Sign in to follow this  
junglesouljah

Teams that start 2-0 have a 63% chance of making the playoffs

I feel very good about Buffalo's chances of beating Cincinnati to go 3-0 next week. The chances of making the playoffs if you go 2-0 are 63%. If you go 3-0 the chances of making the playoffs jumps to 75%.

swOpVnSl.jpg

The offense didnt have that good of a game but scored 28.

I love having a game plan based around the pass rather than the run.

Unfortunately our 2 wins are against two of the worst teams in the NFL.

Luckily we still play Miami twice and the Jets a 2nd time.

We will see what's what with this after the next 2 weeks. They beat down NE at home and I'll say they got a shot at the SB this year. Cincinnati won't put up much of a fight, it's the Bills home opener, I dont see them having a let down next week.

Unfortunately our 2 wins are against two of the worst teams in the NFL.

Luckily we still play Miami twice and the Jets a 2nd time.

I don't knock Buffalo for winning games they are supposed to win, that is what teams that go to the playoffs do.

I don't think the vaGiants are as bad as they say but they were pretty banged up. We still got the job done though which is what we were supposed to do in spite of the conservaball play calling after the half.

We will see what's what with this after the next 2 weeks. They beat down NE at home and I'll say they got a shot at the SB this year. Cincinnati won't put up much of a fight, it's the Bills home opener, I dont see them having a let down next week.

Cincinnati is still playing without AJ Green which really hurts them. I like Buffalo's chances of beating the Bengals.

Buffalo has to play a perfect game with no penalties to beat New England.

Even if they lose to England a 3-1 start to the season is good.

I think they played two teams that are very limited, especially in the secondary, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Two wins on the road to open up the season is great.

What are the odds of starting 5-1 and endong in a dumpster fire?

Is a QB concussion involved? :) (in other words, sadly we know it's possible)

I figured folks might enjoy this snippet of an article that was about the odds of making the playoffs:

The Bills' last five 2-0 starts

Buffalo got off to a hot start in 2014, the second year under Doug Marrone, and finished 9-7 for its first winning season since 2004. Marrone benched quarterback EJ Manuel in favor of Kyle Orton, who threw for 18 touchdowns in 12 starts.

The 2000 season kicked off the franchise's 17-year playoff drought and Rob Johnson was named the starter over Doug Flutie. Head coach Wade Phillips was fired after the season.

In 2011, Buffalo ripped off three straight wins and snapped a 15-game losing streak against the Patriots in Week 3. But the Bills lost seven straight games in the middle of the season as Ryan Fitzpatrick tossed 16 interceptions in the final nine games.

The 2008 squad went 4-0 and had a 1,000-yard rusher (Marshawn Lynch) and 1,000-yard receiver (Lee Evans) but dropped 8 of 10 games to close the season.

Travis Henry rushed for 1,356 yards and 10 TDs in 2003 but Drew Bledsoe threw just 11 touchdown passes in 16 starts and Buffalo lost seven of its final nine games. Buffalo parted ways with head coach Gregg Williams after the season.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/09/15/buffalo-bills-2019-nfl-playoffs-odds-teams-chance-make-undefeated-josh-allen-week-2-patriots/2335642001/

Let’s not go there.....we’ve seen this team at 5-1 and 4-0 and what not before....only to fucking blow it and suck ass.

I figured folks might enjoy this snippet of an article that was about the odds of making the playoffs:

The Bills' last five 2-0 starts

Buffalo got off to a hot start in 2014, the second year under Doug Marrone, and finished 9-7 for its first winning season since 2004. Marrone benched quarterback EJ Manuel in favor of Kyle Orton, who threw for 18 touchdowns in 12 starts.

The 2000 season kicked off the franchise's 17-year playoff drought and Rob Johnson was named the starter over Doug Flutie. Head coach Wade Phillips was fired after the season.

In 2011, Buffalo ripped off three straight wins and snapped a 15-game losing streak against the Patriots in Week 3. But the Bills lost seven straight games in the middle of the season as Ryan Fitzpatrick tossed 16 interceptions in the final nine games.

The 2008 squad went 4-0 and had a 1,000-yard rusher (Marshawn Lynch) and 1,000-yard receiver (Lee Evans) but dropped 8 of 10 games to close the season.

Travis Henry rushed for 1,356 yards and 10 TDs in 2003 but Drew Bledsoe threw just 11 touchdown passes in 16 starts and Buffalo lost seven of its final nine games. Buffalo parted ways with head coach Gregg Williams after the season.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/09/15/buffalo-bills-2019-nfl-playoffs-odds-teams-chance-make-undefeated-josh-allen-week-2-patriots/2335642001/

Having lived through all those seasons you mention, I am not counting my chickens yet, nor putting any 10-6 predictions out.

Play one at a time and I will enjoy each win as they come.

I enjoy watching this team. I am going out to the stadium for the New England game. Hope to have a great tailgate, and maybe we upset that #$%$^ TB12.

Pedal to the metal' date=' don't let up, get the killer instinct[/quote']

The Patriots game will be the real test of this squad.

We last beat the Patriots in 2016. Brady was hurt and didn't play.

Prior to that it was Dec 2014 the last time we beat the Patriots. That game Brady only played a half...and the Patriots rested starters.

I feel like these percentages don't matter in the AFCE because we're instantly gunning for a wild card spot.

We last beat the Patriots in 2016. Brady was hurt and didn't play.

That was during his suspension for deflategate

I feel like these percentages don't matter in the AFCE because we're instantly gunning for a wild card spot.

That was during his suspension for deflategate

Point is, we haven't beat a Tom Brady led Patriots in quite awhile. And we get two chances every year. That is the test. Can we beat a healthy TB12 & Patriots?

The last time, and I was at the game, was in Sept 2011.

09/25/2011 New England Patriots 31 @ Buffalo Bills 34

Point is, we haven't beat a Tom Brady led Patriots in quite awhile. And we get two chances every year. That is the test. Can we beat a healthy TB12 & Patriots?

The last time, and I was at the game, was in Sept 2011.

09/25/2011 New England Patriots 31 @ Buffalo Bills 34

FITZMAGIC days...