I fear we all see Allen through Rose Colored Glasses.

Myself included.

I was just on a few other NFL team message boards, and people who don’t have dog in the fight are saying things like:

”This is one of the worst QB’s I’ve ever seen”

”He cant hit the broad side of a barn”

”Buffalo will be looking for a new QB in 2 years”

”Allen looks like a stronger armed version of Tannehill”

”Zero touch pass ability”

etc, etc.

I say myself included because some of the comments are so harsh that even I disagree with them.

But it makes me wonder - Do we see a better version of Allen than the rest of the NFL does.

If he was on the Dolphins for example, would we be laughing at how much of a mistake they made?

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

He had a pass tipped at the line and Knox and Beasley had at least two drops between them.  So when you look at his 16/26 and make it 19/26 that's a completion % of 73 which I deem to be pretty good.  

Right now, I'm enjoying watching him play.  I hopeful that we can make the playoffs this year by beating the teams we should and that maybe, as time goes on, he gets better and we start competing with the big boys.  It might not happen.  Hopefully Beane and co. will have the guts that the Chiefs had to make a move for a better QB even with Allen on the roster if they need to.  

• Like 1

Haters gonna hate. Lit has an anti Allen agenda. He can't say one positive thing about Allen. It's all doom and gloom all the time.

Allen is not a finished product. Allen has a lot of area's he can improve in his game including faster mental processing and having more consistently ball placement on his deep passes. But he has improved his ball placement on his short and intermediate throws so much, that he completion rate is up nearly 10 % from last year. Allen has a 62.4 completion rate so far this year.

Allen has lead Buffalo to a 5-1 record. Allen has 2 4th quarter comeback wins this year and 3 game winning drives this year. Allen has improved his touch passing this year. Allen has improved his ball placement this year. Allen has improved his command of the offense this year. Allen has improved his completion percentage this year.

But Lit will conveniently ignore all of those facts because it doesn't suite his Anti Allen agenda.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

He had a pass tipped at the line and Knox and Beasley had at least two drops between them.  So when you look at his 16/26 and make it 19/26 that's a completion % of 73 which I deem to be pretty good.  

Right now, I'm enjoying watching him play.  I hopeful that we can make the playoffs this year by beating the teams we should and that maybe, as time goes on, he gets better and we start competing with the big boys.  It might not happen.  Hopefully Beane and co. will have the guts that the Chiefs had to make a move for a better QB even with Allen on the roster if they need to.  

I know everyone is talking about completion %, but i don’t judge really any QB’s on that.

Accuracy is something you can see.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

I hope you and those other morons keep pushing that narrative cause Allen is generally playing well and is coming through when it's needed.

He has his moments, and the deep ball isn't there ATM, but when he's not turning it over, he's doing what is needed to get the W.

You and those other nitwits are the ones looking through the shit colored glasses the draftniks and pundits put on you when they told you Allen was inaccurate and will never be good. You have been unable to see that Allen has gotten better with his footwork and it has resulted in better accuracy in general.

I hope that answers your question and teaches you something

Wait, so we scored on that deep ball today?

9 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

I know everyone is talking about completion %, but i don’t judge really any QB’s on that.

Accuracy is something you can see.

Last year you were criticizing Allen on his low completion %, he has improved his completion % by nearly 10 % this year.

Allen is improved his ball placement on his intermediate and short passes this year. 

Allen has improved ball placement/accuracy this year on his short and intermediate throws.

He needs to work on improving his deep ball placement/accuracy.

I don't take anything Lit says seriously. He is the king of the shit colored glasses fans. He makes shity hot take post after shity hot take post trying to criticize Allen and Buffalo after wins.

2 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

And everyone here knows it...yet he keeps on going.

That is the epitome of a troll/fake ass mother fucker

I have been calling out Lit as the fakest poster on here and the biggest troll on here for a while now.

7 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

And everyone here knows it...yet he keeps on going.

Seems to me that I have as many (if not more) people who agree with me, than you have people who defend you.

I mean, you basically have Jungle, and..hmm. I know there’s at least a couple others but I can’t remember their names.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Allen has improved ball placement/accuracy this year on his short and intermediate throws.

Which was an issue coming in to camp last year, so there's a plus to his game this year

16 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Who just needlessly revamped the entire site, boosting the site traffic and pulling past members out of the woodwork. He didn't have to make the investment in a site that's been all but dead.

Maybe "fake-ass" isn't the best term

4 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Who just needlessly revamped the entire site, boosting the site traffic and pulling past members out of the woodwork. He didn't have to make the investment in a site that's been all but dead.

Maybe "fake-ass" isn't the best term

Fake ass is the correct term.

Lit makes at least 10 negative threads after ever Buffalo Win.

Lit goes out of his way to criticize Allen, even after he plays well.

Lit is an asshole to people he doesn't like.

Lit doesn't get props for doing things you are supposed to do as a site owner.

He will get credit when he isn't an trolling asshole.

What's the point of judging him each and every pass that he throws?

He's a young qb. He's going to have his ups and downs. Most young qb's do, including Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen and Lamar Jackson.

Allen is our qb for near future and he has brought us to a 5-1 record.

Sit back and root him on. There will be time to judge him when he has more experience under his belt.

• Like 1

The Bills are going to the Super Bowl this year!  BUFFALO ALL THE WAY THIS TIME!!

dallas GIF

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I fear we all see Allen through Rose Colored Glasses.

Myself included.

I was just on a few other NFL team message boards, and people who don’t have dog in the fight are saying things like:

”This is one of the worst QB’s I’ve ever seen”

”He cant hit the broad side of a barn”

”Buffalo will be looking for a new QB in 2 years”

”Allen looks like a stronger armed version of Tannehill”

”Zero touch pass ability”

etc, etc.

I say myself included because some of the comments are so harsh that even I disagree with them.

But it makes me wonder - Do we see a better version of Allen than the rest of the NFL does.

If he was on the Dolphins for example, would we be laughing at how much of a mistake they made?

These are some good touch passes by Allen.

People have been stuck in the echo chamber of all the media analysts calling him a bust before he was even drafted in 2018.  They just regurgitate the same talking points they've been saying since March 2018 the first opportunity they can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

People have been stuck in the echo chamber of all the media analysts calling him a bust before he was even drafted in 2018.  They just regurgitate the same talking points they've been saying since March 2018 the first opportunity they can.

It'a all about the ability of the coaching staff to develop young players. Allen is a work in progress and shown signs of improving, but still hasn't reached his high ceiling.

QB coach Ken Dorsey has done a great job of helping Allen improve his lower body mechanics.

OC Brian Daboll has done a good job of coaching up Allen and making him a better pocket passer.

Allen has improved his accuracy which is one of the main talking points by the analytics crowd and  draft twitter about why Allen couldn't succeed in the NFL.

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Seems to me that I have as many (if not more) people who agree with me, than you have people who defend you.

I mean, you basically have Jungle, and..hmm. I know there’s at least a couple others but I can’t remember their names.

I don't need or want anyone "defending" me. I couldn't care less about that.

As for people agreeing with you...please. 

The consensus here is not favorable towards you, and they way you go about your business here is shameful to real Bills fans, which you just aren't. 

Bottom line is you suck and this site suffers from the disease of yourself.

He is a first round draft pick and his "Improvement" since week 1, is there is no improvement. I think he looked better at the end of last season, tbh. Or at least not worse.

It's the same thing every game - except no INT"s yesterday. I don't think it's piling on him to ask for consistency halfway through his sophomore season

3 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

The consensus here is not favorable towards you, and they way you go about your business here is shameful to real Bills fans, which you just aren't. 

Thats funny, Jungle always tells me I'm in the "cool kids crowd" and he is an outsider.

LMAO.

Funny how different people see things.

One interesting note.  This was Josh's 5th 4th quarter  come from behind win in his first two seasons.  He ties Joe F. and is the Bills record.  I love having a QB that can pick it up in the 4th and help win the game.  These long drives this year are a result of the play calling by Dabol, better Oline play and the better short / medium passing game.