Sign in to follow this  
thinwhiteduke

favorite songs/Bands etc

1 hour ago, jamsim67 said:

I think they had to have the mop top look though.

At this point, the record companies weren't necessarily selling the music.

When they see something they can make a boat load of money off of, talent is the last thing they look for.

Look at the Monkees ...

What would you think a record company executive would look at? They didn’t know what you would like, they made a decision on what they thought was the thing at the time! Elvis was turned down, for Christ sakes!

27 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

lol

Don’t lol me 🤣 that sounds condescending, like I’m stoopit. I’m not stoopit. But you can fill me in and help me with my ignorance? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, jc856 said:

What would you think a record company executive would look at? They didn’t know what you would like, they made a decision on what they thought was the thing at the time! Elvis was turned down, for Christ sakes!

They look at what's hot, and then they create more. Cookie cutter

This is just the opinion of someone who used to look at the world through rose colored glasses. lol

If I were in their position I can't honestly say that I wouldn't do the same thing.

Hmmm, lie to the public and make a fortune, or quit and go get a job at the salt factory and feel better about myself. 🙂

7 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

its planned in the sense that only people who comply with what ever demands they have, get signed. and they give them chorus's and lyrics to repeat that help subconscious mind  comply with   what ever they want to influence you about/how to feel.

janes addiction was odd and unique but still had to kiss up , while on their knees , to get signed. thats why Perry and Dave are still around. They chose to remain puppets.

Ive been told by other musicians of the time. Dave was so messed up, they had to have a guy playing his parts behind the stage while he faked it.

Jesus. Did you ever give it a thought that we on this board are manipulating your thoughts? That my very question is making you question your beliefs? SPOOKY........

4 hours ago, jc856 said:

I will say, I never was in a bar or club where women rubbed there tits on you, looking you in the eye, like that place. And I liked it.😎

That would have been awesome.

But you know there had to have been that one guy who complained.

Hey! You made me spill my beer! Go stand over there ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamsim67 said:

They look at what's hot, and then they create more. Cookie cutter

This is just the opinion of someone who used to look at the world through rose colored glasses. lol

If I were in their position I can't honestly say that I wouldn't do the same thing.

Hmmm, lie to the public and make a fortune, or quit and go get a job at the salt factory and feel better about myself. 🙂

I know it’s a waste of time, but I’ve asked this of other persons of your thought process. They are very reluctant to say anything personal. But here goes, what do you do for a living? Seriously, it would lend credence to your argument. 

That would have been awesome.

But you know there had to have been that one guy who complained.

Hey! You made me spill my beer! Go stand over there ...

Nope, no complaints I ever saw. Mostly guys lowering their heads trying to lick some cleavage. Oh shit, I think that was just me.......

7 hours ago, jc856 said:

Music is esoteric, it’s not something you’re “supposed to like”. 

Except that commercial  music has proven..the industry  tells people what to like and a vast majority  follow right along. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I know it’s a waste of time, but I’ve asked this of other persons of your thought process. They are very reluctant to say anything personal. But here goes, what do you do for a living? Seriously, it would lend credence to your argument. 

Pest control, and will be going out on my own in the spring

Why do you live by society’s norms? Because you’re told to? Why do you shit in a toilet and flush it? . SHIT ON THE SIDEWALK.! FUCK ‘Em!  You live within societies norms and bitch about what you don’t like. It wouldn’t surprise me if you were on the government dole, like SJ

6 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Nope, no complaints I ever saw. Mostly guys lowering their heads trying to lick some cleavage. Oh shit, I think that was just me.......

Now that would have been cool.

I remember being in a strip club in San Diego, and making out with one of the strippers. Awesome night, and she got a big tip

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Pest control, and will be going out on my own in the spring

You’re kidding, right?

Just now, jamsim67 said:

Now that would have been cool.

I remember being in a strip club in San Diego, and making out with one of the strippers. Awesome night, and she got a big tip

One of the posters here was telling me about fucking hookers that we’re stacked one above the other. Only in my dreams.......

1 minute ago, jc856 said:

You’re kidding, right?

Why would I be kidding about that? Seriously, I want to know

1 minute ago, jc856 said:

One of the posters here was telling me about fucking hookers that we’re stacked one above the other. Only in my dreams.......

Well this girl wasn't a hooker. Pretty sure she was working her way through law school 🙂

• Haha 2

Just now, jamsim67 said:

Why would I be kidding about that? Seriously, I want to know

You mean like,.... killing bugs?

Well this girl wasn't a hooker. Pretty sure she was working her way through law school 🙂

You know what? Never been to a strip club or topless bar. And we have them all over in western New York and Canada

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

And rodents

There’s gotta be a joke in there somewhere JamSim.....

4 minutes ago, jc856 said:

You know what? Never been to a strip club or topless bar. And we have them all over in western New York and Canada

I didn't go to many then, nor now

This girl was hot, and for whatever reason she ... ahh forget it

Maybe she got better tips that way

I don't think strippers are supposed to do though. lol

6 minutes ago, jc856 said:

There’s gotta be a joke in there somewhere JamSim.....

No joke, that's what I do.

To be honest though, sometimes you  have to ask yourself "well, how did I get here?"

6 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

I didn't go to many then, nor now

This girl was hot, and for whatever reason she ... ahh forget it

Maybe she got better tips that way

I don't think strippers are supposed to do though. lol

Okay, now I’m jealous, you do know I’m married for 42 years right?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jc856 said:

Your example sounds anecdotal. Do you think Decca records regretted signing the Beatles? 

I have a friend ,who's brother in law is Dean Naleway . One of the top 3 guys who founded/ worked for Triple XXX records, independent  label that did Jane's Addictions first album..before they got big and signed with a major label.

Well, Dean told me..one day,  they  had Guns and Roses in the  offices. Dean was playing their demo tape or something.. loud. Dean was trying to get them signed with Triple x. The head of the company  complained over the intercom  or phone or what ever, to TURN OFF THAT SHIT!  Dean  told him, " dumb ass, they're in the office and we're  trying get them signed on with us.  Yeah, well, he fucked that  up. Maybe the head guy was afraid of them not being alternative  enough. Another hair  metal  band or something. 

Dean Naleway= he's the guy getting whipped. By a dominatrix, in Perry Farrell's the Gift  movie

9 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

No joke, that's what I do.

To be honest though, sometimes you  have to ask yourself "well, how did I get here?"

It’s an honest living JamSim. Nothing wrong with it.