Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

2017 NFL Draft revisited: Grades for first-rounders two years in

2017 NFL Draft revisited: Grades for first-rounders two years in

27 Tre'Davious White - CB

Grade: B+ | School: LSU

Sure, if the Bills could redo the 2017 draft, they probably would've kept the 10th overall pick and taken Patrick Mahomes instead of trading down. But as far as consolation prizes go, Buffalo could've done far worse than White. (Just read the next blurb to see how much worse). After a rock-star rookie season -- in which he had four picks, 13 pass breakups and was in contention for Defensive Rookie of the Year -- White finished the 2018 season ranked fourth among cornerbacks in coverage snaps per reception and 10th in passer rating when targeted (min. 400 coverage snaps), but drew three times as many flags as in Year 1, per PFF. The excessive penalties in part prompted Bills CBs to practice in oven mitts (to prevent them from holding) earlier in camp. If White can recapture his rookie form, he could finish the year as a top-10 player at his position.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Lattimore is an A- but Tre gets a B?

GTFO.

Tre is better than Lattimore all day.

I really wanted Adams though. Ugh.

In this particular instance, Lit really was right.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

I remember moments before they announced the trade I was chanting for ‘Watson or Mahomes, Watson or Mahomes, Watson or Mahomes’ when the trade was announced I screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! And when it was for another fucking DB I screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Don’t care how good White is or becomes......Bills fucked up. As the tradition.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

I remember moments before they announced the trade I was chanting for ‘Watson or Mahomes, Watson or Mahomes, Watson or Mahomes’ when the trade was announced I screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! And when it was for another fucking DB I screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

What if Allen becomes a franchise qb? Will you be ok with Tre then? He is after all a damn good CB.

But, in fairness, don't you scream "FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" if you can't find a matching sock in the morning? 😊

While White is probably our best player if you don't have your future franchise qb you can't pass on 2 franchise qb's.

HC isn't a front office position.

I'm still going to consider that the new FO. Whaley knew he was gone and McD must have been a big influence on the pick

I'm still going to consider that the new FO. Whaley knew he was gone and McD must have been a big influence on the pick

Ya, as far as I know, Pegula wanted Mahomes bad. I think with Whaley still acting as GM, (although I do agree with you that McDermott was calling most of the shots on the draft) we wanted to set ourselves up for the next draft to have our pick of the QB litter, which was being touted as the best QB class since 83.

But, in fairness, don't you scream "FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" if you can't find a matching sock in the morning? 😊

Touché

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

What if Allen becomes a franchise qb? Will you be ok with Tre then? He is after all a damn good CB.

Of course. But I don’t think Allen will ever come close to Mahomes.

Ya, as far as I know, Pegula wanted Mahomes bad. I think with Whaley still acting as GM, (although I do agree with you that McDermott was calling most of the shots on the draft) we wanted to set ourselves up for the next draft to have our pick of the QB litter, which was being touted as the best QB class since 83.

This. I cant believe I was apparently a minority who wasn't surprised HCSM would want to build the team a bit first and get a QB from the supposedly EPIC class coming up next year when his GM was here and they had more time to do their own scouting. The Terry talk shows that he wasn't as clueless as some make him out to be.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Tre'Davious White is a rare talent. His experience playing hockey goalie is what really sets him apart, though.

If you can track a puck off of a slap shot, surely you can track a football pass. Plus, the ice skating only helped to further refine his footwork.

You watch; more defensive backs will take up ice hockey in the offseason. He's an innovator.

Now, if Mahomes was into curling or bocce - yeah, stupid pick by the Bills. But he's not.

It crazy how people are always 100% correct 2 years later. Surprised you guys are not running things yet.

Annoy a liberal..

Work - Succeed - Be Happy

mj.gif

I may be wrong, but I am never in doubt.....

Truthfully, I wish we had drafted Mahomes. Can you imagine him backing up Josh Allen this year? That would be crazy!!

Truthfully, I wish we had drafted Mahomes. Can you imagine him backing up Josh Allen this year? That would be crazy!!

The only thing that would make your posts better is if they were phrasd the way our President phrases things. I think you could win comeback member of the year. :)

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy