressing like I want to see. Last year from week 1 to 16, I thought we saw a solid uptrack, not so much in his stats, although they did get better, but in his focus. This year, I don't see that. I see bad audibles - that ALWAYS seem to go to a QB run. Not always, but most times and his runs aren't as productive (Yesterday he faced one of the worst Rush Defenses).

His ball management has been poor with fumbles and turnovers. His decision making hasn't been consistently sharp. His accuracy on what was supposed to be his forte', the long ball. is abysmal.

On the plus side, his ability to pull it together and come from behind to win is exceptional. 17 starts and how many come-from-behind wins now? 6, I think it is? I still have my boarding pass, and I'm not lumping him into the Trent/JP/EJ, etc category yet, but that's based on his heart and willingness to win, not his stats.

Now, I will add one thing as an asterisk; Daboll's play calling sucks. It's horrible. There's a chance poor play calling is unintentionally setting Allen up to look worse than he is,

• Thanks 1

I don't expect him to ever go off.  I think he's been tamed by the coaching staff and he's playing with their confines.

Just now, Woody said:

I don't expect him to ever go off.  I think he's been tamed by the coaching staff and he's playing with their confines.

AKA Daboll

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Personally, I would argue he has regressed since Week 1. 

He was throwing into some very tight windows in weeks 1 and 2.

Not anymore. Someone has to be wide open for him to throw it.

I actually agree with this. Weeks one and two he looked better than this despite the dumb picks. He looked more accurate and decisive. Right now he looks off. Something happens in the 4th quarter that he turns it on. And that's fucking amazing. But we can't go on forward like that. We need more consistency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Lit is nailing it in with shit post after shit post after shit post.

We get it you hate Josh Allen.

and we also get that you want Josh's balls in your mouth.....

1 hour ago, BertSquirtgum said:

and we also get that you want Josh's balls in your mouth.....

You mom says hello. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I still blame the pats and or that concussion in said pats game.....

Blame what?? The fact that he hasn't had a turnover since that game. You are girls are  clowns. 

6 hours ago, Vegasjackson said:

Blame what?? The fact that he hasn't had a turnover since that game. You are girls are  clowns. 

His shitty deep ball. Clown. 

• Like 1

I think the stooges are over reacting again. There are 2 different QBs here, 1st & 2nd quarter Josh AND 3rd and 4th quarter Josh.

Its pretty obvious half time adjustments are being made. Over time Josh Allen will eventually put a full game together.

Hang in there guys

• Like 1

It’s hard to say he’s better now than week 1. He seems scared to throw picks so he is avoiding tight spaces and 50/50 balls. 

I hate that. The issue with his picks was him falling backwards and lobbing it. I don’t think any of us would have an issue if he throws a pick on a legit 50/50 ball. 

That said, often times improvements in sports come in leaps rather than small increments. Maybe he will take a step forward over the next few weeks. But he is 16 games in and we are starting to get a sense of what he is. And before you come flying in to his defense, Jungle, please find me more than 1 or 2 QBs that we did not know what they were after 20 starts. Modern QBs too...nothing pre 2000. Also nobody better say “5-1” because the reality of that record is that we are slipping past bad teams with zero margin for error. I’m thrilled about it, but you can’t ignore the way we are winning. It’s like we are the tallest midget. 

If Beane and McDermott are smart, they are thinking like KC. Allen is our guy right now but we need to be on the lookout for an upgrade and strike when we can. Don’t ever stop looking to get better at QB. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

It’s hard to say he’s better now than week 1. He seems scared to throw picks so he is avoiding tight spaces and 50/50 balls. 

I hate that. The issue with his picks was him falling backwards and lobbing it. I don’t think any of us would have an issue if he throws a pick on a legit 50/50 ball. 

That said, often times improvements in sports come in leaps rather than small increments. Maybe he will take a step forward over the next few weeks. But he is 16 games in and we are starting to get a sense of what he is. And before you come flying in to his defense, Jungle, please find me more than 1 or 2 QBs that we did not know what they were after 20 starts. Modern QBs too...nothing pre 2000. Also nobody better say “5-1” because the reality of that record is that we are slipping past bad teams with zero margin for error. I’m thrilled about it, but you can’t ignore the way we are winning. It’s like we are the tallest midget. 

If Beane and McDermott are smart, they are thinking like KC. Allen is our guy right now but we need to be on the lookout for an upgrade and strike when we can. Don’t ever stop looking to get better at QB. 

Exactly! What would our record be if we were playing the hardest schedule instead of the easiest right now? If we were playing the best teams in not the worst?

Josh Allen's poise in not making bad decisions for Bills continues to grow

Jim Kubiak has been analyzing the play of the Buffalo Bills quarterbacks for BNBlitz.com. He is the all-time leading passer at Navy, has played in the NFL, NFL Europe and the Arena Football League, and has been a coach and executive in the AFL. He spent eight years as the radio analyst for the University at Buffalo and runs the Western New York Quarterback Academy to help develop the next generation of quarterbacks.

Josh Allen completed 16 of 26 passes for 202 yards, and threw two second-half touchdowns to lift the Buffalo Bills over the Miami Dolphins, 31-21, in a game that was too close for comfort for three quarters. Allen’s quarterback performance grade was a season-high 94.5% in our "Do Your Job" evaluation as he played the best football of his career in the second half.

Allen took another developmental step forward Sunday. He was calm and decisive, making solid decisions and careful, accurate throws. It would have been easy for an immature quarterback to begin to press as the Bills headed into the fourth quarter trailing the Dolphins 14-9. Allen could have thrown the ball up into the middle of the field when he was being sacked, but he didn’t. He could have forced the football down the field and into coverage, but instead threw it away on a crucial third-and-10, which resulted in a successful field goal.

Allen had his best, most consistent, most attentive and most mature moments as a Bill in the second half. His mind, his arm and his legs were utilized to perfection as his only incompletion of the half came on a 65-yard bomb down the middle of the field that was well overthrown.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/21/buffalo-bills-miami-dolphins-josh-allen-jim-kubiak/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1