Sign in to follow this  
BillsNDeezNuts

What are we doing with Singletary?

I am still baffled with the missuse of Motor. We have a really good back that electrifies the offense with each touch. What is this coaching staff trying to proove? Are we not wanting him to hit his rookie wall. I need answers because it is bullshit that he averages 10 yards a carry and get 10 carries a game...

Devin Singletary got over used at Florida Atlantic by head coach Lane Kiffin. Singletary had 714 carries which is an obsene amout of carries for a college player.

IMO the Bills staff is using load management and limiting the number of carries Singletary gets intially and will slowly give him more toches as the year goes on.

This is a RB by commitee and no one should be the feature RB. Frank Gore is good for establishing the inside run. Singletary and Yeldon have big play ability.

Gore is on an expiring contract and Yeldon has 1 year left. So I expect Beane to add a RB to compliment Singletary in the draft.

Also hopefully Singletary only has a cramp and not a serious hamstring injury.

Tutoring him with a very good and underrated RB in Frank Gore. Really, as long as Singletary can stay healthy and learn from Gore the ground attack is going to be amazing.

Frank Gore has a decorated career and has plenty left in the tank. He basically took over Shady’s job. He deserves the lead role for now over the rookie 3rd round pick in Singletary.

Frank Gore has a decorated career and has plenty left in the tank. He basically took over Shady’s job. He deserves the lead role for now over the rookie 3rd round pick in Singletary.

They are a great one two punch and I like how they are being used. Gore is used to pound you and chew up clock and grind yardage. Singletary comes in tears through you like crap through a goose. Defenses still do not fear Josh Allen, but when that comes their numbers will surge to Thurmal and Kenny D type stats. Meanwhile, by defenses focusing on them, Allen can hit his receivers and move the chains.

They are a great one two punch and I like how they are being used. Gore is used to pound you and chew up clock and grind yardage. Singletary comes in tears through you like crap through a goose. Defenses still do not fear Josh Allen, but when that comes their numbers will surge to Thurmal and Kenny D type stats. Meanwhile, by defenses focusing on them, Allen can hit his receivers and move the chains.

As the season goes on I want to see Singletary and Yeldon get 10 to 15 carries each and Gore get 5 to 8 carries a game.

Its infuriating to see what he can do and to have him not getting touches. I love Gore, sure fire HOF player, but he should be the pounder and let Singletary get more work.

As a Singletary fantasy owner, I can't wait for him to start getting 20-25 touches a game however today's game was tailor made for Gore. Gore can still churn out yards when needed (like when we need to kill the clock) and is a far superior pass blocker. He deserves the touches until Singletary proves his game is better.

This is McD paying respect to Gore. It's becoming obvious McD doesn't have a killer instinct needed to make a playoff run. Same deal with calling off the dogs in the second half yesterday.

Adrian Peterson had 748 carries in college and then had 2033 (that's not including his 748 carries in college, for clarification) carries over his first 6 years as a pro

I don't need to hear about the large workload on a 20-21 year old in college.

Gore ran a lot better this game than the first game, he's a sure handed 1 cut and go vet that's wearing the defenses down

Adrian Peterson had 748 carries in college and then had 2033 (that's not including his 748 carries in college, for clarification) carries over his first 6 years as a pro

I don't need to hear about the large workload on a 20-21 year old in college.

Gore ran a lot better this game than the first game, he's a sure handed 1 cut and go vet that's wearing the defenses down

Singletary should be getting some more carries, but he is not a feature RB.

I believe this is load management move by McDermott in order to Singletary fresh for the late season playoff push.

Singletary should be getting some more carries, but he is not a feature RB.

I believe this is load management move by McDermott in order to Singletary fresh for the late season playoff push.

I'm just asking for him to get 15-20 max a game, maybe Daboll is stashing him away from Patriots' eyes so they can't scheme for how we are blocking for Singletary runs

I'm just asking for him to get 15-20 max a game, maybe Daboll is stashing him away from Patriots' eyes so they can't scheme for how we are blocking for Singletary runs

I think that is the right number of carries for Singletary. I believe they are slowly easing him into the offense.

Does the fact that FG has a shot at overtaking Sanders at 3rd all time rushing have anything to do with it? I’d think not, but maybe Gore might have that in the back of his head?

Any update on the injury? Last I saw he was day to day with no real specifics.

Are you saying you arent excited to finally see TJ Yeldon? :)

No, I believe Yeldon is a more then serviceable replacement, probably wouldn't mind if he would take some of Gore's snap counts. Just want to see Singletary's continued development, giving the Bill's better big play potential.

10 carries in a game and he still gets hurt. I love the way they are using him. It's a looong season. Keep him fresh and pound Gore as long as he's effective. It's more frustrating not seeing Yeldon get more carries honestly.

10 carries in a game and he still gets hurt. I love the way they are using him. It's a looong season. Keep him fresh and pound Gore as long as he's effective. It's more frustrating not seeing Yeldon get more carries honestly.

He got hurt because he is sitting on the bench not warmed up playing. Not sure what Daboll is doing maybe they don't lole his blocking.

He got hurt because he is sitting on the bench not warmed up playing. Not sure what Daboll is doing maybe they don't lole his blocking.

that's not why he got hurt.

Hamstring injuries are weird and they can just happen.

Hopefully it is not a long term thing.

If it is the Bills should call the phins about Drake.