Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Christ, They Admit It

I guess I got too wrapped up in other things and missed the part where White House Chief of Staff Mulvaney came out and admitted that they (illegally) withheld aid to the Ukraine because they weren’t happy with the investigation being done on Joe Biden. And of course he heads the committee that would be in charge of distributing that aid so he would knowAnd of course he heads the committee that would be in charge of distributing that aid so he would know.

And stupid people still support him, you know who you are

34 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I guess I got too wrapped up in other things and missed the part where White House Chief of Staff Mulvaney came out and admitted that they (illegally) withheld aid to the Ukraine because they weren’t happy with the investigation being done on Joe Biden. And of course he heads the committee that would be in charge of distributing that aid so he would knowAnd of course he heads the committee that would be in charge of distributing that aid so he would know.

Now the question is, do the Dems have the will to make this happen or will the DNC leadership hem and haw long enough to let yet another opportunity slip away so that they can avoid doing things that might alienate potential independents and other such crap?  Seriously, these are extraordinary times -hell, its almost Nixonian - but sadly we have Pelosi and Schumer so I am really not expecting much.  The positive in such an approach is I won't be disappointed.  The negative is that well having Pelosi and Chucky in charge really gets in my craw as they don't seem able to do much.

6 hours ago, Herodotus said:

Now the question is, do the Dems have the will to make this happen or will the DNC leadership hem and haw long enough to let yet another opportunity slip away so that they can avoid doing things that might alienate potential independents and other such crap?  Seriously, these are extraordinary times -hell, its almost Nixonian - but sadly we have Pelosi and Schumer so I am really not expecting much.  The positive in such an approach is I won't be disappointed.  The negative is that well having Pelosi and Chucky in charge really gets in my craw as they don't seem able to do much.

You are correct, because the Trump Administration is more or less walking around with signs on their heads that say "Guilty! Impeach Us!" and after the COS Presser yesterday, it's time to go to a vote. She KNOWS she has enough yesses to pass it, so get to it, now!!

Edited by HipKat

1 hour ago, DC2007 said:

Oh man, 2 people with the same opinion tweeted with each other..

Cool story bro! Now let’s hear your thoughts on the White House Chief of Staff admitting that withholding the funds was indeed part of a quid pro quo which violates the international emoluments clause. And then maybe we can talk about this deal with the G7 coming to trumps resort in Florida which violates the domestic emoluments clause. Both violations of the constitution, Something I’ve been accusing him of for about 2 1/2 years now and how constitutional violations and breaking the law are absolutely reasons for impeachment according to both precedence and the constitutional rules

Isn’t it time for the Trump lovers to just give it up and admit that their president is a fucking idiot?

Edited by HipKat

As usual Greggy has a reading comprehension problem and bought the MSM headlines that claimed the exact opposite of what Mulvaney said:

Those are the terms you use. Go look at what [U.S. Ambassador to the European Union] Gordon Sondland said today in his testimony — was that, I think, in his opening statement — he said something along the lines of, they were trying to get the “deliverable,” and the deliverable was a statement by the Ukraine about how they were going to deal with corruption. Okay? Go read his testimony, if you haven’t already. And what he says, and he’s right, that’s absolutely ordinary course of business. This is what you do. When you have someone come to the White House — when you either arrange a visit for the president, you have a phone call with the president — a lot of times we use that as the opportunity to get them to make a statement of their policy, or to announce something that they are going to do. It’s one of the reasons you can sort of announce that on the phone call or at the meeting. This is the ordinary course of foreign policy.

6nsh79hj65t31.jpg

But don't take my word for it. Watch his conference yourself.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=Ns4QwN27P58

Well, I did watch the conference, and I also watched Fox and Friends (Also MSM) edit his remarks this morning - removing parts of his remarks. 

The truth is out there Sack. All you have to do is go find it. 

MSM opinions are one thing. Actual quotes, video et al isanother

Report: Mulvaney's Ukraine Remarks Shocked White House

Mick Mulvaney issued a statement Thursday night distancing himself from earlier remarks made by Mick Mulvaney. The acting White House chief of staff, who astonished lawmakers by acknowledging there had been a quid pro quo with US aid to Ukraine, accused the media of distorting his remarks as part of a "biased and political witch hunt" against President Trump, the Hill reports. Mulvaney, who told reporters at a news conference earlier Thursday that military aid was held up because the administration wanted to pressure Kiev to investigate alleged corruption relating to a 2016 hack of the Democratic National Committee email server, said in his statement: "The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server."

When asked during the press conference if there had been a quid pro quo, Mulvaney said: "We do that all the time with foreign policy. ... Get over it." Sources tell the Washington Post that Mulvaney's remarks took other White House officials by surprise and there was a rush to put out a new statement. "Totally inexplicable," one GOP lawmaker says. "He literally said the thing the president and everyone else said did not happen." After Mulvaney's earlier remarks, Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff, a key figure in the impeachment inquiry, said "things have gone from very, very bad to much, much worse" for Trump. Republican lawmakers also expressed concerns, CNN reports. "You don't hold up foreign aid that we had previously appropriated for a political initiative," said Sen. Lisa Murkowski. "Period." (Read more Mick Mulvaney stories.)

• Haha 1

Press Briefing by Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney

So we’re going to talk about the G7.  We’re going to talk about where we’re going to do it.  We’re going to announce today that we’re going to do the 46th G7 Summit on June 10th through June 12th at the Trump National Doral facility in Miami, Florida.

The focus of the event will be global growth and challenges to the global economy, specifically dealing with things like rejuvenating incentives for growth and prosperity; rolling back prosperity-killing regulations; ending trade barriers; and re-opening energy markets.  So, taking a lot of what we have been doing here domestically with such success and trying to encourage the rest of the world to get onboard as we sit here and our economy does so well.  You look all across the world right now, and the rest of the world is either at or near recession.  And we really do think that we have hit on a formula that works not only here but that would work overseas, where we take the G7 as the opportunity to try and convince other nations that they can have the same successes by following the same model.

Now, let’s talk about the site selection process because I know you folks will ask some questions about that.  How do we go about doing this?  First of all, we use a lot of the same criteria that have been used by past administrations.  There’s a long list of the accommodations on site: the ballrooms, bilateral rooms, the number of rooms, the photo ops, the support hotels that are there, the proximity to cities and airports, helicopter landing zones, medical facilities, et cetera.

So we use the same set of criteria that previous administrations have used.  We started with a list of about a dozen, just on paper.  And we sent an advance team out to actually visit 10 locations in several states.  We visited California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.  Now, we got that list down to just under 10, and the advance team went out to visit those.  And from there, we got down to four finalists that our senior team went out to look at.  They looked at — I think it was one in Hawaii, two in Utah, and then the Mar-a-Lago facility in Florida.

And it became apparent at the end of that process that Doral was, by far and away — far and away — the best physical facility for this meeting.  In fact, I was talking to one of the advance teams when they came back, and I said, “What was it like?”  And they said, “Mick, you’re not going to believe this, but it’s almost like they built this facility to host this type of event.”  If any of you have been there, you know that there’s separate buildings with their own rooms, separate and apart from each building, so that one country can have a building, another country can have another, you folks could have your building for the press.  And obviously, the common areas are going to be perfect for our needs down there.

Article 2, Clause 7
The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Q    But to be clear, what you just described is a quid pro quo.  It is: Funding will not flow unless the investigation into the Democratic server happens as well.

MR. MULVANEY:  We do that all the time with foreign policy.  We were holding money at the same time for — what was it?  The Northern Triangle countries.  We were holding up aid at the Northern Triangle countries so that they would change their policies on immigration.

Q    Mr. Mulvaney, what about the Bidens, though, Mr. Mulvaney?  Did that come into consideration when that money was held up?

MR. MULVANEY:  I’m sorry, I don’t know your name, but he’s being very rude.  So go ahead and ask your question.

Q    Just to clarify, and just to follow up on that question: So, when you’re saying that politics is going to be involved —

MR. MULVANEY:  Yeah.

Q    — the question here is not just about political decisions about how you want to run the government.  This is about investigating political opponents.  Are you saying that —

MR. MULVANEY:  No.  The DNC — the DNC server —

Q    Are you saying that it’s okay for the U.S. government to hold up aid and require a foreign government to investigate political opponents of the President?

MR. MULVANEY:  Now, you’re talking about looking forward to the next election.  We’re talking —

Q    Even the DNC.  The DNC is still involved in this next election.  Is that not correct?

MR. MULVANEY:  So, wait a second.  So there’s —

Q    So are you saying —

MR. MULVANEY:  Hold on a second.  No, let me ask you —

Q    But you’re asking to investigate the DNC, right?

MR. MULVANEY:  So, let’s look at this —

Q    Is the DNC political opponents of the President?

MR. MULVANEY:  There’s an ongoing — there’s an ongoing investigation by our Department of Justice into the 2016 election.  I can’t remember that person’s name.

Q    Durham.

MR. MULVANEY:  Durham.  Durham, okay?  That’s an ongoing investigation, right?  So you’re saying the President of the United States, the chief law enforcement person, cannot ask somebody to cooperate with an ongoing public investigation into wrongdoing?  That’s just bizarre to me that you would think that you can’t do that.

Q    And so you would say that it’s fine to ask about the DNC but not about Biden?  So, Biden is now — Biden is running for the Democratic nomination, right?

MR. MULVANEY:  Yeah.

Here he changes his story

Q    Did the President direct you or anyone else to work with Rudy Giuliani on Ukraine?

MR. MULVANEY:  Um, yeah.  The — when was it?  It was the May meeting, and I think this has been widely reported.  In fact, I think Sondland mentioned it in his testimony, and I’m pretty sure that Rick Perry mentioned it in his interview yesterday with the Wall Street Journal, that in the May meeting in the Oval Office that I was in — I think Senator Johnson was there, as well as Mr. Volker was there — the President asked Rick Perry to work with Mr. Giuliani.

Q    And did you think that that was appropriate when you were asked as well?
MR. MULVANEY:  I wasn’t asked.

Q    You just said you were involved in the process in which, you know, the money being held up temporarily.  You named three issues for that: the corruption in the country; whether or not the country — they were assisting with an ongoing investigation into corruption.  How is that not an establishment of an exchange, of a quid pro quo?  You just seem to continue to be establishing this, and then —

MR. MULVANEY:  It’s quid pro — those are the terms that you use.  I mean, go look at what Gordon Sondland said today in his testimony — was that I think, in his opening statement, he said something along the lines of they were trying to get the deliverable.  And the deliverable was a statement by the Ukraine about how they were going to deal with corruption.  Okay?  Go read his testimony if you haven’t already.

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:15 PM, HipKat said:

You do know the transcript of the conversation between our president and the Ukraine president has been released.  We know whats been said and what was asked for.  Why is any other testimony or questioning needed?  Biden came right out and told the story how he withheld money from Ukraine until they fired political officials, benefiting his son.  President Trump was investigated by the Obama administration while he was running in 2016.  That led to two and a half years of false accusations against him.  If that were you wouldn’t you want to find the source of the accusations and root out the corruption?

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:15 PM, HipKat said:

You do know the transcript of the conversation between our president and the Ukraine president has been released.  We know whats been said and what was asked for.  Why is any other testimony or questioning needed?  Biden came right out and told the story how he withheld money from Ukraine until they fired political officials, benefiting his son.  President Trump was investigated by the Obama administration while he was running in 2016.  That led to two and a half years of false accusations against him.  If that were you wouldn’t you want to find the source of the accusations and root out the corruption?

6 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

Of COURSE I would, but the LAW says that he cannot do that as someone who is campaigning for the Presidency, as that would be using a foreign nation for help defeating a political opponent. And that's not the full transcript, it's a summarized version

The White House has released a memo of President Donald Trump's July 25 telephone conversation with Ukraine's newly elected President, Volodymyr Zelensky.

The White House says a "memorandum of a telephone conversation" is not a verbatim transcript; it records the notes and recollections of Situation Room duty officers and National Security Council staff "assigned to listen and memorialise the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place."

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

Of COURSE I would, but the LAW says that he cannot do that as someone who is campaigning for the Presidency, as that would be using a foreign nation for help defeating a political opponent. And that's not the full transcript, it's a summarized version

The White House has released a memo of President Donald Trump's July 25 telephone conversation with Ukraine's newly elected President, Volodymyr Zelensky.

The White House says a "memorandum of a telephone conversation" is not a verbatim transcript; it records the notes and recollections of Situation Room duty officers and National Security Council staff "assigned to listen and memorialise the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place."

I am in no way condoning breaking the law  but, it seems very hypocritical to pursue impeachment for this reason when:Obama had Trump investigated before the 2016 elections, Biden withheld money from Ukraine for his own families gain, Bill Clinton asked the UK to take a look at a problem during the 2000 elections.  From hour one after the elections in 2016 the cry was Impeach Trump, Impeach Trump. This is the most investigated president in the history of the United States and the everything he does is criticized and scrutinized and the worst crime he committed was defeating the beloved Hillary Clinton.  Why don’t you stop crying about how bad everything is, think back to before he was president, what were the news headlines?  There was an economy going nowhere, high unemployment, unsecured boarders, Americans put in harms way for no gain to the US.  Now the headlines are Trump tweets, face it life is better.

1 hour ago, Buffalochief2 said:

I am in no way condoning breaking the law  but, it seems very hypocritical to pursue impeachment for this reason when:Obama had Trump investigated before the 2016 elections, Biden withheld money from Ukraine for his own families gain, Bill Clinton asked the UK to take a look at a problem during the 2000 elections.  From hour one after the elections in 2016 the cry was Impeach Trump, Impeach Trump. This is the most investigated president in the history of the United States and the everything he does is criticized and scrutinized and the worst crime he committed was defeating the beloved Hillary Clinton.  Why don’t you stop crying about how bad everything is, think back to before he was president, what were the news headlines?  There was an economy going nowhere, high unemployment, unsecured boarders, Americans put in harms way for no gain to the US.  Now the headlines are Trump tweets, face it life is better.

Well because you’re wrong. Unemployment was not high. The economy was getting better and had recorded 60 continuous months of job growth. Everything that you’re saying I think you might’ve gotten the date wrong because that wasn’t in 2016, that was in 2008 when Unemployment was skyrocketing and the economy was going nowhere, after the last Republican President.

The point is that all those things you say about people in the past, why didn’t you guys do anything about it? Just because you guys didn’t do anything about it doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be doing anything about it now when it comes to Donald Trump. And all you’re doing is giving us the same deflection that the Trump supporters are always replying with.

also, if you look at the things that qualified for impeachment, Donald Trump hits almost every Mark. It doesn’t take a crime to be impeached. You could be impeached just for lying to the American people and nobody has ever told as many lies has Donald Trump has. 14,000+ proven, verifiable lies. If you had a neighbor or a family member who lied as often as Donald Trump does, and as obviously as he does, you wouldn’t let anyone in your family go near them. You would avoid that person like the plague.

And that is where my issues with him first started. There is nothing on this planet other than a pedophile then I hate worse than a gutless, cowardly fucking liar. And this guy is the poster child for lying. From there everything else has just gone downhill. Yes and you can take all of his 250 a day Twitter posts and get them right towards the top of the pile too. How the fuck does somebody be a president of the most powerful country in the world, and make 250 posts on Twitter every single day?

Time to stop caring what other nations think and start to put our country first again. Sick of you pussy liberals worried about the rest of the world's problems. We have enough or our own. Stop wasting taxpayers money on a witch hunt and start doing your job.

Edited by BertSquirtgum

6 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

That's the thing, they give everyone who's not in office or didn't win election a pass while amplifying the things of the people IN office. The people IN office are not guilty of high crimes, treason, and misdemeanors while people like Clinton, Bush (both of them), and Obama clearly did impeachable offenses. Hell, Obama and Clinton and their acolytes are still undermining the elected government with no repercussions.

Nobody is giving them a pass. In fact, it has been repeated over and over and over, indict them, try them, convict them. That’s with the DOJ should be doing instead of taking trips to Italy to find dirt on the Robert Mueller investigation

15 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Nobody is giving them a pass. In fact, it has been repeated over and over and over, indict them, try them, convict them. That’s with the DOJ should be doing instead of taking trips to Italy to find dirt on the Robert Mueller investigation

Actually yes you are and when someone brings it up you accuse us of deflection and "whataboutism." Get real buddy, what Trump is doing now with Ukraine is investigating legitimate crimes with both the 2016 election AND Biden using his son as a proxy to get payoffs from a foreign nation. Yet this has somehow become the new impeachment ploy and people actually believe he's trying to take out a political opponent because Crazy Joe thinks he's going to "beat him like a drum."

kid GIF

36 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Actually yes you are and when someone brings it up you accuse us of deflection and "whataboutism." Get real buddy, what Trump is doing now with Ukraine is investigating legitimate crimes with both the 2016 election AND Biden using his son as a proxy to get payoffs from a foreign nation. Yet this has somehow become the new impeachment ploy and people actually believe he's trying to take out a political opponent because Crazy Joe thinks he's going to "beat him like a drum."

kid GIF

First of all I’m not your buddy. Secondly I don’t give a damn about “crazy Joe“. Still don’t understand that Donald Trump, by law, cannot do that investigation by virtue of the fact that he is a presidential candidate for 2020 who is trying to get an investigation started on a political opponent. Any investigations into “crazy Joe“ should’ve happened before the 2016 election or should’ve been instigated by somebody other than the president. The DOJ. The FBI. Those would’ve been good options but because Donald Trump admittedly held up foreign aid  in return for that investigation, he broke the foreign emoluments  clause. For two years you guys has the house, the Senate and the White House and did nothing as far as investigating any of these claims that are all of a sudden, the most important thing in your life

Trump says he still has great faith in Mulvaney.

Great faith = Pack your bags