Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Why the Bills should draft a QB next April ---- (See new Jared Goff deal)

The #Rams and QB Jared Goff agreed to terms on a 4-year deal worth $134M, source said.

He gets $110M guaranteed, a record.

Okay, we have Josh Allen and we are hopeful he turns out to be a franchise QB. That will be awesome.

But, would you pay Jared Goff $134 million?

And, what does that do to your salary cap.

So, we should draft a QB in April because:

a) If by year 3 Josh isn't elite, we should have someone in the pipeline.

b) If we have to extend Josh for $150 million, we need options, or, at least some leverag

Nope.

He sucks.

I was hoping we could see him on another team so the world could see just how much of a system QB he is.

Nope.

He sucks.

I was hoping we could see him on another team so the world could see just how much of a system QB he is.

You could say that Joe Montana, and Steve Young were system QB's.

Doesn't every QB have to learn the system of the offensive coordinator?

The #Rams and QB Jared Goff agreed to terms on a 4-year deal worth $134M, source said.

Okay, we have Josh Allen and we are hopeful he turns out to be a franchise QB. That will be awesome.

b) If we have to extend Josh for $150 million, we need options, or, at least some leverag

It's way too early to give up on Josh Allen. He is under his rookie contract until the 2021 season. Buffalo can activate his 5th year option for the 2022 season well they work on a long term contract for him if he proves he deserves a new deal and is a franchise QB.

Buffalo currently has $90,013,076 in salary cap space for the 2020 season as per Spotrac.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Buffalo has $28,274,747 in salary cap space for this year which they can roll over to next year. If they keep $5 million on hand in case they have to sign a player due to an injury, that would give them $113, 287, 823 in salary cap space for the 2020 season.

Because of moves, Beane made Buffalo is in terrific salary cap space this year and for the future. Beane can literally re-sign key players whose rookie contract are going to expire and still have plenty of salary cap space left to re-sign Allen in 2022 or 2021.

• Like 1

You could say that Joe Montana, and Steve Young were system QB's.

Doesn't every QB have to learn the system of the offensive coordinator?

Lit hates Jared Goff and thinks he is only successful because of the system that Sean McVay runs. Lit is all about confirmation bias. He didn't like Jared Goff as college player so by his logic than Goff can never be successful in the NFL.

I was higher on Jared Goff than Carson Wentz, and admit that I should have rated Wentz higher. When he is healthy Wentz is an MVP caliber QB. Unlike Lit am not actively rooting against Wentz and don't want to see him fail.

So who do you pay in free agency to be the Rams QB? Do you trade Goff for draft picks and hope the unknown QB can develop into a QB as good as Goff?

The point of drafting a QB and devleoping him is to have him become a franchise QB so you can pay him when his rookie contract is over.

Goff was awful the 2nd half of the year. After the KC game teams started to exploit him and McVay's offense in general

Yes Goff had some bad games last year, but he threw for 4,688 yards and 32 TD's and played in the Super Bowl. Bill Belichick is one of the best minds in the NFL and his game plan shut down Goff in the big game.

There are a lot of worse QB's out there, and a few bad games by Goff doesn't take away from his good season.

I saw him make a series of beautifully thrown balls accurate. I haven't seen that yet from Josh.

Yes Goff had some bad games last year, but he threw for 4,688 yards and 32 TD's and played in the Super Bowl. Bill Belichick is one of the best minds in the NFL and his game plan shut down Goff in the big game.

There are a lot of worse QB's out there, and a few bad games by Goff doesn't take away from his good season.

Some might argue that Todd Gurley's knee injury was a large part of the good fortune NE had last season(like their good fortune with the defender's foot in the prior game...or the refs bailing them out the year before in the AFC title game in which Blake Bortles and Nate Hackett deserved to be Super Bowl bound after the heroics of your boy, Myles Jack...as a fan of names, that is one I like. Speaking of names, imagine the 2 I mentioned prior to Jack prevailing over the goats, lol. I mean it happened, minus the refs interfering). When you take out a guy as paramount as Gurley, you edge a bit more toward being one dimensional.

On another note, not sure what I think of Gurley's character. The previous season, hours after being eliminated from the playoffs, he was seen on the town "partying with hot chicks" according to TMZ, lol. If any Bills do something like that, I wouldn't be pleased(other than the fact they made it to the playoffs, lol). https://www.tmz.com/2018/01/08/todd-gurley-parties-hot-chicks-rams-loss/ Apparently concerns linger over his knee, as "fantasy" people no longer seem that interested in him. Another thing to consider is how having an epic running back like a healthy Gurley might effect the stats of Josh Allen.

• Gay 1

Some might argue that Todd Gurley's knee injury was a large part of the good fortune NE had last season(like their good fortune with the defender's foot in the prior game...or the refs bailing them out the year before in the AFC title game in which Blake Bortles and Nate Hackett deserved to be Super Bowl bound after the heroics of your boy, Myles Jack...as a fan of names, that is one I like). When you take out a guy as paramount as Gurley, you edge a bit more toward being one dimensional.

On another note, not sure what I think of Gurley's character. The previous season, hours after being eliminated from the playoffs, he was seen on the town "partying with hot chicks" according to TMZ, lol. If any Bills do something like that, I wouldn't be pleased(other than the fact they made it to the playoffs, lol). https://www.tmz.com/2018/01/08/todd-gurley-parties-hot-chicks-rams-loss/ Apparently concerns linger over his knee, as "fantasy" people no longer seem that interested in him. Another thing to consider is how having an epic running back like a healthy Gurley might effect the stats of Josh Allen.

Gurley's injury played a large part in the Rams offense not playing to there potential. So did Belichick's game plan to shut down Goff.

For some reason New England always benefits from calls or noncalls that go in there favor.

• Thanks 1

Gurley's injury played a large part in the Rams offense not playing to there potential. So did Belichick's game plan to shut down Goff.

For some reason New England always benefits from calls or noncalls that go in there favor.

Not that anyone wants to know, the country who has a huge influence on entertainment gave Kraft their "Nobel Prize" last year. The guy has friends in the highest of places, and it's not a secret. Of course that combined with their getting help from a league that defined itself last year in court as "entertainment" might be just a big coincidence. I don't know, but I report the facts and give folks the opportunity to consider it. The funny thing is that not too long after Bibi tweeted his video saying what a great man Kraft was, he gets involved in an illegal sex worker/human trafficking sting. Poetic justice...maybe their levee has finally sprung a leak and will break soon. For awhile, they've had an energy that was almost the opposite of the Bills' curse. Heaven knows some people said it was our owner who started the curse with his meddling.

we have no idea how our qb situation will shake out this year. of course we all hope for a nice big bump from allen, but he certainly could disappoint greatly as well. there will also be another qb put on the ps. so making plans to draft a qb now is kinda silly

goff is blessed with a powerful oline and weapons all over the field. yet he still managed only 65% compl%. thats good enough but it should have been higher. and really good qbs manufacture more than tyrod fucking taylor in the playoffs no matter who they are playing against

side note: why do these veteran qbs keep taking the 'highest ever' offers? greed, of course. but i dont get why you cant take ten or so mil less so that your team can have another stud or two, or a handful of quality backups. marcia prissy pants does it every year. and despite fans misguided belief in the fat cheater as some kind of football whisperer, THATS why they are good every year. besides, of course, having the most accurate fucking passer in the history of the fucking game injecting himself with HGH every half hour ... in our fucking division, of course

• Trump 1

Not that anyone wants to know, the country who has a huge influence on entertainment gave Kraft their "Nobel Prize" last year. The guy has friends in the highest of places, and it's not a secret. Of course that combined with their getting help from a league that defined itself last year in court as "entertainment" might be just a big coincidence. I don't know, but I report the facts and give folks the opportunity to consider it. The funny thing is that not too long after Bibi tweeted his video saying what a great man Kraft was, he gets involved in an illegal sex worker/human trafficking sting. Poetic justice...maybe their levee has finally sprung a leak and will break soon. For awhile, they've had an energy that was almost the opposite of the Bills' curse. Heaven knows some people said it was our owner who started the curse with his meddling.

Natalie Portman pulls out of Israel award due to 'distressing recent events' there

This article is more than 1 year old

Jerusalem-born actor was due to receive 2018 Genesis prize but cancels saying she ‘cannot in good conscience’ attend ceremony

Andrew Pulver

@Andrew_Pulver

Fri 20 Apr 2018 12.04 BST Last modified on Fri 20 Apr 2018 22.00 BST

Shares

Natalie Portman ‘does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel’, according to a representative.

Natalie Portman ‘does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel’, according to a representative. Photograph: Mario Anzuoni/Reuters

Natalie Portman has pulled out of a major award ceremony due to take place in Israel, citing her “distress” at recent events in the country.

Portman, who was born in Jerusalem and holds dual Israeli and US citizenship, was named in November as the recipient of the 2018 Genesis award, a yearly prize for “outstanding achievement by individuals who have attained excellence and international renown in their chosen professional fields [who] embody the character of the Jewish people”.

However, Portman informed the Genesis Prize Foundation she would not travel to Israel for the ceremony, which has been cancelled.

Portman’s representative said: “[R]ecent events in Israel have been extremely distressing to her and she does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel” and that “she cannot in good conscience move forward with the ceremony”.

No specific events were mentioned, but the recent military response to Palestinian demonstrations on the Gaza-Israel border has provoked worldwide condemnation.

Read more

The move drew swift condemnation from Israel’s governing Likud party. Knesset member Oren Hazan demanded authorities revoke her citizenship while the culture minister, Miri Regev, referring to the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign, claimed she had “fallen like ripe fruit into the hands of BDS supporters.”

Portman was effectively joining the ranks of those “relating to the tale of Israel’s success and wonder of rebirth as one of darkness and darkness,” Regev said, a reference to her film adaptation of Israeli writer Amos Oz’s 2002 memoir, A Tale of Love and Darkness.

But Rachel Azaria, a member of the centrist Kulanu party, which is part of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s governing coalition, said Portman’s cancellation should constitute a “warning light” to Israel.

“She’s speaking for many in US Jewry, especially the young generation,” Azaria wrote on Twitter. “Losing them might be too high a price.”

As an Israeli, Portman has largely steered clear of politics, although she has expressed criticism of the current prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, saying in 2015 she was “very upset and disappointed that he was re-elected” and found “his racist comments horrific”.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/apr/20/natalie-portman-israel-genesis-prize

It's very nice to see some people in Hollywood stand up for one of the few human rights issues the news/entertainment industry actually demonizes, and congress passed a law to outlaw even talking about it! JC can stop mocking me now, because I care about the actions of folks, not their DNA. Kraft, on the other hand, obviously does not care so much about human rights, as evidenced in 2 different areas mentioned here.

Hats off to Natalie Portman for having the courage and conviction to do something like that, which isn't going to win her any friends with those who employ her. Individuals can make a difference, and with Bibi's low public approval rating with his own people(let alone every other nation on earth other than our cesspool of corruption...and almost nobody stops to ask why that is), he very well could lose if only any of the other candidates ran a decent campaign. The bad news, is that his more "moderate" opponents are actually even worse than him on the biggest issue there is. It seems their government is just as rigged as ours when it comes to choice, but if one thinks about it, it should come as no surprise. Good find, Jungle.

Seems like teams are trying to get ahead of the next QB in line for a contract in order to lock them in at the current market numbers. NFL administrations realize the QB position $$ will only continue to go higher along with the salary cap

Seems like teams are trying to get ahead of the next QB in line for a contract in order to lock them in at the current market numbers. NFL administrations realize the QB position $$ will only continue to go higher along with the salary cap

It's a cat and mouse game between agent and GM's, with agents wanting every star player to get the highest-paid contract in NFL history. So if you think your player is good and worth holding on to it benefits you to lock him up to a longterm contract before anther player is signed and resets market value.

As soon as Beane can re-sign Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Tre'Davious White, Zay Jones(assuming he takes the next step in his development) Dion Dawkins, and Matt Milano, he will sign them to long term deals.

Lit hates Jared Goff and thinks he is only successful because of the system that Sean McVay runs. Lit is all about confirmation bias. He didn't like Jared Goff as college player so by his logic than Goff can never be successful in the NFL.

I was higher on Jared Goff than Carson Wentz, and admit that I should have rated Wentz higher. When he is healthy Wentz is an MVP caliber QB. Unlike Lit am not actively rooting against Wentz and don't want to see him fail.

Having a running game, makes the passing game better.

Goff was one of my fantasy QB's and I didn't miss a beat

When did Gurley get hurt, because he was pretty much a non factor in the playoffs? Goff played a part

Goff was awful the 2nd half of the year. After the KC game teams started to exploit him and McVay's offense in general

When did Gurley get hurt, and the Rams had to be much more of an obvious passing team?

It's "possible" to be a better Pro quarterback than a College QB. See Troy Aikman. One example.

I saw him make a series of beautifully thrown balls accurate. I haven't seen that yet from Josh.

I hope Josh becomes the next Jim Kelly.

But as you point out, accuracy is still an unknown with Josh. Thus, draft a QB next April. Not saying in the 1st round. But a young, accurate arm, to fill the developmental pipeline...just in case. See the New England model of drafting QBs even though they have had Tom Brady for the next century.

It's way too early to give up on Josh Allen. He is under his rookie contract until the 2021 season. Buffalo can activate his 5th year option for the 2022 season well they work on a long term contract for him if he proves he deserves a new deal and is a franchise QB.

Buffalo currently has $90,013,076 in salary cap space for the 2020 season as per Spotrac.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Buffalo has $28,274,747 in salary cap space for this year which they can roll over to next year. If they keep $5 million on hand in case they have to sign a player due to an injury, that would give them $113, 287, 823 in salary cap space for the 2020 season.

Because of moves, Beane made Buffalo is in terrific salary cap space this year and for the future. Beane can literally re-sign key players whose rookie contract are going to expire and still have plenty of salary cap space left to re-sign Allen in 2022 or 2021.

Yes, Beano can resign key players.

But even the Bills will/would be impinged by a $150 million contract for one player.

You have to think ahead, plan for uncertainity (hello, Andrew Luck where are you?) and always have a QB in the pipeline (hello, New England).