Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Beane scouting Ohio St (and Northwestern) Players this weekend.

Several NFL general managers attending tonight's Ohio State-Northwestern game, including Kevin Colbert (Steelers), Brandon Beane (Bills), Ryan Pace (Bears), Chris Ballard (Colts) and Rick Spielman (Vikings). 

I hope Beane is looking at Ohio State WRs.  They tend to do well in the NFL.

K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

10/5/19: Hill has 20 receptions for 218 yards and four touchdowns this season.

Binjimen Victor, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.

10/5/19: Victor has 15 catches for 269 yards and two touchdowns so far this season.

Austin Mack, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

10/5/19: Mack has 10 catches for 138 yards and a touchdown this season.

Jeff Okudah*, CB, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2019): 1.

Shaun Wade**, CB/S, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 194.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2019): 1-3.

10/12/19: Wade has 14 tackles with five passes broken up and two sacks so far this season. He has made some impressive plays for the Buckeyes and has been a bigger presence than the numbers indicate.

1 minute ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Beane about to risk it all and trade up for Chase Young lmao

That dude is a beast....but i prefer trading down, over trading up.   If he turns out to not be "all that" you have invested a lot in that one player.

2 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

That dude is a beast....but i prefer trading down, over trading up.   If he turns out to not be "all that" you have invested a lot in that one player.

I agree I'm good with staying put or trading down.  This year with the wealth of WR depth I hope we stay put and take BPA at OL/WR/DE

If the Bills are at a big 10 game it has to be for a CB 😄.  didn't we corner the market at ine point on Big10 dbs we didn't re-sign

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

If the Bills are at a big 10 game it has to be for a CB 😄.  didn't we corner the market at ine point on Big10 dbs we didn't re-sign

Good ahead and laugh.   There are a couple CBs worth looking at!    "You pretty much have to draft a Cornerback every year...."

Dang I wish we had a better GM and better cap management and we could have kept Stefon Gilmore.   He is still playing lights out.   Gilmore and White.  Lock it down!

19 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Good ahead and laugh.   There are a couple CBs worth looking at!    "You pretty much have to draft a Cornerback every year...."

Dang I wish we had a better GM and better cap management and we could have kept Stefon Gilmore.   He is still playing lights out.   Gilmore and White.  Lock it 

That post was for Sean.  

3 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Dang I wish we had a better GM and better cap management and we could have kept Stefon Gilmore.   He is still playing lights out.   Gilmore and White.  Lock it down!

MeRk Retweeted  🚨 Joe DiBiase  🚨

Im a big Gilmore supporter and was when he was with the #Bills...that said, the Gilmore you see today was not the one you saw in Buffalo. He was benched at one point his first year in New England. Credit to their coaching, they found a way to unlock the potential I thought he had

Doug Whaley was the GM when Gilmore wasn't re-signed. Brandon Beane came on as the new GM after the draft when Whaley was fired. I'm sure McDermott has some input on the players he wanted in the draft and free agency but Whaley was the GM.

Gilmore is a far better man coverage CB than zone coverage CB and McDermott plays a lot more mixed zone coverages(and a small amount of man coverage) than Belichick does. Belichick predominantly uses man coverage but mixes some zone coverage in.

Buffalo is in much better shape now with Beane as GM and McDermott as HC because they have history, have the same philosophy and communicate well.

4 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Several NFL general managers attending tonight's Ohio State-Northwestern game, including Kevin Colbert (Steelers), Brandon Beane (Bills), Ryan Pace (Bears), Chris Ballard (Colts) and Rick Spielman (Vikings). 

I hope Beane is looking at Ohio State WRs.  They tend to do well in the NFL.

K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.42.

10/5/19: Hill has 20 receptions for 218 yards and four touchdowns this season.

Binjimen Victor, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.

10/5/19: Victor has 15 catches for 269 yards and two touchdowns so far this season.

Austin Mack, WR, Ohio State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

10/5/19: Mack has 10 catches for 138 yards and a touchdown this season.

Jeff Okudah*, CB, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2019): 1.

Shaun Wade**, CB/S, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 194.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2019): 1-3.

10/12/19: Wade has 14 tackles with five passes broken up and two sacks so far this season. He has made some impressive plays for the Buckeyes and has been a bigger presence than the numbers indicate.

Okudah is a very good CB and should be off the board when Buffalo picks.

K.J. HIll is a WR to target in the 3rd round if Buffalo fills other holes like RT, RB or edge rusher in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Beane about to risk it all and trade up for Chase Young lmao

You would have to give up a lot to get him but he would take this defense over the top to an elite dominating defense.

If you are going to trade up into the top 5 getting a blue chip LT like Andrew Thomas would also be a great move to solidify the LT spot for the next decade. You could then slide Dion Dawkins into LG, have Morse at C, Cody Ford at RG, and re-sign LaAdrian Waddle to battle with Ty Nsekhe and a mid round rookie project OT for the RT spot. 

That OL would be dominating and give Allen a clean pocket and open up huge holes in the running game.

27 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

You would have to give up a lot to get him but he would take this defense over the top to an elite dominating defense.

If you are going to trade up into the top 5 getting a blue chip LT like Andrew Thomas would also be a great move to solidify the LT spot for the next decade. You could then slide Dion Dawkins into LG, have Morse at C, Cody Ford at RG, and re-sign LaAdrian Waddle to battle with Ty Nsekhe and a mid round rookie project OT for the RT spot. 

That OL would be dominating and give Allen a clean pocket and open up huge holes in the running game.

Feliciano is 5th in the NFL for offensive guards in pass protection efficiency.  I think they really like feliciano and Spain at guards.  Which is why Ford is still getting work at RT.  Nsekhe isn’t playing that much better than him

I was in favor of investing in a #1 wr over an o-lineman up until this year.

Given a clean pocket I think Allen can be an above average qb but when plays break down and he is pressured he makes dumb decisions.

Finding a RT and Dawkins replacement at LT are the biggest holes to address next off-season. Hopefully one is addressed in fa and one in the 1st round.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Feliciano is 5th in the NFL for offensive guards in pass protection efficiency.  I think they really like feliciano and Spain at guards.  Which is why Ford is still getting work at RT.  Nsekhe isn’t playing that much better than him

I've been impressed by Feliciano but Spain has been nothing special.

10 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Nsekhe is better in pass protection than Ford at this point especially against speedy athletic edge rushers.

Trading up to get Andrew Thomas is highly unlikely due to the cost.

I like the play of Feliciano as well and think Ford and Feliciano will be the starting Guards next year.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, bcw said:

I was in favor of investing in a #1 wr over an o-lineman up until this year.

Given a clean pocket I think Allen can be an above average qb but when plays break down and he is pressured he makes dumb decisions.

Finding a RT and Dawkins replacement at LT are the biggest holes to address next off-season. Hopefully one is addressed in fa and one in the 1st round.

Tackle seems to be one of our Biggest needs.     It would be great if we can get a good one in the 1st round.   Right or Left.   Just make sure it is a good one.