Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes suffers patella dislocation

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

• 0ap3000000923719.jpg
  • By Jeremy Bergman
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: Oct. 17, 2019 at 09:16 p.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 18, 2019 at 12:33 a.m.

Patrick Mahomes suffered a serious knee injury during the second quarter of Thursday night's 30-6 win over the Denver Broncos.

The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback went down with the injury with 10:00 left in the second quarter following a fourth-down QB sneak. Mahomes was tended to by trainers on the field before walking off with them into the Chiefs locker room. The team quickly ruled him out with a knee injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066666/article/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-suffers-patella-dislocation

Edited by George

Even if this “only” keeps him out 3 weeks, this may be a big shakeup in the AFC playoff race.

KC plays the Packers, Vikings and Titans in the next 3 games. They could lose 2 of those games even with Mahomes playing ... without him, they could lose all 3.

It’s not unfeasable that they’re 5-5 by the time he comes back.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Even if this “only” keeps him out 3 weeks, this may be a big shakeup in the AFC playoff race.

KC plays the Packers, Vikings and Titans in the next 3 games. They could lose 2 of those games even with Mahomes playing ... without him, they could lose all 3.

It’s not unfeasable that they’re 5-5 by the time he comes back.

Yup. Moore played well yesterday but obviously its not the same to start a whole game in which the opposition game plans for you rather than just mop up duty. 

The AFC aside from the Pats is wide open this year. 

And lets not forget he's sheduled for an MRI today. If there's more damage he could go under the knife and probably be done for the year. That would be interesting. 

• Thanks 1

Terrible news. I was counting on them beating the Patsies so they didn't reach a fourth consecutive SB.

It's been a rough year for Mahomes. Ankle trouble earlier, now this. I guess no one is exempt, and if your team is built around one superstar (I'm not saying the Chiefs are) when he goes down you're doomed.

If Mahomes gets good news from the MRI he maybe out for only 4 weeks. Hopefully he can come back this season because the NFL is more fun to with Mahomes.

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowFollow @AdamSchefter
More

Patrick Mahomes’ MRI was, in the words of a league source, “good” and it “turned out to be a best-case scenario.” Prior to MRI, team believed best-case scenario was Mahomes missing “about three games

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1185241733992452097

15 minutes ago, TheMachinist said:

Good, i was hoping the Raiders take that division. 

two teams making it out of the AFC West would not be good for us.  I'd like the raiders to fizzle out at like 8-9 wins max

3 weeks my ass, if they put him in that soon they're really risking the future health of Mahomes which would be a tragedy. The Chiefs better play it safe and pick up another QB via free agency or trade.