Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

OK. I’m Off The Allen Train

5 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Welcome.

2 years late, but better late than never.

I needed to be sure. 

I’m sure now

5 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I needed to be sure. 

I’m sure now

I was sure when I watched him play at Wyoming.

There are fixable problems and not fixable problems.

• Like 1

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt last year, I gave up on him being the guy after week 3, honestly and I'm not hyperbolizing here, I think Tyrod is better.

He doesn't see guys or won't throw to them, have to believe it's doesn't see them because God knows he will heave a ball.  Throws awful interceptions, fumbles and generally is just sloppy with the ball.  He can't hit a long ball and that shit goes back to his pro day, couldn't hit guys long with nothing stopping him.  He may be able to throw through a brick wall, but thats not useful without skill.  He's garbage and I hope they realize it sooner than later, this isn't getting better. Even if they make the playoffs inspite of him, he will have them bounced in the first round. 

By the way, where are all the apologists assholes saying the Patriots only looked so good statistically because we hadn't played the Dolphins yet? 

Maybe we can trade for Tallrod, I mean Mariotta before the deadline and have a chance to win the way we did with Tyrod.

Just now, DC2007 said:

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt last year, I gave up on him being the guy after week 3, honestly and I'm not hyperbolizing here, I think Tyrod is better.

He doesn't see guys or won't throw to them, have to believe it's doesn't see them because God knows he will heave a ball.  Throws awful interceptions, fumbles and generally is just sloppy with the ball.  He can't hit a long ball and that shit goes back to his pro day, couldn't hit guys long with nothing stopping him.  He may be able to throw through a brick wall, but thats not useful without skill.  He's garbage and I hope they realize it sooner than later, this isn't getting better. Even if they make the playoffs inspite of him, he will have them bounced in the first round. 

By the way, where are all the apologists assholes saying the Patriots only looked so good statistically because we hadn't played the Dolphins yet? 

Maybe we can trade for Tallrod, I mean Mariotta before the deadline and have a chance to win the way we did with Tyrod.

There is 0 doubt in my mind that the offense looks better with Taylor than Allen.

• Haha 1

Like I posted in the other thread. Maybe is the rustiness because of the bye week. But if Allen suck ass again on the next game then I'll be concern.

This thread didn't age well, LOL.

Allen is worlds better than Taylor.

Allen finished the game with 2 TD's and 0 interceptions and more importantly lead Buffalo to a win.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

This is a contender for worst post of all time that I've read here.

Tyrod is/was the king of not seeing/throwing to guys. Did you even watch the guy play? I'd rather have Mariota than Tyrod and Mariota sucks.

Jury is still out on Allen, but he sure does seem to show up when it matters and he does alot of good things. 

Allen isn't really like any QB I can recall. He will frustrate you, but at the same time he will make winning plays. Tyrod was never make plays...just easy throws and no chances, which cost us even more than if he would've taken chances.

You can keep that crap. Give me the guy who will lay it all on the line...good or bad over a pussy that won't ever be a real QB that read the entire field and make tough throws.

If he continues to develop, then I think the QB he is most like is John Elway.  This is why I call him Josh Elway.  Elway used to aggravate Bronco fans with shitty first halfs, and then in the second half he would put it all together and win. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Tyrod is/was the king of not seeing/throwing to guys. Did you even watch the guy play? I'd rather have Mariota than Tyrod and Mariota sucks.

Jury is still out on Allen, but he sure does seem to show up when it matters and he does alot of good things. 

Allen isn't really like any QB I can recall. He will frustrate you, but at the same time he will make winning plays. Tyrod was never make plays...just easy throws and no chances, which cost us even more than if he would've taken chances.

You can keep that crap. Give me the guy who will lay it all on the line...good or bad over a pussy that won't ever be a real QB that read the entire field and make tough throws.

This is Lit being Lit. Lit loves to over react and have shity hot takes.

43 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Did you know that Tyrod has more TD’s, more Yards, and less INT’s than Allen (when comparing both of their first 16 games with Bills).

36 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

This is Lit being Lit. Lit loves to over react and have shity hot takes.

#10 for Jungle!

Go Jungle, go!

I’ll reserve judgment for later. I’ll wait until the end of the season. The only thing saving him from me saying he blows is that this regime continues to throw ragtag pieces of an offense around him. Beasley and Knox with massive drops today. Oline was and has been fucking atrocious. People on here acting like Tyler Kroft was suppose to do something. But again...I doubt the Bills have any interest adding blue chip talent on offense. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Tyrod sucks balls, but he didn't turn the ball over.  Mariotta is the same thing, but taller.  Neither is getting you anywhere and I'd take either of them vs what Allen has done this year.  There wouldnt be a need for a comeback all the time if he wasnt a giant pike of shit for 3.5 quarters a game.  This team could just as easily be .500 or below vs the softest schedule you coukd ever hope for in this division.  The offense sucks and its mostly on Allen.

5 hours ago, HipKat said:

Zero improvement this season. Poor decision making. Poor execution. Accuracy seems to be getting worse. His only audibles are QB runs.

I think it’s gone to his head. Last year, as the season went on, he showed more poise. Better command of the offense. Nether of those are apparent this year.

It can’t just be play calling, so I’m out on Allen

Good, more room for me. Now I can stretch my legs out.

Allen will be fine, and I will save your seat for when you return.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SabreBill30 said:

Tyrod was no rookie when he came here. Big difference.

No real game experience to speak of though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Watched replay. He made some nice throws and is producing for us.

Allen played good in the 2nd half, and was fine in the first half.  I don't understand why this is the game you "get off the train" lol

10/11 112 yards, 2TDs in the 2nd half.

From what I remember, both Beasley and Knox had 1st half drops, Knox's was good for 20 yards to take us inside the 10.  

Who's the bar here?  Who's the stick everyone is measuring Allen to on a weekly basis?  Lit likes to compare Allen to pretty much any QB after any good play they make, but then is silent after any bad play they make.  Lamar Jackson was 9/20 today.  Rosen is benched, Baker has been awful this year, Darnold is probably the best looking QB out of the class so far in terms of actual QB play, but he still sails and telegraphs his INTs too.

Remember when everyone was crowning Daniel Jones after his 1st start?  I certainly remember lit clamoring for Allen to have a game like he did, and was saying that Daniel Jones is "instantly good".  Well, Daniel Jones has been bad ever since his tampa game in week 3.  His numbers.  60% comp pct 4 TDs 7INTs 3 Fumbles (2 lost).

This game was on the defense looking like they were mailing it in.  Tre came up with 2 clutch plays, aside from that this defense looked below average, and gave up 4 drives of 70, 60, 71, and 59 yards.  3 of those resulted in TDs, the third was stifled by the Tre INT.  Nobody has done that to this defense this year.  I don't have the numbers, but our time of possession was awful because of it.  The first time we got the ball in the 2nd half was with 5 min left in the 3rd.

Hopefully this is the wake up call this team needed.  If anything, Allen bailed this team out this week with his 2nd half.  

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Allen played good in the 2nd half, and was fine in the first half.  I don't understand why this is the game you "get off the train" lol

10/11 112 yards, 2TDs in the 2nd half.

And in the 1st half he was 5/116 for 90 yrds.

I'm not comparing him to anyone. I'm saying simply that he is not progressing like I want to see. Last year form week 1 to 16, I thought we saw a solid uptrack, not so much in his stats, although they did get better, but in his focus. This year, I don't see that. I see bad audibles - that ALWAYS seem to go to a QB run. Not always, but most times and his runs aren't as productive (Yesterday he faced one of the worst Rush Defenses).

His ball management has been poor with fumbles and turnovers. His decision making hasn't been consistently sharp. His accuracy on what was supposed to be his forte', the long ball. is abysmal.

On the plus side, his ability to pull it together and come from behind to win is exceptional. 17 starts and how many come-from-behind wins now? 6, I think it is? I still have my boarding pass, and I'm not lumping him into the Trent/JP/EJ, etc category yet, but that's based on his heart and willingness to win, not his stats.

Now, I will add one thing as an asterisk; Daboll's play calling sucks. It's horrible. There's a chance poor play calling is unintentionally setting Allen up to look worse than he is,