Sign in to follow this  
thinwhiteduke

favorite songs/Bands etc

7 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Top 40 in 70s to early 80s at least had a little more variety  and slight freedom. Today's commercial  stuff  is do blatantly  obviously  cookie cutter mindless drivel. To the point  that half the songs have exactly  the same back beat and are written by a  select few  team of  writers/ producers. Yet  most still don't understand  thats what a full fledged  conspiracy  is. 

I got into goth because  i liked the bass back beat in it. As time went on, I realized I liked most punk ,goth  etc. Because  it was almost all independent.  

If you think the diversity of  80’s top 40 music was planned, you’re delusional

1 hour ago, jc856 said:

If you think the diversity of  80’s top 40 music was planned, you’re delusional

its planned in the sense that only people who comply with what ever demands they have, get signed. and they give them chorus's and lyrics to repeat that help subconscious mind  comply with   what ever they want to influence you about/how to feel.

janes addiction was odd and unique but still had to kiss up , while on their knees , to get signed. thats why Perry and Dave are still around. They chose to remain puppets.

Ive been told by other musicians of the time. Dave was so messed up, they had to have a guy playing his parts behind the stage while he faked it.

31 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

its planned in the sense that only people who comply with what ever demands they have, get signed. and they give them chorus's and lyrics to repeat that help subconscious mind  comply with   what ever they want to influence you about/how to feel.

janes addiction was odd and unique but still had to kiss up , while on their knees , to get signed. thats why Perry and Dave are still around. They chose to remain puppets.

Ive been told by other musicians of the time. Dave was so messed up, they had to have a guy playing his parts behind the stage while he faked it.

Why should I believe that a conspiracy so vast, wouldn’t include you, spreading disinformation?

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2019 at 1:19 PM, Woody said:

John Valby is one of my all time favorites.  Merry Christmas.  :niterider:

15 hours ago, Crinoline said:

Everyone feels they have great taste in music. Music is far too subjective to quantify a definitive answer as to who has "great taste" in music. I don't like a lot of the songs posted in this thread, does that make my taste in music great and the posters of the music bad? Of course not. Listen to what YOU like, not what the mainstream tells you to like.

Music is esoteric, it’s not something you’re “supposed to like”. 

59 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Your example sounds anecdotal. Do you think Decca records regretted signing the Beatles? 

5 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

I think I can refer to this tune as the first one I was conscious of waiting to play again  and again  on the radio.

Mine was Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, thinwhiteduke said:

And then, there's Cannibal Corpse.... over a million albums sold, 30 years together and and never sold out

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

27 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Mine was Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John

I saw Elton in his heyday, at the Ralph in 1976, Boz Scaggs opening. Rained the whole time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jc856 said:

Oops forgot the pic

AEB0A0FC-BED5-4273-AB70-D30F462CECBC.jpeg

I will say, I never was in a bar or club where women rubbed there tits on you, looking you in the eye, like that place. And I liked it.😎

26 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I will say, I never was in a bar or club where women rubbed there tits on you, looking you in the eye, like that place. And I liked it.😎

It was the epitome of filth!

• Haha 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

8 hours ago, jc856 said:

“She’s got a ticket to ride” by the Beatles was my first. Of course, I’m an old fuck. 

Your body is old. Your soul however? That's another story 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jc856 said:

If you’re looking for the music industry for scruples, well....

I wasn't, lol.

But when you are young, and do not know any better, you believe that the person on stage playing guitar or singing on that CD actually has talent.

It's not until you get older, and realize that it's probably not true. 🙂

4 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

You’re getting a big plus one for that jamsim! 👍

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jamsim67 said:

I wasn't, lol.

But when you are young, and do not know any better, you believe that the person on stage playing guitar or singing on that CD actually has talent.

It's not until you get older, and realize that it's probably not true. 🙂

I realized that with Kiss, but you would be wrong about most groups before that

Just now, jc856 said:

I would amend that to say, when the Beatles came over, they brought forth many bands that wouldn’t have gotten a second look, i.e., The Dave Clark 5

15 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Forever 25!

• Thanks 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Watch from about the 3:40 mark of the video, as they protested the very fakeness of whatever that show was in the U.K.

12 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I'm only thinking pop music, or hits.

I said in an earlier post, that there were artists with genuine talent.

Jimmie page was a session guitarist for a lot of the 60's English invasion bands. I don't think Pete Townsend appreciated that a whole lot.

16 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I would amend that to say, when the Beatles came over, they brought forth many bands that wouldn’t have gotten a second look, i.e., The Dave Clark 5

I think they had to have the mop top look though.

At this point, the record companies weren't necessarily selling the music.

When they see something they can make a boat load of money off of, talent is the last thing they look for.

Look at the Monkees ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HipKat said:

And then, there's Cannibal Corpse.... over a million albums sold, 30 years together and and never sold out

neck.jpg

• Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

6 hours ago, jc856 said:

Your example sounds anecdotal. Do you think Decca records regretted signing the Beatles? 

I have a friend ,who's brother in law is Dean Naleway . O e of the top 3 guys who founded/ worked for Triple XXX records, independent  label that did Jane's Addictions firdt album..before they got big and signed with a major label.

Well, Dean told me..one day,  they  had Guns and Roses in the  offices. Dean was playing their demo tape or something.. loud. Dean was trying to get them signed with Triple x. The head of the company  complained over the intercom  or phone or what ever, to TURN OFF THAT SHIT!  Dean  told him, " dumb ass, they're in the office and we're  trying get them signed on with us.  Yeah, well, he fucked that  up. Maybe the head guy was afraid of them not being alternative  enough. Another hair  metal  band or something. 

Dean Naleway= he's the guy getting whipped. By a dominatrix, in Perry Farrell's the Gift  movie.