Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zanthrax54

Billieve: is this a trap game?

Recommended Posts

Podcast_Art___Billieve___Blog_final.0.pn

Is it possible this is a trap game for the Bills? We discuss that and so much more on our podcast!

On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast — the 100th in show history! — host John Boccacino and co-host Jamie D’Amico get you ready for Sunday’s showdown between the Buffalo Bills (4-1) and Miami Dolphins (0-5).

At 4-1, the Bills are second place in the AFC East, and emerge from their bye week for the first of three straight home games. Among the topics covered:

  • The Bills are favored by 17 points, the first time the Bills have been such heavy favorites since the 1992 season, when Buffalo suffered a shocking loss to the New York Jets. Is Sunday’s game a trap game for the Bills? Is it possible for a Sean McDermott-coached team and the positive culture present at One Bills Drive to fall for a trap game?
  • What does the Bills offense need to do to get on track against a feeble Dolphins’ defense that is last in total yards allowed per game (439.8) and points allowed per game (180 in five games, 36 points per game)?
  • What can we expect from Josh Allen, and can he get the deep ball going vs. a porous Dolphins secondary?
  • Defensively, our podcasters expect the Bills to dominate a Miami offense that has been inept (league-low 42 points in five games, an average of 8.4 points per game).
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick gets to face his old team as the Dolphins ditched second-year quarterback Josh Rosen, who has struggled mightily, in favor of some FitzMagic. How can Buffalo take advantage of Fitzy’s penchant for throwing back-breaking interceptions?
  • They also expect Buffalo, led by Jerry Hughes, Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips to get after a Miami offensive line that has allowed 23 sacks and 48 hits on the quarterback in 2019 to rank in the bottom five of the NFL.

Check out the latest episode of Billieve to find out our podcasters’ thoughts on these topics, their predictions for the game, and more, then leave your thoughts in the comments section.


Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, the Mafia Mavens, and the Nick and Nolan Show:

Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone

Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.

View the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t read the article, but can you have a trap game coming off the bye?  We should be chomping at the bit to get back on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't worry about a team that is clearly hoping to lose. I don't care what the coach says, The Dolphins are aiming for the #1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

I didn’t read the article, but can you have a trap game coming off the bye?  We should be chomping at the bit to get back on the field. 

You would think that they would be extra prepared coming off the bye but I've seen teams come out flat.

If it wasn't the Fins I'd be nervous about this game but I think it will be a much needed blow out.

I'm starting to believe in this team and McDermott. Allen will have his ups and downs but the defense should give us a shot each and every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure games with great expectations VS teams that are barely better than College teams are always. And the Bills of all teams have always had that way to make games that should be EASY W's and blowouts even be 17-13 W's instead because they play ineptly...very seldom do they ever actually live up to the hype or  TAKE ADVANTAGE of a bad team or weakness..im sure we all remember games like that..

 

Say games like VS NE where NE has WR starting at DB because they are that hurt..we should EASILY have been able to stay within reach and have a field day passing..but its the Bills!!!!! so NOPE their WR converted DB's are getting Int' s instead...you know..those games where the entire other teams OL is decimated they picked up street FA to fill in.....and we again live down to expectations..shoulda had a 10 sack after noon..instead get 1.5 sacks and the guy thats SUPPOSEDLY GOOD going Vs that street FA..gets nothing...

 

The Bills in the past have always had games like that..as a matter of fact the last what 2-3 times the Bills were favored by this much...including those 90's teams that went to SB's FOUND A WAY to LOSE those games.....

 

Im still waiting to see a Bills team that actually TAKES ADVANTAGE OF a bad teams weaknesses and EXPLOITS them....this game SHOULD be a 42-10 drubbing im absolutely POSITIVE that the Bills will find a way to make it close something like 21-17...Prove me wrong Bills make me believe you can actually do what should EASILY be done....dont have a Billisy game have a Good tam vs BAD team game...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that is making me even slightly uncomfortable is the fact that Fitz is starting.

He likes to play well against the Bills.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

The only thing that is making me even slightly uncomfortable is the fact that Fitz is starting.

He likes to play well against the Bills.

I get it but I think he is 1 and 1 didnt he play great 1 game early on with the Jets and do well Vs us? then the next game we won and as I remember they beat us Fitz had a great game then the next game we beat them quite badly also..so while this could happen im not worried....all im worried about is that the Bills pull....well a Bills move and make it close becasue of ineptness...like id said the Bills should win 42-10....but would it at all surprise me if they ineptly manage to keep it close somehow NOPE! its the Bills and till i finally SEE them take advantage of a teams weaknessses and exploit them....and so far I havent seen that...I wilt Billieve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CBennett said:

I get it but I think he is 1 and 1 didnt he play great 1 game early on with the Jets and do well Vs us? then the next game we won and as I remember they beat us Fitz had a great game then the next game we beat them quite badly also..so while this could happen im not worried....all im worried about is that the Bills pull....well a Bills move and make it close becasue of ineptness...like id said the Bills should win 42-10....but would it at all surprise me if they ineptly manage to keep it close somehow NOPE! its the Bills and till i finally SEE them take advantage of a teams weaknessses and exploit them....and so far I havent seen that...I wilt Billieve

Fitz' last 2 games against Buffalo:

584 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yeah it's a trap game. It's a huge fucking Trap game.

This is the NFL. Literally every player on the roster is a good player. Doesn't matter what management wants, every player on that roster wants to win. They would like nothing better than to throw a monkey wrench into the Bills hot start. They will be practicing hard and should come out intensely focused.

The fact that Fitz is starting just makes it all the much more sticky. We all know he can get hot and take over a game. He can also go full-on suck, but that's not what we are worried about right now

The fish are going to start this game out fired up. The bills have to try to find a way to match that. If they don't, the fish confidence will build and you might give them a reason to think they have a chance, making them all the more committed to pulling the big upset

So you bet your black ass this is a trap game

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't lose to the Dolphins.   Their classic logo was a porpoise.  Their current logo is a killer whale.  

 

I know.   A killer whale is actually a dolphin(Orca Delphinadae) - but you get the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

I didn’t read the article, but can you have a trap game coming off the bye?  We should be chomping at the bit to get back on the field. 

That's a little to if a tree falls in the forest for me peace out man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care what anyone says: if the Bills lose to what is considered to be the worst team of all time....season is over. 

 

It would actually be a fitting chapter for this team. Bills have claims on almost everything tragic and pathetic in the sports world it seems...why not add ‘losing at home to one of the worst teams of all time”  to the book that is the Bills? 

They better not only win...but win big. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, zanthrax54 said:

Podcast_Art___Billieve___Blog_final.0.pn

Is it possible this is a trap game for the Bills? We discuss that and so much more on our podcast!

On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast — the 100th in show history! — host John Boccacino and co-host Jamie D’Amico get you ready for Sunday’s showdown between the Buffalo Bills (4-1) and Miami Dolphins (0-5).

At 4-1, the Bills are second place in the AFC East, and emerge from their bye week for the first of three straight home games. Among the topics covered:

  • The Bills are favored by 17 points, the first time the Bills have been such heavy favorites since the 1992 season, when Buffalo suffered a shocking loss to the New York Jets. Is Sunday’s game a trap game for the Bills? Is it possible for a Sean McDermott-coached team and the positive culture present at One Bills Drive to fall for a trap game?
  • What does the Bills offense need to do to get on track against a feeble Dolphins’ defense that is last in total yards allowed per game (439.8) and points allowed per game (180 in five games, 36 points per game)?
  • What can we expect from Josh Allen, and can he get the deep ball going vs. a porous Dolphins secondary?
  • Defensively, our podcasters expect the Bills to dominate a Miami offense that has been inept (league-low 42 points in five games, an average of 8.4 points per game).
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick gets to face his old team as the Dolphins ditched second-year quarterback Josh Rosen, who has struggled mightily, in favor of some FitzMagic. How can Buffalo take advantage of Fitzy’s penchant for throwing back-breaking interceptions?
  • They also expect Buffalo, led by Jerry Hughes, Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips to get after a Miami offensive line that has allowed 23 sacks and 48 hits on the quarterback in 2019 to rank in the bottom five of the NFL.

Check out the latest episode of Billieve to find out our podcasters’ thoughts on these topics, their predictions for the game, and more, then leave your thoughts in the comments section.


Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, the Mafia Mavens, and the Nick and Nolan Show:

Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone

Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.

View the full article

It better not be. They better be looking at tomorrows game, and only tomorrows game. Next week will come soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id just like to see the Bills FINALLY  get a W and a BIG W vs the competition they SHOULD EASILY beat instead of sucking VS them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF this is the same team of the past 20 years then yes this is a trap game.  If this team wants respect it has to beat Miami convincingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While national media is starting to pay attention and we’ve gotten some accolades, we aren’t over-hyped, somplayers shouldn’t be over confident.  Add to that how well coached most of the team is, I think we can avoid the trap game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is at home, after a bye week, the Bills have many  returning players. Just win the freaking game. 1 point win will be fine with me

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...