Sign in to follow this  
U-bomb

Zay Jones Traded to the Raiders

Good dump for a pick - it was a few weeks too late, but I like that they moved on, Duke is better now, and caught 4/4 targets yesterday

Good trade. I did not hate Zay, but I feel Benjamin infected him with a lack of heart. I mean I would not mind seeing Zay turn into a decent receiver. He just was awful here. I think we all saw enough v. the Pats. Allen and Barkley through many passes to him in the 4th quarter and if he had just been able to catch one we win that game.

Dances with wolves, was on this weekend

Fucking hilarious.

You know you’re FUCKED when your replacement made you irrelevant in one game.

Could of had JuJu Smith Schuster....

Although I was hoping for the best, Zay kind of made himself irrelevant

If gruden can rehab Peterman like he did, I am confident he can rehab Zay.

Zay is a decent pick up for the Raiders but I'm not sad to see him go.

He needs a fresh start, but I'm not worried he will ever be anything more than decent receiving depth.

It's cool to see a fan that can have empathy for other fans. Seems kind of rare on here.

I really don’t care about other cities fans SJ. I’m a heartless bastard. They already have super bowls besides.

It's cool to see a fan that can have empathy for other fans. Seems kind of rare on here.

What?

I just know that if not for Ralph and the Pegs that the Bills might not still be in Buffalo. We actually got lucky. Sure our owners have been mostly rank amateurs since the 60s, but sometimes they are smart enough to let excellent front offices come in and do well. The Raiders fans are as passionate as we are, and twice they have been robbed of their team. I wish the league would force Davis to do what that POS Modell had to do for Cleveland in that sure, you can leave Oakland, but you cannot take the Raider name, colors, records, or history with you. I would essentially make Team Vegas start with a complete new identity. Then as soon as Oakland could afford to build an NFL caliber stadium and the league felt like expanding again then I would put a new Raiders team in Oakland

I'm on board with you bro. Other than the Bills, I am rooting for those hardy/long-suffering fans to get a title belt in their final chance. ...and, they are now 1 game out of first place in the AFC West(despite a FAR more difficult schedule than the Bills and losing their biggest superstar to the tampering Pats). Maybe Mahomes ankle will become an issue, who knows?

When you look at Zay Jones catch percentage you see why Beane got rid of him. (Catch percentage is the number of receptions divided by targets.)

Zay Jones catch percentage went from 35.5% in 2017 to 54.9% in 2018 to 38.9% in 2019

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneZa00.htm

That low of catch percentage not only effects Josh Allen's completion percentage but the effiency of the offense.

When you look at Zay Jones catch percentage you see why Beane got rid of him. (Catch percentage is the number of receptions divided by targets.)

Zay Jones catch percentage went from 35.5% in 2017 to 54.9% in 2018 to 38.9% in 2019

That low of catch percentage not only effects Josh Allen's completion percentage but the effiency of the offense.

Do those possibly arbitrary numbers actually reflect the sh*tty throws he has been getting?

Do those possibly arbitrary numbers actually reflect the sh*tty throws he has been getting?

Not every throw Josh Allen makes is shity.

As a WR your job is to make catches even if the ball is not perfectly on target.

John Brown and Cole Beasley have caught off target throws more consistently than Zay Jones has.

Not every throw Josh Allen makes is shity.

As a WR your job is to make catches even if the ball is not perfectly on target.

John Brown and Cole Beasley have caught off target throws more consistently than Zay Jones has.

All of that is true. Look, I am a Josh fan, but in the Pats game he and Barclay were terrible on their throws to Zay. The guy should be grateful to be getting a new QB, to be honest. Try to honestly tell me you wouldn't be if you were in his shoes.

LOVE IT!!! Grunden sure loves to pick up our garbage!

Good move. Writing was on the wall for Zay. No hard feelings. It just didn't work out. But the dude never caused any trouble. He was a pro all along. Good luck in Oakland

Good for him. I can't understand what has happened in his head. 399 catches and now struggles everytime they throw his way.

This is the reason why Zay was traded for a bag of half-eaten donuts

Soon as I saw that this preseason I knew he was the same old zay, the completely shot version he's been since entering the league

He heard footsteps!

raw