Sign in to follow this  

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

For the record, I was also a big Rosen fan. And I am not yet convinced that Allen was the better choice. Let’s see in three years. And you know I am a better QB evaluator than Lit, just read his signature :-)

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

What more proof do you need? Allen has embraced the city and embodies the small town, blue collar persona that typifies Buffalo. His teammates love him, he works his ass off, and he is improving. I will continually go back to my belief that Rosen would have been a horribly bad fit here.

We had quite a few QBs that embraced our city. And ironically the last good QB we had hated the city ... do you rather live in Houston or in Buffalo ... enough said ...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

We had quite a few QBs that embraced our city. And ironically the last good QB we had hated the city ... do you rather live in Houston or in Buffalo ... enough said ...

Kelly also grew up in the northeast. He knew what it was like. Rosen is an entitled California kid that I’m certain would never have liked it here.

Kelly also grew up in the northeast. He knew what it was like. Rosen is an entitled California kid that I’m certain would never have liked it here.

Lmao... uh... Josh Allen is also a California kid.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

He also has a small town background and blue collar upbringing.

Where they’re from means shit. Rosen is a spoiled little prick that thinks he deserves everything handed to him, Allen is more humble and works his ass off, not to mention he’s willing to make sacrifices to make a play, to be winner.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

I'm picking on Lit (in good humor) just because of the "Lit is Right" meme on this board - he often IS right by the way.

I do think, however, that it just goes to show how much of a crap shoot it is when you're drafting players. Rosen was, by many people's accounts, THE most pro-ready of the QBs in his class.

And to be fair, some of it definitely has to do with the situations he found himself in. AZ was the worst OL in the NFL last year (worse than ours) and Miami is not only rebuilding, but has Fitz on the roster. Fitz is smarter than his coaches and just about the most charasmatic person in the NFL. He doesn't exude charisma to the public the best. But in a locker room.... people follow that man.

Still, you have the whiny-bitch interview on draft day, his college coach has questioned his leadership, AZ gave up on him after one year (to get their new HCs golden boy to be fair) and now the Miami coach has suggested that there are character and leadership flaws there similar to what his college coach signaled.

Rosen would have been an unmitigated DISASTER in this Town. Even if he played well.

He's got Jay Cutler written all over him IMO. A very capable player who is just too much of a douche bag to ever lead a locker room successfully.

And yes, i am biased. I kind of fell a bit in love with Allen back when he was being projected all over in the top 4 of the draft. Never watched him in college, but i saw the highlight reels and i got it. When they called his name on draft day i was pumped but also a bit scared that we might have become too enamored with the measurables. Still, i was excited and i think he's completely surpassing any reasonable expectations for where he would be at this point. He's definitely not there yet. It's probably going to take another year or two. But those two years are going to be fun to watch.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

I wanted Rosen. We were out watching the draft and I said to my friend, 'this is falling our way. We're going to get Rosen. He's not Jim Kelly but he's ready to play.'

Then ..… 'With the seventh overall pick the Buffalo Bills select Josh ……………………… Allen.

Nooo!! The big dumb one that stupid Cleveland was supposed to pick first overall?

Then I watched some highlights on YouTube. I immediately understood why the scouts had 'heart' emojis in their comic-book thought bubbles when he threw the ball.

But what sold me was Beane's speech where he finished with, 'he is Buffalo, you will see.'

I was on the Rosen train on draft night. I still think he will be a solid QB. He is not a modern QB though. He needs a solid Oline to be successful. He will never be the athlete Allen is. When he has to move, all bets are off.

So the whole California kid thing was not what you meant in your first post?

PS, Allen's parents own a 3,000 acre cotton farm. My guess is they have $$$$$.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Rosen the unChosen.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

So the whole California kid thing was not what you meant in your first post?

PS, Allen's parents own a 3,000 acre cotton farm. My guess is they have $$$$$.

Rosen is from a wealthy part of Cali. He’s an entitled prick. Yes...Allen is from Cali too, but a far cry from the same person Rosen is. You know exactly what I was trying to say.

Rosen is from a wealthy part of Cali. He’s an entitled prick. Yes...Allen is from Cali too, but a far cry from the same person Rosen is. You know exactly what I was trying to say.

Ok cool.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

For the record, I was also a big Rosen fan. And I am not yet convinced that Allen was the better choice. Let’s see in three years. And you know I am a better QB evaluator than Lit, just read his signature :-)

On my screen, his sig was blank for awhile, including his first post in the thread. I can see the "shaming" sig again now, though. For what it's worth, Taylor had some very good numbers posted on here by Flan or somebody when folks were comparing preseason numbers of a number of different QBs on here not long ago.

As for Rosen, he still has a chance to have a better career than Allen or Darnold, even if his coach doesn't start him this season. Or he could have some broken bones and/or end up worthless. I dont find it hard to imagine someone bumping threads at some point in the future, but right now don't know who it will be.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

lol Topas, not being from here I can excuse you for picking Houston of all cities. I think I'd probably prefer Buffalo to Houston. Now if you'd said Austin or possibly Dallas, that would be different. :)

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

That's the PR stuff. Allen's family is a comfortable farming family -his grandfather donated the land to build the school's stadium. I don't think of blue collar as a large acre owning family. They may have had to work hard but hardly what a lot of the Buffalo people grew up with .

Does Josh Allen have the look of an entitled athlete? No. He's been working his ass off from day one to get better, and Buffalo fans embrace that type of player.

While I believe Rosen will eventually be a good QB, it would make for an even better story if he wasn't such a dick.

Does Josh Allen have the look of an entitled athlete? No. He's been working his ass off from day one to get better, and Buffalo fans embrace that type of player.

While I believe Rosen will eventually be a good QB, it would make for an even better story if he wasn't such a dick.

You've gotta cut that antisemitism against The Chosen™, or you are going to trigger some latent hostility on here, and end up being shunned despite your good work.

That's the PR stuff. Allen's family is a comfortable farming family -his grandfather donated the land to build the school's stadium. I don't think of blue collar as a large acre owning family. They may have had to work hard but hardly what a lot of the Buffalo people grew up with .

I tried to tell him that.

His family owns a 3,000 acre cotton farm.

They likely have lots of $$$.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg