Sign in to follow this  
jamsim67

Is LeVeon happy to be in New York?

He better be happy, they're giving him that $$$ he wanted. :niterider

He better be happy, they're giving him that $$$ he wanted. :niterider

But is winning important?

They wont have their 3rd string QB in forever... They nearly beat us without a miraculous comeback.... But who knows.

They wont have their 3rd string QB in forever... They nearly beat us without a miraculous comeback.... But who knows.

Falk was a good QB at Washington State. Not the NFL, but he was good. Lets see how that translates to the NFL

But is winning important?

I don't know, different strokes for different folks. He did hold out and leave the Steelers over money. :niterider

Falk was a good QB at Washington State. Not the NFL, but he was good. Lets see how that translates to the NFL

He's lightyears ahead of Simien. :niterider

I'm super glad he went to the Jets. Now they've got all that money tied up in a plug-and-play position, which prevents them from spending money in other more important and more difficult to fill positions

You simply can't win with the best running backs in the game anymore. And it's exactly because you have to pay them so much, more than they are actually worth. Sure, most games they'll get their hundred yards, but what good did it do you?

The Jets and the Giants are going to be train wrecks this year. So the two arguably best RBs in the game are going to play the whole season knowing they're going to end up with four to six wins. And in the case of the fish, they might win only one or two

Meanwhile you are using up very valuable mileage on the Treads of those guys. By the time those teams get their shit together, they both might be a shell of their former selves

Barclay didn't have a choice because he was drafted. But Bell played it really stupid I think. The Jets are 2 years away from being competitive, and the Giants might take even longer to recover from the huge mistake of drafting Barclay instead of a QB

Having the best running backs or running game in the league simply does not win any more. It's all about the quarterback, and having enough money to have talent all over the field. A high-paid RB is probably the worst mistake you can make

I don't know, different strokes for different folks. He did hold out and leave the Steelers over money. :niterider

It seems like every star free agent that the Jets sign, ends up in relative obscurity. He no longer has the offensive line to open holes for him, like he had in Pittsburgh. Running backs (even the great ones) cannot do it all themselves

He's lightyears ahead of Simien. :niterider

Yeah he is, but with practically nobody to throw to and no time

If you can make it there ...

You know the rest

He won't be happy if they start the season 0-4.

He will have to go home and lay on his money to perk himself up.

He won't be happy if they start the season 0-4.

He will have to go home and lay on his money to perk himself up.

Good for him, he has lots of money. However, the Jets needed more than an overpriced running back. Build thru the draft, and use free agency to fill holes. Could be a long year for LeVeon, and Jets fans.

Good for him, he has lots of money. However, the Jets needed more than an overpriced running back. Build thru the draft, and use free agency to fill holes. Could be a long year for LeVeon, and Jets fans.

Hope so.

The Buffalo Bills, and the Pegulas, have things on the right path.

Cleared Cap Space. Drafted a QB. Drafted Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds, signed Olinemen. Building a "culture" in the locker room.

Jets and Dolphins, not so much.

Just need Brady to retire....he is freakin' 42 years old. Peyton Manning and Brett Favre we all done by then....

Barclay didn't have a choice because he was drafted. But Bell played it really stupid I think. The Jets are 2 years away from being competitive, and the Giants might take even longer to recover from the huge mistake of drafting Barclay instead of a QB

Since I live close to the NY market, I know the Jets & Giants better than any team except the Bills (Knowing both the Giants & Bills allowed me to confidently bet the Bills last week, my 1st bet on a single game in 41 years, although now with legal betting there will be more).

The Jets aren't 2 years away from being competitive. Once they get Darnold back at QB along with their 3 suspended players, one of whom is their top TE and an integral part of their offense, they'll be better. The Jets main problem in being competitive is their O-line. As we have seen, a team can fix their O-line in one off-season. If they can fix some problems on their O-line, the Jets will be competitive later this year & at worst by next season.

As far as the Giants go, if Daniel Jones can become the QB they believe he is, they can be competitive next year as well. As long as Jones can be as good for the Giants as Sam Darnold is for the Jets, the Giants didn't make a mistake drafting Barkley over a QB, especially since Manning had 2 years left on his contract during the 2018 draft. They could afford to wait a year-as long as they are right about Jones-no bigger a gamble than what the Jets & Bills made in the 2018 draft. Unlike the Jets, the Giants have a decent O-line. They upgraded at RT & RG from last season & their starting center, who got injured early in 2018, is back this year. That's 3/5 of a new OL over 2018, big improvement, just like the Bills. The Giants biggest problem is their D. By next year they can fix that, just like any team that has the QB in place & cap money can do in a given off-season. Also, the Giants were missing their 2 top receivers when you saw them play the Bills (Sheppard concussion & Tate suspended). They'll have a better O to surround Jones with when these 2 come back.

Bottom line-It's still all about the QB. If the QB is in place a team not in cap hell can turn things around in 1 season. No team with a QB in place still on his rookie contract, is more than 1 season away as long as management fills in the right holes in free agency.

One more comment on Barkley-he has HOF potential and you don't draft with only one season in mind. If the Giants liked Jones a year ago & figured they could get him in 2019 while delaying the QB of the future by a year, they made a wise choice taking Barkley. Personally, I think the team that blew it on Barkley was Cleveland. They had picks 1 & 4 in the 2018 draft. If they had drafted Barkley at #1, the worst they could have done was the remaining QB among Mayfield, Darnold & Allen. If they really rated Mayfield that far above the other 2, they need new scouts.

Hope so.

The Buffalo Bills, and the Pegulas, have things on the right path.

Cleared Cap Space. Drafted a QB. Drafted Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds, signed Olinemen. Building a "culture" in the locker room.

Jets and Dolphins, not so much.

Just need Brady to retire....he is freakin' 42 years old. Peyton Manning and Brett Favre we all done by then....

Yeah, me to, I hate the Jets. But for some reason, NY City believes they've got to go out and bring the next big superstar to Broadway. Good for the Bill's, the only team that actually plays here.

Since I live close to the NY market, I know the Jets & Giants better than any team except the Bills (Knowing both the Giants & Bills allowed me to confidently bet the Bills last week, my 1st bet on a single game in 41 years, although now with legal betting there will be more).

The Jets aren't 2 years away from being competitive. Once they get Darnold back at QB along with their 3 suspended players, one of whom is their top TE and an integral part of their offense, they'll be better. The Jets main problem in being competitive is their O-line. As we have seen, a team can fix their O-line in one off-season. If they can fix some problems on their O-line, the Jets will be competitive later this year & at worst by next season.

As far as the Giants go, if Daniel Jones can become the QB they believe he is, they can be competitive next year as well. As long as Jones can be as good for the Giants as Sam Darnold is for the Jets, the Giants didn't make a mistake drafting Barkley over a QB, especially since Manning had 2 years left on his contract during the 2018 draft. They could afford to wait a year-as long as they are right about Jones-no bigger a gamble than what the Jets & Bills made in the 2018 draft. Unlike the Jets, the Giants have a decent O-line. They upgraded at RT & RG from last season & their starting center, who got injured early in 2018, is back this year. That's 3/5 of a new OL over 2018, big improvement, just like the Bills. The Giants biggest problem is their D. By next year they can fix that, just like any team that has the QB in place & cap money can do in a given off-season. Also, the Giants were missing their 2 top receivers when you saw them play the Bills (Sheppard concussion & Tate suspended). They'll have a better O to surround Jones with when these 2 come back.

Bottom line-It's still all about the QB. If the QB is in place a team not in cap hell can turn things around in 1 season. No team with a QB in place still on his rookie contract, is more than 1 season away as long as management fills in the right holes in free agency.

One more comment on Barkley-he has HOF potential and you don't draft with only one season in mind. If the Giants liked Jones a year ago & figured they could get him in 2019 while delaying the QB of the future by a year, they made a wise choice taking Barkley. Personally, I think the team that blew it on Barkley was Cleveland. They had picks 1 & 4 in the 2018 draft. If they had drafted Barkley at #1, the worst they could have done was the remaining QB among Mayfield, Darnold & Allen. If they really rated Mayfield that far above the other 2, they need new scouts.

As someone who has been following the Jets HARD the last couple of weeks your assessment is pretty accurate. I will say that the Jets have no corners and they have the 2nd largest amount tied up on the OL which is crazy because they suck. Thats what happens when your overpay for free agent OL who are not good

Bell probably thought he was going to a contender........and here we are week 3 and who knows who will win their 1st game this season the Fish or the Yets......LOL.....i know for a fact it will be neither after next weekend......or pretty much for a good part for the rest of the season....

Bell probably thought he was going to a contender........and here we are week 3 and who knows who will win their 1st game this season the Fish or the Yets......LOL.....i know for a fact it will be neither after next weekend......or pretty much for a good part for the rest of the season....

He may have thought he would make them a contender