Sign in to follow this  
Laughing Coffin

Ford is a major liability at RT, he should be splitting time at RG instead

It's interesting going back to the OBD tape of when Beane was pumped that Panthers jumped up and took Greg Little instead of Ford. Greg Little is coming off of his first full game at LT, after splitting time at LT the game previously, and he's been excellent. PFF (not the end-all-be-all in player grading, I know) has Little at an 86.4 in pass protection.

Cody Ford's pass pro grade? 45.8

Nsekhe for reference is 66.2

What exactly was Beane seeing on tape that he was so excited Ford fell to him (he even said they were considering trading back into the late first to get him) that is not translating to the NFL? His feet are so slow he's just getting beat to the QB by an everyday speed rush on the edge.

He's been relatively good run blocking. I'm actually very happy with this unit's run blocking as a whole this year, which is why I think Ford, if you're wanting to get him game reps, you get him the reps at RG. I think Joe Buscaglia had a writeup after week 3 that Ford was much better when he was playing RG when Feliciano went down with the neck injury, but it's behind the good ol' athletic paywall. Do the timeshare with Feliciano if you must, but Ford at RT is a major liability for Allen

For the cheap shits who wont pay for the athletic..... this is re the Bengals game....

2)
Cody Ford adds more proof for the guard truthers

The first two offensive series were not pleasant for the second-round pick. The Bills gave him a third consecutive start at right tackle, intending to continue the rotation there. In the first three offensive series of the game, the Bills executed that plan. On the third possession, Nsekhe entered the lineup and the Bills managed a long drive that resulted in a touchdown. Of the Bills’ eight offensive touchdowns this season, Nsekhe has been the right tackle for seven of them.

On Sunday, Ford struggled on the edge and looked out of control on a few pass-blocking opportunities. He wound up with only 15 snaps at right tackle, which means his performance there in such a small sample size is worrisome. To make things more complicated, Nsekhe vastly outplayed Ford in Week 3 at right tackle.

Ford’s worst rep resulted in one of Allen’s best plays of the game. Ford saw pass rusher Carlos Dunlap take a half-step toward an inside rush and got on his heels. Dunlap read Ford and booked it to the edge, not allowing the slower-footed rookie to catch up. Dunlap flushed Allen from the pocket and the quarterback needed an all-world throw to come up with the first down. Ford also struggled to stay step for step with the defender, and then relied too much on T.J. Yeldon for help on another rep. On a run-blocking opportunity, Ford dipped his head down and allowed the defender to rip past him to pin the running back on the inside and finish the play. You can see the three examples below, all of which add to the existing concerns with keeping him at tackle.

Once right guard Jon Feliciano left the game with a neck injury, Ford replaced him and looked like a different player. Ford played confidently as a pass blocker against bull rushers and operated well in space to “find work” and help his teammates. As a run blocker, he looked explosive as a puller and he crashed down on defenders when the play call needed him to get to the second level.

Ford looked more comfortable and at home while playing right guard than he ever did at right tackle against the Bengals. While he had a play or two that he’d like to have back, he was an asset to the Bills in his 55 snaps filling in for Feliciano. Ford has taken so many more snaps at right tackle than at right guard in practice since the spring, though every time we see him at guard, he looks like he belongs. If Feliciano has to miss any time because of his neck injury, the Bills should feel confident in Ford taking over as the starter. With how well Feliciano played in the first two weeks, the Bills could have an interesting decision to make based on how Ford plays as a fill-in. Regardless,
there is no doubt Ford is a better player right now at guard than he is at tackle.

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

I think the rotation has a lot to do with Nsekhe's age and health, but we all know teams want to get their high draft picks on the field so that is at least part of it.

Feliciano is playing pretty well, in my opinion, so I don't see them pulling any time soon just to make a spot to move Ford to.

It is still early but it will be interesting to see how stuburn they will be about keeping Ford at tackle next year.

I understand rookie struggles but if he doesn't improve RT needs a big upgrade next offseason.

It's interesting going back to the OBD tape of when Beane was pumped that Panthers jumped up and took Greg Little instead of Ford. Greg Little is coming off of his first full game at LT, after splitting time at LT the game previously, and he's been excellent. PFF (not the end-all-be-all in player grading, I know) has Little at an 86.4 in pass protection.

What exactly was Beane seeing on tape that he was so excited Ford fell to him (he even said they were considering trading back into the late first to get him) that is not translating to the NFL? His feet are so slow he's just getting beat to the QB by an everyday speed rush on the edge.

He's been relatively good run blocking. I'm actually very happy with this unit's run blocking as a whole this year, which is why I think Ford, if you're wanting to get him game reps, you get him the reps at RG. I think Joe Buscaglia had a writeup after week 3 that Ford was much better when he was playing RG when Feliciano went down with the neck injury, but it's behind the good ol' athletic paywall. Do the timeshare with Feliciano if you must, but Ford at RT is a major liability for Allen

Ford was a solid pick. Time will prove it. Wait and see......

I have no issue getting a good Guard in the 2nd round, but he doesn't look like he has the feet to be a tackle. I could be wrong, but right now you have two tackles that are better suited to play inside. They got lucky with Glenn being a guy who was capable outside and now its almost like thats their plan, fool the league and get their tackles later... the league doesnt miss that often.

No idea as to why they keep the rotation with Ty Nshecke or however you spell it.

Ford is clearly better at guard and Ty is clearly the better tackle. That nonsense needs to stop.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Ford was a solid pick. Time will prove it. Wait and see......

Not entirely writing him off. I just think he could be a monstrously good RG, and as far as the RT experiment, which they were clearly hopeful he'd excel at this level, is over IMO. His feet are too slow to keep edge rushers off Allen, but using him as a pull guard in space is a scary sight for anybody downfield waiting to absorb his block

If Ford is forced to start at RT than they better put a TE to help him out and chip pass rushers as well with a RB on the right side of the offense.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Not entirely writing him off. I just think he could be a monstrously good RG, and as far as the RT experiment, which they were clearly hopeful he'd excel at this level, is over IMO. His feet are too slow to keep edge rushers off Allen, but using him as a pull guard in space is a scary sight for anybody downfield waiting to absorb his block

Ford played LG at Oklahoma before moving to RT. IMO he can play LG or RG at a high level in the NFL.

Ford is a much better run blocker than pass blocker at RT. It's not ideal if he is forced to start at RT but if Ty Nsekhe is injuried Ford is the best option.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I'm not sure why the Bills were so high on Ford. Before the draft there was rumors that the Bills were high on Dalton Risner who they had in for a pre draft visit. He's currently the starting left guard for Denver.

Personally, I would have drafted a Chevy before a Ford !!!

Ford needs Motor back to be successful!

Maybe they are friends like Shady and Richie Incognito were.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

If Beane was that astute he would have traded above the Panthers and grabbed Little a true tackle, not a guard playing tackle in college!

If Beane was that astute he would have traded above the Panthers and grabbed Little a true tackle, not a guard playing tackle in college!

I liked Greg Little during the draft but he only played LT at Ole Miss.

It's hard to predict other teams big boards and where they will draft players.

IMO the best position for Ford in the NFL is G but he can play T in an emergency.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I was happy we drafted Cody Ford (based on the fact a bunch of OLinemen had been already drafted so he seemed like the BPA left....)

He hasn't show much at tackle, so far.

Maybe he is a guard.

Although the Bills are probably doing the right thing giving him reps to see if you can pick it up, and then rotating Ty in to keep Josh upright.

I don't have a crystal ball. Maybe Cody can be a good RT if he keeps get reps and coaches work with him.

In the meantime, let's trade for Trent Williams and have choices. Dawkins move over. Cody move over. Touchdown on 2. Touchdown on 2. Ready, break.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

IMO the best position for Ford in the NFL is G but he can play T in an emergency.

When little was on the board the Bills should have traded to 33 to get him.

So play him at left tackle and move Dawkins!

A source I have that knows someone who's within the organization claims that Nsekhe's knees are shot and he can't last a full game. Makes sense about the rotation

A source I have that knows someone who's within the organization claims that Nsekhe's knees are shot and he can't last a full game. Makes sense about the rotation

I'm not sure Nsekhe is rotating at all on Sunday(unless he's playing Sit n Spin), because he didn't practice at all this week. If he does play, one might expect it could be less.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

4 games is too soon to say he can't play tackle. Although I think we all see the same thing ...he is getting smoked at times on the edge.

So he might end up at RG. And I agree getting a really good guard in the 2nd round is nice value.

Problem is we are still hunting for a permanent solution at RT.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

4 games is too soon to say he can't play tackle. Although I think we all see the same thing ...he is getting smoked at times on the edge.

So he might end up at RG. And I agree getting a really good guard in the 2nd round is nice value.

Problem is we are still hunting for a permanent solution at RT.

Beane signed LaAdrian Waddle and Ty Nsekhe to be the RT and swing OT. Waddle getting injuried in training camp changed the depth chart at RT.

IMO Cody Ford and be a very good LG or RG , but only be an average RT.

I like the interior of Cody Ford, Mitch Morse and Jon Feliciano for next year, but RT will have to be address in the draft.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Feliciano > Ford

Feliciano and Ford should be the starting Guards on the team. They can both play LG or RG.

Quinton Spaid should be the backup G.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Feliciano and Ford should be the starting Guards on the team. They can both play LG or RG.

Quinton Spaid should be the backup G.

Check it out.....am I still the only person to even bring up Nsekhe didnt practice once this week? Nobody else is concerned in the least?

Our OL is disintegrating, while the Titans get an all pro tackle back tomorrow...for a QB who is already the only in the NFL not to turn the ball over even once.