Sign in to follow this  

I am taking a long weekend and going to my first ever bills home game (live in Iowa) December 8th vs the ravens, where are are the best wings and other can’t miss spots I should go to while in town? Thanks in advance.

Best wings is a toss-up. Either Anchor Bar, the place where they were first served or Duffs, but most places have outstanding wings. I'm a fan of Santora's Wings and Pizza and you must eat the Pizza! I could write you a book about Buffalo Food. 

If you're a nightlifer, check out the Elmwood and Hertel strips for great places to eat, great bars and just very walkable areas. I would not skip walking either or both strips to really get a grasp on Buffalo Culture. 

December is a bad time for the Waterfront, but if you're hardy enough, it's a nice walk, too. Walking and biking in Buffalo is huge.

Of course the Falls, but again, December is full blown winter-time.

Shopping, Elmwood, again is a great place for unique boutiques, and the Galleria is a  the largest shopping center and that area in general can take all day to explore.

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

6 minutes ago, bi-polar billiever said:

Thank you

No problem. I might be the biggest cheerleader for the city of Buffalo on here, but I live in Illinois now and understand what is different about WNY and the Midwest, so anything you want to know, feel free to ask

• Thanks 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Duff's is better for wings, Anchor Bar blows. They invented the wings at Anchor but didn't perfect them.

• Thanks 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

2 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Duff's is better for wings, Anchor Bar blows. They invented the wings at Anchor but didn't perfect them.

Holy crap, I can't believe I'm agreeing with you on something more than once this lifetime. Duffs was my hangout before we'd go out plowing all night  in the 80's

• Thanks 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Just now, bi-polar billiever said:

Also we were planning on going to the game day hospitality tailgate, or is there something else we should do...?

No, I think that would be a good time for out of towners going to the game. And I know it's early but dress warmer than you think you might have to. That wind blowing is like the wind in December in Iowa after the corn has long been harvested, believe me

• Thanks 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Glenn Tavern Inn, Main Street Williamsville  - Great atmosphere, wings and Beef on Weck.  Really, everything on the menu.  

Bar Bill Tavern, Main Street East Aurora - everything is great.  Cash only.  They do have an ATM but they can't keep it full.  

Andersons   Beef on Weck.  There are a few around the area but the best is on Sheridan Dr in the Town of Tonawanda.  

Ted's   Foot Long Salens meat hot dogs. Also Loganberry drink. There are a few around the area but , here again, the best is on Sheridan Dr in the Town of Tonawanda.

Allen Town (Allen street in Buffalo) is another great spot for restaurants and bars.  

If you feel adventuresome check out the Comedy Center in Jamestown NY.  It is a riot and you  need at least three hours (in my experience) to really explore it.  It better if it's busy so I don't know about this time of year during the week.  

• Thanks 1

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

Thanks for the help everyone, one more question, just gauging responses cause I’m gonna do it anyways, but curious. 

I am a die hard bills fan but have a buddy that plays for the ravens, I was planning to wear his ravens jersey with a bills hat, I’m sure I will get heckled and fucked with, but I have heard the stories of bills fans beating up pats fans, and have heard some other stories about dickheads fucking with my buddies sister who was just there minding her own business. 

We did get seats on the visitor side so maybe that will help a little bit as I’m sure there will b more ravens fans over there....

I hate this thread. I wanna come home SO FUCKING BAD and not be trapped in this shithole of a state

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 hours ago, bi-polar billiever said:

Thanks for the help everyone, one more question, just gauging responses cause I’m gonna do it anyways, but curious. 

I am a die hard bills fan but have a buddy that plays for the ravens, I was planning to wear his ravens jersey with a bills hat, I’m sure I will get heckled and fucked with, but I have heard the stories of bills fans beating up pats fans, and have heard some other stories about dickheads fucking with my buddies sister who was just there minding her own business. 

We did get seats on the visitor side so maybe that will help a little bit as I’m sure there will b more ravens fans over there....

Need to get your buddy's college jersey.

Hopefully its Yanda, go Hawks.

• Like 1

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:20 PM, SackMan518 said:

I like Duff's better than Anchor Bar as well. We stopped at Bar Bil during Dolphins week this year and thought they were just as good if not better than Duff's. Can't go wrong no matter where you go in Buffalo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bi-polar billiever said:

Just don't be an ass..... , and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bi-polar billiever said:

Don’t do that. No-one cares that your buddy is the Ravens 3rd string long-snapper.

My buddy got kicked in the back of the head (more like stomped) for wearing a Panthers jersey to a Bills game. We were on the visitors side corner. 

He was pissed but I told him he got what he had coming.

• Gay 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

12 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

WTF is wrong with you?

My buddy got kicked in the back of the head (more like stomped) for wearing a Panthers jersey to a Bills game. We were on the visitors side corner. 

He was pissed but I told him he got what he had coming.

I went to the KC Playoff game back in 91 and was sitting near where all their fans were. It was a miserable day for those fans. Bills fans never once let up on them - but didn't get violent, either

• Thanks 2

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, bi-polar billiever said:

No, I am dead serious

Yeah I  was messing with you.   I went to the Bills - Miami game this year and some jerk behind me was drunk and,  oh my, using foul langue.  Someone texted the number that's posted around the stadium and the cops showed up.  He got a warning to settle down but didn't so they came back and kicked him out.  Someone getting physically abusive would end up worse off.  

• Like 1

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

1 hour ago, The Beef said:

Need to get your buddy's college jersey.

Hopefully its Yanda, go Hawks.

It is Yanda, good idea but it’s his last year and Ive always supported him and the bills, wore two jerseys to 3 different ravens bills games in Baltimore and got some playful heckling there but nothing bad, but they don’t have the reputation bills fans do

• Thanks 1

Just now, bi-polar billiever said:

It is Yanda, good idea but it’s his last year and Ive always supported him and the bills, wore two jerseys to 3 different ravens bills games in Baltimore and got some playful heckling there but nothing bad, but they don’t have the reputation bills fans do

You'll be fine. Stay out of the End Zone lol

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan