Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

OK. I’m Off The Allen Train

Recommended Posts

Tyrod was a nice guy. Where is he playing now?  Ohh wait that's right I don't know and don't care.

Had to look it up he is warming the bench with the  2-5 Chargers if only he were starting they might be 5-2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh hasn't exactly looked like the guy we thought he should be thus far into the season, however anybody that watches the games has to see the improvements from last year. The only gripes I have for him that were present last year as well would be the deep ball accuracy and stupid ints. Other than that, he looks better than last year's product

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HipKat said:

And in the 1st half he was 5/116 for 90 yrds.

I'm not comparing him to anyone. I'm saying simply that he is not progressing like I want to see. Last year form week 1 to 16, I thought we saw a solid uptrack, not so much in his stats, although they did get better, but in his focus. This year, I don't see that. I see bad audibles - that ALWAYS seem to go to a QB run. Not always, but most times and his runs aren't as productive (Yesterday he faced one of the worst Rush Defenses).

His ball management has been poor with fumbles and turnovers. His decision making hasn't been consistently sharp. His accuracy on what was supposed to be his forte', the long ball. is abysmal.

 

1) Ya his first half wasn't as bad as his numbers show, 6-15.  a couple drops right in players hands, drove the team to near the redzone and Daboll was getting too cute with the jet sweep motions.  He had more than just a good 4th quarter this game, it was the entire 2nd half.  Not his fault that the defense gave up 4 long drives.  Our time of possession last year would put us 30th in the NFL if we averaged it.  

 

2) Cover 1 has shown him calling audibles a lot and not once was it a QB run.

 

3) He has 5 fumbles on the season, which I agree is too much.  However, the average for QBs in the league this year is 4.  (Allen is in a 4 way tie for 9th most in the NFL with 5 fumbles).  He's 3rd in the NFL for most QB carries though.

 

4) Why is the long ball, the least accurate pass in football, his forte?  Because he has a big arm?  How could someone who has accuracy issues coming out of college, possibly be thought to have the long ball be his forte?  I never heard anything coming out of college that he was a "great deep ball thrower"  I would just see that he can make every throw on the field, because his arm strength is crazy.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DC2007 said:

No real game experience to speak of though.

Still way different to be a rookie and starting than having been in the league for a couple of years learning on the bench then starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 4:33 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Did you know that Tyrod has more TD’s, more Yards, and less INT’s than Allen (when comparing both of their first 16 games with Bills).

How many comebacks or game winning drives did Tyrod have? I can play this game too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 4:39 PM, seandelevan said:

I’ll reserve judgment for later. I’ll wait until the end of the season. The only thing saving him from me saying he blows is that this regime continues to throw ragtag pieces of an offense around him. Beasley and Knox with massive drops today. Oline was and has been fucking atrocious. People on here acting like Tyler Kroft was suppose to do something. But again...I doubt the Bills have any interest adding blue chip talent on offense. 

Sean, you complain about them building the D first.  I frankly have no issue with that strategy, but with a major caveat.  The D is - with some depth - where it needs to be.  If they don't build the front wall and the WR/TE corps then we will be facing yet another frustrating raize and rebuild soon.  That said, I think your angst is a bit misguided.  I think they are  enough to see they need some bluechips on the O.  

 

What needs to happen in the off season is that Daboll has to be let go, a couple more pieces need to be added to the OL and we need a legit top flight WR.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

How many comebacks or game winning drives did Tyrod have? I can play this game too

That doesn't make a lot of sense.

In order to have a comeback, it's because you were losing...

That's not a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

That doesn't make a lot of sense.

In order to have a comeback, it's because you were losing...

That's not a good thing.

What is Allen's record v Tyrod's record?  Tyrod was safe and mistake free but he could not overcome his mistakes.  Allen can shit the bed and then come through when he needs to.  Is Allen frustrating as hell to watch? Yes.   However, for this season at least he is the only guy I want at QB.  I saw Barkley and while he was pretty he just could not get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

Sean, you complain about them building the D first.  I frankly have no issue with that strategy, but with a major caveat.  The D is - with some depth - where it needs to be.  If they don't build the front wall and the WR/TE corps then we will be facing yet another frustrating raize and rebuild soon.  That said, I think your angst is a bit misguided.  I think they are  enough to see they need some bluechips on the O.  

 

What needs to happen in the off season is that Daboll has to be let go, a couple more pieces need to be added to the OL and we need a legit top flight WR.

Agreed. But here’s the thing: all the amazing players on our D have been gems. Late picks. Trades. FA signings. I would fucking love to have legit WR and OL..and we could have of instead of Oliver, Edmunds, and Harrison Phillips right now. Apparently Edmunds got fucking abused yesterday. WTH? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Agreed. But here’s the thing: all the amazing players on our D have been gems. Late picks. Trades. FA signings. I would fucking love to have legit WR and OL..and we could have of instead of Oliver, Edmunds, and Harrison Phillips right now. Apparently Edmunds got fucking abused yesterday. WTH? 

Just watch them go Defense in next years draft too.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Just watch them go Defense in next years draft too.

Oh they will....and the success they have from this season will just justify it more. 

Homers and McD- “Er uh ER oUR DeFenSe kepT uS in GameS laSt yEar...so Let’s maKe iT betTer and MayBe it WiLL keEp uS in MoRe gamEs nExt YEar..the OffEnse oNly NeeDs to Be AvErAge er uh er” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...