Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Dolphins vs Bills for DUMMIES - What happened: A thinking guide for those who need to know

22 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Last year Allen had a 52.8 completion rate and his critics thought he would never be able to improve that.

This year Allen has a 62.4 completion rate, which is almost 10 % higher and now his critics are are saying he can't hit deep balls.

Allen has shown better ball placement/accuracy to the short and intermediate parts of the field this year. Yes he needs to improve the his ball placement/accuracy to the deep parts of the field. But he has been with out his favorite deep ball WR, Robert Foster for most of the year.

Foster slide down the depth chart because of free agent additions John Brown and Cole Beasley and has battled a turf toe injury in preseason and a groin injury during the season. Having Foster in the line up with Brown will make the Bills deep game more effective because Brown and Foster both have 4.4 40 yard speed and are good at tracking the ball on deep routes. The deep ball part of the Bills offense will improve.

How in the world would having Foster increase his deep ball accuracy?

That would only be the case if guys weren’t open.

Allen is overthrowing wide open deep WR’s.

4 minutes ago, Vegasjackson said:

Hey dicklock. They had Allen throw 3 straight times with 3/4 min to go in the Bengals game and you guys crucified him. You all freaked that they didn't run the ball and run the clock and blasted Daboll. So which is it Aristotle? Run or pass late? 

It’s amazing.

It’s almost like there is a middle ground between running 3 times and throwing 3 times.

Shocker.

15 minutes ago, The Beef said:

Couple of things.

Allen started off ugly, but he wasn't the sole or even the key reason for the first half struggles.

OL was getting called for holdings early and often.  Knox killed a likely touchdown drive with that drop.

The defense on the other hand, was fucking trash.

Walton was fucking gashing the defense.

They sucked at getting off the field on third down.

Levi Wallace was getting bodied whenever Fitz threw at him.

DL couldn't finish the job when they got to Fitz.

Thank God for Tre White.  There's no doubt he's the best player on the team.  We lose that game without him putting the team on his fucking shoulders.  If this was hockey Tre White was a fucking +14 today.  Erased a TD and set one up 2 possessions later.

I made a thread about how good Tre was today. He had an interception on the goal line that took a TD from Miami. Allen than marched the offense down the field 99 yards and threw a TD to John Brown.

Tre than had anther big play when he forced a fumble when Miami was driving down the field. It was recovered by Hughes. Allen then lead the offense down the field and threw a TD to Cole Beasley.

34 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Foster can run faster than Allen can throw it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

You didn’t read the entire post.

actually, you didn’t even read half of it.

i love new software 

What in the fuck are you babbling about?! Lol

51 minutes ago, Vegasjackson said:

Hey dicklock. They had Allen throw 3 straight times with 3/4 min to go in the Bengals game and you guys crucified him. You all freaked that they didn't run the ball and run the clock and blasted Daboll. So which is it Aristotle? Run or pass late? 

The answer is whatever suits his anti Allen agenda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

The WR's are not consistently open on deep routes.

Miami was playing press man coverage and Buffalo's WR's were having trouble getting open. Eric Woods said this on the radio at half time.

Andre Roberts and John Brown were open on their deep routes and Allen missed them, with the 2 bad throws he made today. But the WR's were not consistently geting open on deep routes all day like you are implying.

Defenses can rotate coverage towards Brown or use bracket coverage to take away his ability to get open deep. Having two WR's that can get open deep with their route running and speed in Robert Foster and John Brown increase the probability of completing deep passes. Allen still needs to execute the deep throws, but I feel much better with him throwing deep passes to Brown and Foster than anyone else on the current roster.

Allen completed a lot of deep passes to Foster last year. Foster had a 20 yard average per catch and great chemistry with Allen. Foster should be getting more targets ASAP.

5 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Lit is grasping at straws to criticize Allen.

Notice how he hasn't mentioned that Allen has increased his completion percentage by nearly 10 % this year?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

The WR's are not consistently open on deep routes.

Miami was playing press man coverage and Buffalo's WR's were having trouble getting open. Eric Woods said this on the radio at half time.

Andre Roberts and John Brown were open on their deep routes and Allen missed them, with the 2 bad throws he made today. But the WR's were not consistently geting open on deep routes all day like you are implying.

Defenses can rotate coverage towards Brown or use bracket coverage to take away his ability to get open deep. Having two WR's that can get open deep with their route running and speed in Robert Foster and John Brown increase the probability of completing deep passes. Allen still needs to execute the deep throws, but I feel much better with him throwing deep passes to Brown and Foster than anyone else on the current roster.

Allen completed a lot of deep passes to Foster last year. Foster had a 20 yard average per catch and great chemistry with Allen. Foster should be getting more targets ASAP.

But when they are open ... 10+ times this season ... He has overthrown them.

I fail to see how Foster is going to get “more” open.

19 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

What in the fuck are you babbling about?! Lol

I forgot I have to use 1st grade reading level when posting to you.

You didn’t actually read the thread.

18 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

I dont have an anti-Allen agenda.

I like Allen.

17 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

I forgot I have to use 1st grade reading level when posting to you.

You didn’t actually read the thread.

I read your post...even though it's completely worthless.

Get your shit together, fool!

• Like 1

Fitzmagic is 4 times the qb of Rosen, to compare their offense from when Rosen was in to what we saw today isn’t fair, in fact even the pick that fitz threw was more of a great play by tre than a bad throw by fitz.

I was concerned with our run d, and our lack of pass rush especially with them having two starters out. We gave fitz too much time and he picked us apart.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

5) Star was once again invisible. He wasn't taking any double teams. Taron Johnson and Kevin Johnson were alternating in knicker packages today, and every time Fitz would go after Levi Wallace. He got picked apart. I’m nervous about Wentz.

I bashed Star a lot last year.   He is simply not worth what he is being paid.    "eating up double teams" my ***.      

His snap count needs to be kept below 40%.  Maybe less than 30%.

We need to be looking to find another DT in the offense season.  Time to upgrade his position.

Unfortunately his Dead Cap is almost $8 million if we move on from him this offseason.

Fitzpatrick was balling today.  Hats off to him.

The Dolphins are a lot better with him at QB.   (Until he has an off day).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Liar, liar

Everyone knows Lit hates Allen and goes out of his way to criticize Allen.

21 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I bashed Star a lot last year.   He is simply not worth what he is being paid.    "eating up double teams" my ***.      

His snap count needs to be kept below 40%.  Maybe less than 30%.

We need to be looking to find another DT in the offense season.  Time to upgrade his position.

Unfortunately his Dead Cap is almost $8 million if we move on from him this offseason.

Star pushed the Dolphins Center back into Fitzpatrick that caused him to stumble and fall down.

The rushing defense has improved since Star came to Buffalo.

Star does the thankless job of taking on double teams and keeping the linebackers free to make plays.

Star doesn't get sacks or qb pressures or other fancy stats but he is important to the defense.

Star is a leader on the defense.

You can debate if Star is over paid but he is valuable to the defense.

Buffalo can part ways with Star after the 2020 season or the  2021 season. By that time Harrison Phillips and Ed Oliver should be reaching their ceilings, and hopefully Jordan Phillips is re-signed and with the team.

15 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Star pushed the Dolphins Center back into Fitzpatrick that caused him to stumble and fall down.

The rushing defense has improved since Star came to Buffalo.

Star does the thankless job of taking on double teams and keeping the linebackers free to make plays.

Star doesn't get sacks or qb pressures or other fancy stats but he is important to the defense.

Star is a leader on the defense.

You can debate if Star is over paid but he is valuable to the defense.

Buffalo can part ways with Star after the 2020 season or the  2021 season. By that time Harrison Phillips and Ed Oliver should be reaching their ceilings, and hopefully Jordan Phillips is re-signed and with the team.

Dude, Star was awful today.

30 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Dude, Star was awful today.

The entire defense was bad today.

11 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Fitz made some ridiculous plays and gets rid of the ball quickly. That type of play from him can make the Dolphins a problem and they were.

The rest is nonsense.

Critical thinking? LMFAO! You an the overreaction/garbage hot take king.

This team does enough to win which is what you need to do.

Are we super bowl bound? Nobody thinks that, but winning counts and teams win that way often. This team is no exception.

We'll see how things play out over the season, but all this team needs to do is not turnover the ball and they can be in it against anyone.

Works for me, and most of the real fans.

Agreed

30 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

It’s super clear that very few people even read the original post.

lol.

how do you respond to a thread without reading it?

Adult ADD.  I dont read anything longer than 1 paragraph.   Mind wanders.

9 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

Adult ADD.  I dont read anything longer than 1 paragraph.   Mind wanders.

That's sad.

Do you never read news articles?

Wins are wins. That's all that really matters. The offense needs a lot of work,imo. The number one problem is Daboll and his shitty play calling. Second is Josh Allen's inability to see the field. He continues to lock onto receivers and not go through the progressions. Not sure if he isn't smart enough to go through reads fast enough or what. The game should have slowed down enough for him to be able to see the whole field by now. He's started over a year's worth of games.