SpikedLemonade

ESPN tabs Bills' Leslie Frazier as potential head coach candidate

The Bills defense has dominate in 2019, and has lead the team to any of the successes it’s had under head coach Sean McDermott.

Could defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier reap the benefits of that? ESPN said it’s possible.

ESPN named 13 NFL assistants that could be considered for future openings, such as the currently vacant Redskins gig. Frazier was tabbed as one of the 13.

Here’s what the outlet thinks Frazier brings to the table:

The 4-1 Bills are one of the big surprises of the early season, but their defensive performance shouldn’t be shocking. Buffalo has the league’s fifth-best defense by yards per game allowed (317.9) and third-best defense by yards per play allowed (5.0) since Frazier became defensive coordinator in 2017. Since the start of the 2018 season, Buffalo ranks first (289.6 YPG) and second (4.8 YPP) in those categories.

Frazier was head coach of the Vikings from 2011 to 2013 and interviewed for the Colts’ job in 2018 after McDaniels bailed and before it went to Reich. Sure, coach Sean McDermott has a defensive background and obviously a major role in Buffalo’s defense, but if all those Sean McVay offensive assistants can get jobs, why not McDermott’s top defensive lieutenant?

Of course, the defense is McDermott’s baby. But Frazier does his part and that could rise him to the ranks of a head coach once again. With the Vikings, he put together a 21-32-1 overall record and was 0-1 in the playoffs.

Frazier would certainly be a loss for the Bills if he moved on, but the team would support his efforts. When first hired by the Bills, Frazier was viewed as a coach that could provide a “veteran” presence to McDermott. As mentioned, Frazier had experience as a head coach. McDermott was a first-time hire. In that regard, McDermott is now a seasoned bench boss himself, so considering that, it would lighten the blow of losing Frazier, if that were to happen.

View the full article

Yeah, that would suck.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

On 1/31/2015 at 3:34 PM, IlluminatusUIUC said:

Jungle was one of the worst posters on the site and I'm not backing off that. The guy would say completely ridiculous, indefensible things over and over, and he would misquote and whine about attempts to refute those points as personal attacks. He was also completely devoted to scouting reports. My favorite one was when he tried to use a 2006 draft profile of Tarvaris Jackson as a counterpoint, after the dude had played six years in the league on two different teams.

945D802F-8FEC-4EF8-90CA-6D6166161CB4.jpeg

Reality:  He's 60 years old and unless a coach has a proven winning track record as a head coach elsewhere, NFL teams are not re-cycling 60 year old head coaches.  He'll get interviews because of the Rooney rule, but whoever interviews him will go with a younger guy.  He'll be the Bills D coordinator as long as he wants to be here.  

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Reality:  He's 60 years old and unless a coach has a proven winning track record as a head coach elsewhere, NFL teams are not re-cycling 60 year old head coaches.  He'll get interviews because of the Rooney rule, but whoever interviews him will go with a younger guy.  He'll be the Bills D coordinator as long as he wants to be here.  

Vic Fangio literally got hired less than 8 months ago.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

On 1/31/2015 at 3:34 PM, IlluminatusUIUC said:

Jungle was one of the worst posters on the site and I'm not backing off that. The guy would say completely ridiculous, indefensible things over and over, and he would misquote and whine about attempts to refute those points as personal attacks. He was also completely devoted to scouting reports. My favorite one was when he tried to use a 2006 draft profile of Tarvaris Jackson as a counterpoint, after the dude had played six years in the league on two different teams.

945D802F-8FEC-4EF8-90CA-6D6166161CB4.jpeg

If Leslie Frazier gets a head coaching offer but wants to still stay in Buffalo, Beane can offer him an Assistant Head Coach title and a pay raise as incentive to stay.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I like Frazier, but I won't shed a tear if he leaves.  Last season the defense was trash until McD stepped in and micromanaged. :niterider  

• Thanks 2

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

12 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Vic Fangio literally got hired less than 8 months ago.

1st time HC for Fangio.  Frazier would be a recycled 60 year old prior failure.  I knew someone in a hurry to be critical would mention Fangio without taking the word recycling into consideration.  Before criticizing a post-READ IT IN FULL.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

17 hours ago, SpikedLemonade said:

The Bills defense has dominate in 2019, and has lead the team to any of the successes it’s had under head coach Sean McDermott.

Could defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier reap the benefits of that? ESPN said it’s possible.

ESPN named 13 NFL assistants that could be considered for future openings, such as the currently vacant Redskins gig. Frazier was tabbed as one of the 13.

Here’s what the outlet thinks Frazier brings to the table:

The 4-1 Bills are one of the big surprises of the early season, but their defensive performance shouldn’t be shocking. Buffalo has the league’s fifth-best defense by yards per game allowed (317.9) and third-best defense by yards per play allowed (5.0) since Frazier became defensive coordinator in 2017. Since the start of the 2018 season, Buffalo ranks first (289.6 YPG) and second (4.8 YPP) in those categories.

Frazier was head coach of the Vikings from 2011 to 2013 and interviewed for the Colts’ job in 2018 after McDaniels bailed and before it went to Reich. Sure, coach Sean McDermott has a defensive background and obviously a major role in Buffalo’s defense, but if all those Sean McVay offensive assistants can get jobs, why not McDermott’s top defensive lieutenant?

Of course, the defense is McDermott’s baby. But Frazier does his part and that could rise him to the ranks of a head coach once again. With the Vikings, he put together a 21-32-1 overall record and was 0-1 in the playoffs.

Frazier would certainly be a loss for the Bills if he moved on, but the team would support his efforts. When first hired by the Bills, Frazier was viewed as a coach that could provide a “veteran” presence to McDermott. As mentioned, Frazier had experience as a head coach. McDermott was a first-time hire. In that regard, McDermott is now a seasoned bench boss himself, so considering that, it would lighten the blow of losing Frazier, if that were to happen.

View the full article

Is this spiked of farts and sheepfucking fame or a bot?

Obviously it'd be better if he stays but this seems more like McD's doing than Frazier's. Not taking anything from him at all. I'm sure he's a big part of the success. But more on the following what McD created rather than being the brains himself. 

Oh and Frazier was a terrible coach before. Another example of the soooo many "good coordinator, shit coach" .... so maybe that keeps teams away from him. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

On 10/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, Woody said:

I like Frazier, but I won't shed a tear if he leaves.  Last season the defense was trash until McD stepped in and micromanaged. :niterider  

Word.  I was at the San Diego game and the Chargers couldn't have scored those 4 TDs any faster if it was an empty field.

McDermott took over the defensive play calling in the second half.  The Chargers scored 3 more points.

What was impressive was the understated, classy way that McDermott handled the issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1