SpikedLemonade

2020 NFL draft: CBS Sports mock has Bills taking first-round RB

The Bills invested in running back Devin Singletary in the third round of the most recent NFL draft. Could the team go for a rusher ever higher at the 2020 NFL draft?

One outlet says yes.

CBS Sports looked ahead to the 2020 draft and in it the Bills take a running back. Not in the third round or second round, but No. 27 overall in the first round.

Here’s how CBS explains the move:

Frank Gore can’t play forever (we think) and Devin Singletary, while explosive, is a complementary back. Swift is an elite runner but he also excels at catching passes coming out of the backfield, which will provide Josh Allen with yet another weapon.

First and foremost, let’s thank these guys. The No. 27 pick? That’d be a hell of a season for the Bills.

But aside from that, running back seems like an unlikely move. Gore is aging, but Singletary looks like the future of the Bills’ backfield. Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane said after the 2019 draft that Singletary could make defenders “miss in a phone booth.”

While this front office has said one thing and done another on several occasions, the Bills have much more pressing needs than a running back with their first-round pick next offseason.

The Bills won’t have a look at wideouts Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb, but the upcoming receiver class is touted as a deep one. The Bills could use a receiver at this pick, or even help on either side of the trenches as opposed to the running back position.

If the draft did fall the way CBS Sports predicts, Swift would be the first running back off the board and the only one in Round 1. Swift is an elusive back that can make tacklers miss with ease, but he’s very as a bit of a two-way back that can get yards between the tackles as well with his 5-foot-9, 215-pound frame.

Also: Swift is an elite name for a running back.

Related

Ryan Fitzpatrick on facing Bills: 'The fans are so into it'

2019 Bills opponents: Ravens, Browns make trades with Rams

ESPN tabs Bills' Leslie Frazier as potential head coach candidate

PFF stat shows Ed Oliver's promise

Email Sign up

Like this article?

Sign up for the Bills Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

An error has occured

Please re-enter your email address.

Thanks for signing up!

You'll now receive the top Bills Wire stories each day directly in your inbox.

View the full article

Could we use a compliment to Singletary? Yes. In the first round? No.

Tackle, WR, and edge are the 3 most pressing needs as of 10/17.

• Like 2

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

1 minute ago, Mainejays said:

Could we use a compliment to Singletary? Yes. In the first round? No.

Tackle, WR, and edge are the 3 most pressing needs as of 10/17.

I highly doubt Buffalo drafts a RB in the 1st round unless Beane is very high on Travis Etienne.

More likely that Beane will draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to compliment Singletary as I don't see Frank Gore being re-signed.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I'd rather wait till the draft tbh.  Don't need Dolphins' scraps

He is not a scrap, he is at the end  of his rookie deal and the Dolphins have no chance to re sign.

1 hour ago, George said:

Kenyan Drake is on the block in Miami, I read that Miami is looking for at least a #4

Big tough runner, only 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRx1lkUeVdI

I would trade for Kenyan Drake if all Miami wants is a 5th round pick in 2020 and a conditional 4th round pick in 2021 if he re ups with Buffalo. He is a free agent after the season so if you trade for him you have to sign him to a long term deal.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 10/17/2019 at 11:48 PM, George said:

Kenyan Drake is on the block in Miami, I read that Miami is looking for at least a #4

Big tough runner, only 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRx1lkUeVdI

Wish I watched this before drafting him in my fantasy league, horrible, not a top 20 RB in the league that’s for sure, he’s a good back up

Spoiler: We're not taking an RB in the 1st. Bank on it.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile