Hey Guest, welcome to the NEW Buffalo Range.

The Bills, Sabres and Politics forum are ALL COMBINED into one convenient forum now.

To see how exactly this works CLICK HERE to watch a 1 minute video on how it works.

Ps, you can drag this sticky note around, or just click the "X" to dismiss it.

LiterateStylish LiterateStylish
Sign in to follow this  
D-Rocafella

Thoughts on AJ Green

He has been injured since early in training camp, just got out of his walking boot, and is at least another couple of weeks away from being ready for the field. He is 31 years old on the last year of his contract and has had issues staying healthy the past few seasons (Missed 13 games the past 3 seasons).

The positive is that his productivity hasn't dropped. In 2017 his last full season he went 75/1078/8. Last season in 9 games he went 46/694/6 which extrapolated to a 16 game season yields 81/1233/10.

Now with a early bye (Week 6) the Bills could be in a position to trace for Green around then, use that extra week to catch him up/get him 100% healthy as his original timeline was 6 to 8 weeks and he went down at the end of July. We come back after the bye to play on Oct. 20 which would give Green a little over 10 weeks and with the early bye we would have Green for 11 games and more importantly the more difficult games which kick in during the back half of the schedule.

In terms of compensation, the Bengals would get a 3rd round compensatory pick losing him as a free agent. Last season Golden Tate (also on the last year of his deal) went for a 3rd and this off season AB went for a 3rd and 5th. I could see getting Green for a 3rd and at worst having to throw in a 6th.

With all the information above if I were the GM I would make the deal. It is looking more and more like Allen only trusts Brown and Beasley and we cannot only rely on the two of them in our passing attack. A guy like Green gives us a true top guy with all the traits of a top guy and the reputation that would instantly make Allen trust in him. Basically we would be paying the 3rd and possibly 6th as a trial run for Green because if it were to work out we have more than enough cap space to fit sign him long term and really balance out the passing attack for the back half of Allen's rookie deal which if done right will be the time we can really be a player.

That is what I would do and why I would do it. How do you feel?

He is a great player but he is 31 years old, on the last year of his contract and injury prone. I like him but with all the above mentioned issues a 2020 conditional 3rd round pick and a 2021 3rd round is what I would offer.

Nope, not giving up a 3rd for half of a season with a broke down, injury prone WR with a history of deflecting balls and creating INTS. Not even close to worth it, IF he has a decent second half, I'd take a look this offseason, but honestly, don't want him. He's a name more than a player.

Pass. There's a bunch of good receivers coming out next year in the draft and the Bengals haven't won any championships with him.

AJ's(in the current scenario) a guy a team that is very close adds, like NE adding AB. I dont think the Bills are close enough to where he'd be worth the investment, but I try to stay open minded about possibilities. Sack's reminder about the draft is worth noting, if we don't try to nail down the OL with the first couple of picks.

We need to draft our next monster wr. Green is old and oft injured. Imo not worth the risk reward. I think folks need to give John Brown a shot....hes been damn good 2 games in...

For the right price, yes. I think he'd fit in well with this group. The problem is, who sits?